9/18 Games

4thgoal
SEOPS

9/18 Games

Post by 4thgoal »

Two big games tonight in SOC action!

Minford @ Waverly - Right now, with a 3 way tie in the SOCII, the loser of this one will find themselves in an uphill battle to have a shot at the title and the winner will be tied with Burg. Burg is playing @ Northwest and can't get caught looking ahead to Zane Trace this Saturday. Playing on the smaller, rougher field @ Northwest is a tough task!

Clay @ New Boston - Someone will get their first SOC win of the year.

jinks
Freshman Team

Re: 9/18 Games

Post by jinks »

Girls St. Joseph 3-0 over Huntington St. Joseph. Toughest game we've had all year. Good win Female Flyers!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Northwest 0
Wheelersburg 0

Boys score

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

a_c_m wrote:Northwest 0
Wheelersburg 0

Boys score
That's hilarious. NW has a distinct advantage playing on that u12 field this year.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Redcard wrote:
Wheelersburg 0

Boys score
That's hilarious. NW has a distinct advantage playing on that u12 field this year.
Are you really blaming the field? lol

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Buckeye24 wrote:
Redcard wrote:
Wheelersburg 0

Boys score
Are you really blaming the field? lol
You play on a field barely wide enough for a penalty box, put 10 defenders in the box, it becomes nearly impossible to score

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

4th n Goal wrote: You play on a field barely wide enough for a penalty box, put 10 defenders in the box, it becomes nearly impossible to score
But both teams are playing on the same field. Neither has an advantage.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Buckeye24 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote: You play on a field barely wide enough for a penalty box, put 10 defenders in the box, it becomes nearly impossible to score
But both teams are playing on the same field. Neither has an advantage.
The team with 10 in the box with no desire to score has the advantage

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Ok what the f..... happened??? Was the game really played on a u12 field? Is it true thurmer didn't play? And why did northwest only play with 10 guys? Was there a red card or something?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

jazzhands88 wrote:Ok what the f..... happened??? Was the game really played on a u12 field? Is it true thurmer didn't play? And why did northwest only play with 10 guys? Was there a red card or something?
It's the same field they use for u12. Thurmer played, not sure where that came from. They had 11 on the field, but 10 were on defense. Second half shots were about 20-0

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Advantage: NW
1) practice on small field, play on small field
2) style of play. Small field great for bootball or no control soccer(NW) bad for burg who uses space, attacks open space, gets wide, and controls possession.
3) turf vs grass. Burg is spoiled on turf now
4) a tie is a win for NW for sure. Maybe SavetheFight or prescriptionBurg or 3rd and 6 might have a stat on when NW came away last with something other than a loss.
5) speed is negated in smaller spaces. Thurmer less effective, if effective at all

Congrats to NW! Must be doing something right

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

NW and Burg tied last year too

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Wow. They got your number! Mullets and Mohawks!!!!!!!!

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Clay 2
New Boston 1
Final

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Northwest has to use junior high football field this year due to high school field issues. It is just as long but maybe 4 yards not as wide. It is rough, it is not turf. Can't use as an excuse as both teams have same conditions to deal with. No other school has complained or used as an excuse. As far as Northwest leaving 10 in the box, what game did you watch? Northwest had a goal called back by an offsides, I believe they had more shots on goal in the game than burg. Northwest also scored first at burg that was called back which no one can explain. Heard it was for running into goalie but goalie was out of goalie box and ran into his own man. Call tonight may been more legit as I was on other end of the field. Northwest marked Thurman and forced someone else to beat them, burg didn't or couldn't adjust and now I expect other teams will follow suit.

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Yeah, it was obvious Thurmer was marked...Burg has many weapons other than Thurmer but it seems as if none of them want to step up to the challenge when they face the tougher teams. They have another forward who is just as good and quick but his lack of effort and team play make him virtually ineffective and a non-issue for other teams IMO. Burgs offense has spurts of brilliance and then there are games like tonight. I have said it before...inconsistent play is their worst enemy ....especially from players with such a high talent level. Their defense made some small mistakes but kept the goose egg. Northwest played hard and went to the ball well. As for the field, yeah it was ver narrow and short and definitely affects your play style when you play most games on long-wide fields with room to run..but the good teams need to be able to adjust to that. Hard to believe all three of the SOC leaders went into the night tied and came out the same way...

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

I've seen enough soccer to say that the field makes a big difference in the way a team plays.

Northwest being the home team with experience on that field would probably have an advantage.

So what was the Minford - Waverly result?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

vballsoccer178 wrote:I've seen enough soccer to say that the field makes a big difference in the way a team plays.

Northwest being the home team with experience on that field would probably have an advantage.

So what was the Minford - Waverly result?
Minford 1
Waverly 1

Minford, Waverly, and Burg are still all tied at 3-1-1 in the SOC

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Tower wrote:Northwest has to use junior high football field this year due to high school field issues. It is just as long but maybe 4 yards not as wide. It is rough, it is not turf. Can't use as an excuse as both teams have same conditions to deal with. No other school has complained or used as an excuse. As far as Northwest leaving 10 in the box, what game did you watch? Northwest had a goal called back by an offsides, I believe they had more shots on goal in the game than burg. Northwest also scored first at burg that was called back which no one can explain. Heard it was for running into goalie but goalie was out of goalie box and ran into his own man. Call tonight may been more legit as I was on other end of the field. Northwest marked Thurman and forced someone else to beat them, burg didn't or couldn't adjust and now I expect other teams will follow suit.

Burg, valley, SW field all ~120yds long x ~ 75-80yd wide. NW current playing field I don't think reaches 100 long and approx 50-55 yds wide. So big difference.

I don't want to take away anything from NW. It sounds like they played a good game, had a game plan and executed so congrats to them. Just simply pointing out a home field advantage.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Redcard wrote:I don't want to take away anything from NW. It sounds like they played a good game, had a game plan and executed so congrats to them. Just simply pointing out a home field advantage.
I agree 100%.

Return to “Soccer”