Mark Wiley

4thgoal
SEOPS

Mark Wiley

Post by 4thgoal »

The SE district lost one of the top officials last night. Mark Wiley had officiated for many years and was well respected by his peers as well as coaches and players. He had a severe heart attack last Monday and was never able to recover. Mark was one of the good ones. RIP Wiley

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Re: Mark Wiley

Post by HatTrick »

Wiley was such a class act in the officiating world. Thank you for all the great years, Mark. RIP legend.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Prayers for the family!

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

I've worked with Mark several times throughout my career. Always a hug. Always candy. Always teaching.

It's been a couple years since our last match together but he was genuine in everything he did while at the field. USSF, High school, college, MArk did it all.

He will be greatly missed. Continued Prayers for his family, Marko and Cathy.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Mark was a great official and it sounds like a helluva guy too

You always knew that you were going to get a great effort and well managed game that he was officiating. He will be missed

seeker
Waterboy

Post by seeker »

He was passionate about a game we love as well. I appreciated all he did to support and promote the game in SE Ohio. He will be missed on the sidelines. Best to his family for the loss.

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

Very sad to hear this. Mark was a class act and was ASA in the Army (just discovered that in the fall). RIP.

Return to “Soccer”