2020 SHAC Soccer - Boys & Girls

sefcsoccertime7
Waterboy

2020 SHAC Soccer - Boys & Girls

Post by sefcsoccertime7 »

While things are still up in the air at this point for the upcoming fall soccer season, I thought it would be fun to get some discussion going for the Southern Hills Athletic Conference (Adams, Brown, Highland Counties) soccer season for boys and girls. Overall, the SHAC had a very competitive season last year with some solid tournament success as well. Here are some of my thoughts for the upcoming season on both sides...

BOY'S SOCCER:

My Prediction for Winner: Lynchburg Clay/North Adams

Dark Horse Team: Peebles

These two squads remain at the top of the SHAC, as it has been for the last 5-6 seasons. I think they are both very well coached, skilled and physical soccer teams. I could see it going either way this year as has been the standard. Peebles is my dark horse team, going off of a district appearance last year and some solid talent, they could surprise some people.

GIRL'S SOCCER:

My Prediction for Winner: North Adams

Dark Horse Team: Eastern Brown

I think North Adams has a ton of firepower returning this year and will again, be one of the toughest teams around. Can't count Lynchburg Clay out either, being arguably the best girl's program in the Southeast for some time now (cmon now, I can't ever count Lynchburg out). My dark horse is Eastern Brown, who actually bested NA in an upset tourney win last year. If their pieces come together they could contend for the top spot.

There are my thoughts and predictions for the upcoming SHAC season. Would love to see more people chime into this one either on the boy's or girl's side. Will it be another year of Lynchburg and North Adams battling it out? Or can a squad like Fairfield-Leesburg or West Union make some noise? Comment below!

Return to “Soccer”