Soccer Officials

Pol pot
SE

Re: Soccer Officials

Post by Pol pot »

Redcard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 pm Not that it would help with recruitment of zebras or maintaining a sufficient roster of available zebras. But i’d like to see some sort of physical fitness standard for these guys/gals to blow the whistle. Huffing and puffing 20yds behind the play to blow an offsides call just doesnt cut it.
Sure, get rid of the few officials you already have. So what would you replace these officials with?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Officiating is like Policing. Both are experiencing shortages because why would anyone want to do it with how the public acts with both

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:21 pm Officiating is like Policing. Both are experiencing shortages because why would anyone want to do it with how the public acts with both
If people get that bent out of shape because of a little yelling, they have bigger issues than trying to be an official.

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

Personally speaking, I couldn't care less what you're yelling about. I, generally speaking, only care about the players and the coaches and what my crew says. But I understand both points being made. #reflivesmatter

My issues comes after hearing a complaint not letting it go. I'll hear your side, give you my interpretation, generally tell you the rule being enforced and move on.

Fans only get dealt with during clock stopped, dead ball situations when their shenanigans are pointed and directed that attack my integrity, are insulting and abusive, or my name is used. That being said, I haven't thrown out a single fan this year... Yes, I want a cookie.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

Mr. Official wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 am So, back to the subject at hand, who has done their due diligence to get players, coaches, and fans potentially interested in picking up a whistle for next season?
I am working with a league to get officials to have a "recruiting" email together to send to the league. I think it's necessary. I've started talking to parents to get their HS kids some "jobs" in officiating because the money is pretty decent for a HS student.

Return to “Soccer”