Millersport 1-5-2
Harvest Prep 0-7-1

Bishop Rosecrans wins their first ever MSL- Cardinal Division League title
Bishops last League title was in 2015 when they were in the ECOL

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Boys MSL- Cardinal Division

Post by formerfcfan »

Congrats to the Rosecrans players. They’re a very good team.

I wish Rosecrans was able to get their playing surface situation straightened out.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

What is wrong with their playing surface?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:09 am What is wrong with their playing surface?
All of the reasons why the second BR-FC game wasn’t played to completion.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am
Soccerfan1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:09 am What is wrong with their playing surface?
was not there, don't know why?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:54 am
Game started, but the lines (painted black) were worn out to start and progressively got worse to the point they were indistinguishable. That’s compounded by the fact daylight was running out. Players and refs couldn’t make them out, so FC opted to go home out of player safety concerns. It’s preliminarily called a forfeit in Rosecrans’ favor, but I’m told the OHSAA is going to make a decision on the situation and either rule a forfeit (against FC or BR) or a no contest.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Game started, but the lines (painted black) were worn out to start and progressively got worse to the point they were indistinguishable. That’s compounded by the fact daylight was running out. Players and refs couldn’t make them out, so FC opted to go home out of player safety concerns. It’s preliminarily called a forfeit in Rosecrans’ favor, but I’m told the OHSAA is going to make a decision on the situation and either rule a forfeit (against FC or BR) or a no contest.
Wow! So are there lights at BR or was it too dark to play? That is interesting! Thanks for the update!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:39 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Wow! So are there lights at BR or was it too dark to play? That is interesting! Thanks for the update!
Since you follow Rosecrans, I’m sure you know the answer to the first question. Again, wasn’t called due to darkness but a (well-reasoned) decision by FC to withdraw from the match due to concerns about player safety regarding the pitch and boundary lines.

Didn’t bring it up to invite any controversy: we’re talking about two schools with much more in common than they do difference. First game I believe FC had the lead but Rosecrans managed to equalize and force a tie. I’m sure they didn’t make the drive to Zanesville with the expectation or intention of taking the ball and going home. Both teams would’ve loved to have played, but the FC coach raised his concerns about the playability and player safety with the refs, who advised that if FC was that concerned then the best course of action would be for them to just go home. If it indeed is upheld as an FC forfeit you’ll hear zero complaints or gripes from them. If it’s declared as a no contest or a BR forfeit however then it will probably suggest to the Rosecrans athletic department that they need to reassess how they paint the pitch lines. Regardless, I’m sure it’ll be brought up at the MSL soccer meeting for next year.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Schools not lining soccer fields is all too common and quite frankly a crock of you know what. Most of the time its because there is a football game to be played that week and they dont want any color but white on the field.

When we first started the girls program at fu, we had a game where the lines were so light that the refs told the AD either paint them or this games not getting played. We were schedule to play at 5. The opposition decided ok to push back to 6, they went over the lines. We ruined 5 or 6 uniforms that night that had yellow paint on them the rest of the year.
Funny thing is, fu will go out and paint the lines on tuesday for a football game, but not reline the soccer lines for a game happening that night. I'm starting to ramble because it angers me.

Is rosecrans like FC In that they have a soccer only field?? If so, and if not lights, my question would be why are you using black paint to begin with??

Rosecrans has has success on the pitch, I'd like to think their administration can put forth a better effort for their soccer teams.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

In response to the field conditions, Bishop Stadium is used for Football (HS, Jr Hi, biddy league games), Soccer (HS BSOC, HS GSOC, JR HI (b,g)) and is taken care of continuously by a dedicated group of volunteers, who spend countless hours every week on the upkeep of the field and stadium. The lines are painted weekly and/or after cutting the grass and are in accordance with OHSAA standards.

Rosecrans' football lines are white, so our soccer lines have to be a different color, and I believe also in accordance with OHSAA standards, as other local HS soccer lines are black as well.

I response to the lines, I can't belief that the lines "progressively got worse to the point they were indistinguishable" in the 10:16 that the FC team was on the field. And the lights illuminate the field quite well. I can see the lines from the stands every game I have been to a game at Rosecrans.

In response to the officials, I have been told that the officials did not say or advise that "if FC was that concerned then the best course of action would be for them to just go home." It is my understanding that they said to keep playing!

But back to the original post in this series of remarks,

Great Job, Bishops on winning their first MSL-Cardinal Title! (7-0-1, undefeated as well!!)

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:22 am In response to the field conditions, Bishop Stadium is used for Football (HS, Jr Hi, biddy league games), Soccer (HS BSOC, HS GSOC, JR HI (b,g)) and is taken care of continuously by a dedicated group of volunteers, who spend countless hours every week on the upkeep of the field and stadium. The lines are painted weekly and/or after cutting the grass and are in accordance with OHSAA standards.

Rosecrans' football lines are white, so our soccer lines have to be a different color, and I believe also in accordance with OHSAA standards, as other local HS soccer lines are black as well.

I response to the lines, I can't belief that the lines "progressively got worse to the point they were indistinguishable" in the 10:16 that the FC team was on the field. And the lights illuminate the field quite well. I can see the lines from the stands every game I have been to a game at Rosecrans.

In response to the officials, I have been told that the officials did not say or advise that "if FC was that concerned then the best course of action would be for them to just go home." It is my understanding that they said to keep playing!

But back to the original post in this series of remarks,

Great Job, Bishops on winning their first MSL-Cardinal Title! (7-0-1, undefeated as well!!)
So you weren’t at the match in question?

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

I did not attend that game, but have attended several other games this year at BRHS.... I have never seen the sidelines so indistinguishable to warrant a walk-off from the field.

But this post was to congratulate the Bishops winning the MSL-Cardinal Division! So, I say again,

Congratulations to the Bishops!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:13 am I did not attend that game, but have attended several other games this year at BRHS.... I have never seen the sidelines so indistinguishable to warrant a walk-off from the field.

But this post was to congratulate the Bishops winning the MSL-Cardinal Division! So, I say again,

Congratulations to the Bishops!
Yes, congratulations. Result of hard work and dedication by the kids and staff.

Return to “Soccer”