Soccer Season?

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Soccer Season?

Post by Soccerfan1 »

What do you know about whether your school and/or the state will allow us to have a season this fall?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Soccer Season?

Post by 4thgoal »

I think we are at the mercy of whatever decision is made for football. I know the football coaches association made a proposal and sent to the governor's office. I am not sure if a similar proposal was submitted by OSSCA.

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

If the testing before games is removed, it is workable. I think that will happen. Maybe I am being overly optimistic. Schools aren't going to be able pay for the testing if it is required.

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

I think it's a joke just like the virus. They have to much control over things that they don't need to have control over. The governor is a idiot.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Will we finally get the go ahead tomorrow? Be great to once again be on SEOPs and talking soccer.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I see that Chesapeake has cancelled all fall sports and will be going to 100% remote learning to begin the school year. This will leave a lot of holes in some boys and girls teams schedules. I think there will possibly be more of this and schedules are going to be flipped upside down all over the area.

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

I had a couple Chesapeake games both home and away. The away game just said cancelled. The home game said cancelled season. It's a shame.

I understand safety and I understand no one really knows the ends and outs of this virus. I personally know 3 people who have been infected so there is something out there but the fear aspect has been blown out of proportion.

Hopefully we know some definite answers later today.

#make immune systems strong again

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I heard that Northwest boys were put on a 2 week halt of workouts. This will affect their first 3 games of the season.

Return to “Soccer”