New enrollment/divisions

goUK
Varsity

New enrollment/divisions

Post by goUK »

Is there any information on when this will come out?

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Re: New enrollment/divisions

Post by EHSoccer »

The corrected enrollment numbers were released this week and are available on ohsaa.org. The division cut offs will be decided at the OHSAA board of control meeting in June... I don't know when that meeting is. I can say that as I always do I have crunched the numbers and made a prediction for the boys division cut offs. I'm usually pretty accurate. I project the cut off for division 2-3 to be 203. That's an interesting number because it puts Waverly in D3 and from the East it would put Coshocton in D2. Don't promote this as fact, it's not, it's my guesstimation about where the cutoff will be. I can't remember my projected D1-D2 number but I do remember that my projection put Chillicothe in D1.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

It will be interesting to see what the new division numbers will be. A vast majority of the teams in the southeast are going to stay where they are after the new, more reasonable numbers came out. Based off of the OLD division cutoff numbers, a few of the teams could be switching divisions. Based off of the old divisions, the number of boys for DII were 204 - 378. This would leave the following teams being close (number of boys in the new update numbers):

Chillicothe (381) going up to DI
Waverly (201) going down to DIII
Minford (219) going up to DII
South Point (209) going up to DII
Northwest (206) going up to DII

Where exactly the cutoff point is could make a big difference for all of the these teams. I can't imagine any of the teams want to go up a division. Only Waverly would be in a better situation since they would go from being the DII district runner-ups to moving down with the teams they typically dominate in their league. This could be a huge move for them and interesting that Minford would basically switch places with them.

I believe we'll find out sometime in June what the new division numbers will be. Should be a nervous month for a few programs.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

This could be a very interesting change of events. Waverly has done well lately vs. D3 but having to play Wburg and\or SW multiple times in preseason and season now plus tourney will be a tough task for anyone. Not to mention the likes of a strong Albany squad and there are always a couple strong teams every year from the West.

Minford and NW in D2 could impact how the seeding draw is configured. They are in the process of reviewing the current situation and I'm sure this would have some impact. Either way in the ever-changing world of high school sports it looks like we will be in for another fun season and maybe some new rekindled rivalries.

I assume we will have more info within the next 2 weeks.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

According to the OHSAA twitter account today, apparently the new divisions for fall sports will be released on June 13.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Football was the only sport approved today. All other fall sports will be approved on June 18.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

Yep, the OHSAA just makes stuff up as they go. They had originally announced that all fall and winter sports would be done today. Now it's football only, imagine that. Other fall sports on the 18th and winter sports not now until Aug 8.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

Divisional breakdowns approved by the OHSAA.

Boys
377 and higher = D1
201-376= D2
200 and lower = D3

Waverly remains in D2 by 1 boy. Several SE schools move to D2 from D3 and Chillicothe moves to D1. The past few years the combined E/SE D3 district has received 3 regional bids. I'm sure that will change back to 2 as several schools from the SE moved to D2 and from the E both Coshocton and West M moved to D2.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

Here is the link to all fall sports....

http://www.ohsaa.org/members/sptdivis13.htm

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Anybody move up besides Minford, Northwest, and South Point? I'm interested in seeing how they do the sectional breakdowns now. I would think Unioto moves to the West (or North, whatever) along with possibly Waverly.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

danicalifornia wrote:Anybody move up besides Minford, Northwest, and South Point?
I believe just those 3. Anybody know if Piketon will have a team this year?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

hhs wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Anybody move up besides Minford, Northwest, and South Point?
I believe just those 3. Anybody know if Piketon will have a team this year?
Piketon has had a decent showing at the 8v8 in Waverly again this summer.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

Anybody have any connections on the SE District Athletic Board and know when they will get their website updated with fall tournament information? All the other districts have that information up now. D3 boys is what I am most interested in and here is what we know...

East/Southeast districts will be combined as they have been since 3 divisions started in 2000.
This year the combined E/SE will be back to having only 2 regional reps vs the 3 they have had the past 2 years.
The E district will send 1 team only to Jackson and the SE will send 3. The E district only has 5 teams this year- Hiland, Steubenville Catholic, Bishop Rosecrans, Monroe Central and Caldwell. One of the first 3 teams listed will be the overwhelming favorite to represent the East in Jackson.
What we don't know yet is how the SE will split their D3 schools into 3 sectionals and at the district level what 2 SE sectional winners will play each other and which SE sectional winner will play the East winner.

Hopefully this info will be available soon.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

The new information for the new season is up. http://www.seodab.org/fall-sports/boys-soccer

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

Thanks for the tip. For D3 this clears up who is in which sectional, but as an East district person it doesn't clear up who will play who. The graphic lists #1 vs #2 in the district semi which isn't really helpful or even accurate for that matter as either the #1 or #2 seed could get upset. It should state top half of the bracket and lower half of the bracket. BUT more importantly it doesn't list which sectional occupies which spot. Who will play the East district winner- the North, South, or West sectional winner? If it says that, I totally missed it. The SE district board has a history of printing very confusing information for their soccer tournaments.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It didn't say who will play the East. But, I would guess that the 1 and 2 seeds will come out of different sectionals, that's how the SE usually does things.

Unioto moves to the North in D2, as Minford/Northwest/South Point fill in the rest of the South. Only 1 regional representative again this year for D2.

Return to “Soccer”