Division III Boys Soccer Tournament schedule, scores, etc.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Division III Boys Soccer Tournament schedule, scores, etc.

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Doesn’t seem like the match should be at Lynchburg-Clay. This is their home field and it looks like there are seats for like 20 people. I think the match should be Waverly, Northwest, or Wheelersburg. Definitely Wheelersburg if the other two sites didn’t want to host it since we are the #1 seed.
Attachments
0C25E3E9-D393-4BE0-ABE9-B00B4BCC59FA.jpeg

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:01 pm Image

Doesn’t seem like the match should be at Lynchburg-Clay. This is their home field and it looks like there are seats for like 20 people. I think the match should be Waverly, Northwest, or Wheelersburg. Definitely Wheelersburg if the other two sites didn’t want to host it since we are the #1 seed.
They have 7-8 rows of seating that runs along one entire sideline. Maybe slightly smaller on the ends, but it’s plenty of seating for a soccer game.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:09 pm

They have 7-8 rows of seating that runs along one entire sideline. Maybe slightly smaller on the ends, but it’s plenty of seating for a soccer game.
The lighter sections in the middle the sideline aren’t bleachers. It’s just concrete where the concessions would be. All I see is two small sections of bleachers on each end. Too small for a Regional semi-final. Wheelersburg is the #1 seed, so the lower seed should travel if a neutral site can’t be secured.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:11 pm

The lighter sections in the middle the sideline aren’t bleachers. It’s just concrete where the concessions would be. All I see is two small sections of bleachers on each end. Too small for a Regional semi-final. Wheelersburg is the #1 seed, so the lower seed should travel if a neutral site can’t be secured.
I’ve literally been to the field in the past month and know that they have a good bit of seating. But, it wouldn’t be southeasternohiopreps if people weren’t complaining about where a game is being played.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:23 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:11 pm

I’ve literally been to the field in the past month and know that they have a good bit of seating. But, it wouldn’t be southeasternohiopreps if people weren’t complaining about where a game is being played.
The picture I posted was from Google maps. Maybe it hasn’t been updated in awhile, I don’t know. Doesn’t look like many seats from the aerial view. Since you were literally there in the past month, I’ll take you’re word for it. Lol

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

I've been to Lynchburg this year a couple times... The field is solid. A couple spots that won't be even but at this point in the season, show me a perfect grass field and I'll show you a professional stadium or a team that didn't play all season. As far as seating goes... the aerial view is pretty accurate. 2 1/2 sets of bleachers on each end of the concession stand. Terrible place to actually watch a game. Too far away and not high enough.

I won't speak on the teams other than to congratulate them both on a great season and wish them luck from this point forward.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

On the positive side, if Wheelersburg can win Wednesday, they would be playing for a spot in the final 4 at home on Saturday! Same can be said for the Lady Pirates who play at home on Tuesday in what could be the first regional game ever hosted in Scioto County?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 am On the positive side, if Wheelersburg can win Wednesday, they would be playing for a spot in the final 4 at home on Saturday! Same can be said for the Lady Pirates who play at home on Tuesday in what could be the first regional game ever hosted in Scioto County?
In 2002, Unioto defeated Alexander at New Boston in a Regional Semifinal

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 am
4thgoal wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 am On the positive side, if Wheelersburg can win Wednesday, they would be playing for a spot in the final 4 at home on Saturday! Same can be said for the Lady Pirates who play at home on Tuesday in what could be the first regional game ever hosted in Scioto County?
In 2002, Unioto defeated Alexander at New Boston in a Regional Semifinal
Good info! Also around 1985, Minford played Cincinnati Indian Hills at New Boston. I am not sure if that was a regional game or not.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Lynchburg is able to sit over 250 people at their complex.

Also, remember that LC is the higher seed in Girls Soccer and they are traveling to Wheelersburg tonight.

OHSAA made the decision to host at the top team on the bracket. Both fields are in good shape and all teams will be prepared for a great game!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Will the Wheelersburg at Lynchburg Clay game be live streamed tonight?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

a_c_m wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:22 pm Will the Wheelersburg at Lynchburg Clay game be live streamed tonight?
Anyone find a stream?

Post by transplant »

Come on pirates!!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Return to “Soccer”