PK Shootouts

4thgoal
SEOPS

PK Shootouts

Post by 4thgoal »

This year, the Wheelersburg boys and girls as well as the Lynchburg boys and girls were all in PK shootouts during the tournament. Just guessing, but I bet that has never happened to both teams from 2 schools in the same year.

rxburgfan
All State

Re: PK Shootouts

Post by rxburgfan »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:25 am This year, the Wheelersburg boys and girls as well as the Lynchburg boys and girls were all in PK shootouts during the tournament. Just guessing, but I bet that has never happened to both teams from 2 schools in the same year.
A post season of shootouts for sure. These situations have
to be very rare.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto defeated Valley in a shootout in 1999 for their first ever win at the district level. Unioto has not competed in a shootout since in boys and has only done so once in girls in their 15 year history

Very rare indeed.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu beat eastern brown, man I forget the year, in a district semi, for our first ever district level win. I remember how happy i was for our girls and us as coaches to get that win, but how awful I felt for the EB girls too. It's a cool way to win a game, but an absolutely awful way to lose one.

Back when we started the program at FU, cville was the class of the SE, and man they put absolutely whippings on us for a solid 6 years or so. Our first ever win against them came in the tourney. We had held them scoreless for the 80 minute regular season game, then also held them scoreless for 110 minutes in the tourney. Then our goalie, Samantha Boch, saved 4 straight pks and we got our first win against them.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I think fu girls have been in 5 pk shootouts.

Lost 1 to athens a few years back.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly vs Gallia Academy in 2015 I want to say was decided on pks. It rained before the match and and during the match safe to say the spot was very muddy

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Soccer”