OHSAA Officiating Class

alabama mike
SE

OHSAA Officiating Class

Post by alabama mike »

Short notice but I just saw a soccer officials course being offered starting Monday in Wheelersburg.

Here’s the info: Contact is Tim Armstrong

New Officials Soccer Class is quickly approaching.

Dates will be the last week of July and first week of August on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 6:30 - 9:30PM beginning July 27th.

To register please register a free account at http://officials.myohsaa.org/Officials

Once registered click on the "Select a Course" tab on the left side of the screen. Select Soccer in the dropdown box and click the go button.

the course is named "Southland Soccer New Officials Course" and is offered by Tim Armstrong

Coaches & A.D.'s: This is a great opportunity for senior players to learn the other side of the ball and help out on those hard to fill junior high games.

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Re: OHSAA Officiating Class

Post by Mr. Official »

This is the first class I’ve seen in the area. Usually there is one in Chillicothe and one in Athens.

Hopefully we get some numbers and are still able to have the season.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The officials in southern Ohio do a fine job but they have low numbers and there is no way they can cover every game, especially with jr. high games. This is a great opportunity for senior players to be certified, college students to make some spending money or former players to give back to the game.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

There's low numbers all over the state. I wish HS coaches would do more to spread this awareness to their players. Referees should be in communication every year about recruiting players into refereeing.

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

I need to talk to Tim, he may be aware or have to confirm with OHSAA but at one time I knew they offered a discount to students taking the course. So much so that it was only the instructor portion they had to pay. Maybe next year if all this nonsense clears up, we can get a good turn out not just for soccer, but for the rest of athletics as well. I know there were several upset at the renewal process this year and OHSAA had to backtrack on what they originally stated.

Return to “Soccer”