Tournament Seeding

4thgoal
SEOPS

Tournament Seeding

Post by 4thgoal »

This forum has been extremely quiet this season. It’s great to see that we are entering into the tournament after a full season when we weren’t even sure we would have a season a few months ago!

What are everyone’s thoughts on district champs in each division/gender?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Tournament Seeding

Post by danicalifornia »

D2 is where only record matters and schedule strength/head to head results don’t.

I think Unioto deserved the 1 on the girls side, but I am okay with them being the 2 since Fairfield Union is also very strong. I would have been more upset if it was another school above. However, Unioto did win that H2H early in the season.

But, Unioto did not deserve the 2 on the boys side. I know Athens has 3 losses, but they beat Alexander and Unioto H2H, while also tying Gallia. I feel like Athens should have been at least the 2, if not the 1, because their schedule strength is up there as well.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Agree with danicalifornia. Full season of play. I believe the forum was quiet due to everyone holding their breath for the next match. But seeding isn’t perfect but the fact remains. To be the winner you must win. So good luck and D2 will be a battle.

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

I think Unioto closes out the season with Alexander. Not sure if home or away. It will be interesting to see how they bounce back from the loss last night at Burg. With players out at different times, games postponed or moved, this whole season has been both a breath of fresh air and extremely frustrating.

Should be a good one still with an edge to Alexander.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mr. Official wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:49 am I think Unioto closes out the season with Alexander. Not sure if home or away. It will be interesting to see how they bounce back from the loss last night at Burg. With players out at different times, games postponed or moved, this whole season has been both a breath of fresh air and extremely frustrating.

Should be a good one still with an edge to Alexander.
Tough week for Unioto, but they should be ready for the tournament as long as they can stay healthy. A week off after Alexander until their first tournament game should give them time to rest a little.

Return to “Soccer”