D3 Boys Tournament

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

D3 Boys Tournament

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Tournament time is almost upon us. What are your guys rankings for teams and who do you think will cause the most noise when sectionals start?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: D3 Boys Tournament

Post by GoAt 10 »

South point will be the team ranked outside the top 6-7 that pushes for a district title. The top of the SOC2 is the best in the district and would be shocked to see anyone but Wheelersburg, Minford, Northwest or Webster in the regional.

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

When do seedings and brackets come out?

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Should be Sunday afternoon.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I know this is a little far down the line, but the big news for D3 is the East District’s tournament dissolved. So, Hiland and Rosecrans will be participating in the Central District tournament. Central 1 and 2 brackets I suspect go to this area’s regional.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Just looked and central 1 plays central 2 in the regional semis too

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Big chance for SE winner…

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Brackets out..top 2 isn’t a surprise. North Adams at 6 is alittle too low considering they beat St Joe. Good matchups in sectionals though.

Beagle12
Waterboy

Post by Beagle12 »

Lynchburg Clay being seeded number eight is way too low for them. They have four losses on the year. They lost 5 to 3 first game of the year to Georgetown who was ranked in the top 15 of the state. They lost 1-0 to Worthington Christian, who is currently the fifth ranked team in the state. They lost 3 to 2 to wheelersburg. They also lost 2 to 0 to Unioto. They will not complain about this because they know you have to win in the tournament no matter who you play and to get to where they want to get they will have to be these teams anyway, but I think coaches should look at who you've played and how you've done against those teams instead of just voting upon your record when they do their voting for seeding

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Beagle12 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:02 am Lynchburg Clay being seeded number eight is way too low for them. They have four losses on the year. They lost 5 to 3 first game of the year to Georgetown who was ranked in the top 15 of the state. They lost 1-0 to Worthington Christian, who is currently the fifth ranked team in the state. They lost 3 to 2 to wheelersburg. They also lost 2 to 0 to Unioto. They will not complain about this because they know you have to win in the tournament no matter who you play and to get to where they want to get they will have to be these teams anyway, but I think coaches should look at who you've played and how you've done against those teams instead of just voting upon your record when they do their voting for seeding
I don’t think coaches even cared about records either. Lynchburg should not have been anything lower than a 5 with the non conference schedule they played. St Joe opponents winning percentage is at a whopping 37% or something this season(according to OSSCA). Take the two valley games away and it’s even worse.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Lynchburg Clay and South Webster's seeding are INSANE!!! This is purely speculation but I would say that some of the coaches who voted are clueless. If you don't take into consideration the strength of schedule and head to head matchups, this is the result you get. It needs to be better.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

SoccerGuy22 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:53 am
Beagle12 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:02 am Lynchburg Clay being seeded number eight is way too low for them. They have four losses on the year. They lost 5 to 3 first game of the year to Georgetown who was ranked in the top 15 of the state. They lost 1-0 to Worthington Christian, who is currently the fifth ranked team in the state. They lost 3 to 2 to wheelersburg. They also lost 2 to 0 to Unioto. They will not complain about this because they know you have to win in the tournament no matter who you play and to get to where they want to get they will have to be these teams anyway, but I think coaches should look at who you've played and how you've done against those teams instead of just voting upon your record when they do their voting for seeding
I don’t think coaches even cared about records either. Lynchburg should not have been anything lower than a 5 with the non conference schedule they played. St Joe opponents winning percentage is at a whopping 37% or something this season(according to OSSCA). Take the two valley games away and it’s even worse.

Soccer Guy, you obviously don't realize that they don't count the out of state teams in the strength of schedule. St Joe, played and beat Cabell-Midland, WV who is ranked 8 in AAA (largest school division) in WV. They played East Carter, KY who is playing for a regional championship in KY.

The other non-conference games were Greenfield McClain who they tied. They were up 2-0 when their best player and also one of the best players in the area, was made to leave the game because of possible concussion. They played Fairland and won 5-0. They played North Adams missing again their best player who was serving a red card suspension and also a starting mid-fielder and lost 1-0. They played Rock Hill and won 4-2. And they play Hillsboro on Wednesday.

Not to mention the following teams they scrimmaged and beat: South Point 6-1, Peebles 5-1, Eastern Brown 5-1, Jackson 6-4.

What is so weak about that schedule? Do you want post North Adams' out here? Maybe it is better but I don't think St. Joe had a weak schedule at all. They can't help the level of teams in their conference that they have to play twice a year.

Frankly, at full strength they are better than North Adams. South Webster and Lynchburg Clay especially are too low, but North Adams should not be higher than St. Joe.

St. Joe has lost 4 games this season by a total of 4 goals. Two to Valley who they might see again, one to East Carter, KY who, again is playing in a regional championship in KY, and one to North Adams that they would love to have the opportunity to play again at full strength.

People say this stuff every year about their strength of schedule but don't take the time to even look at who they played. St. Joe is the smallest school in Ohio with 25 boys and 19 girls in the high school. A lot of teams won't even schedule them because who wants to lose to a school that small. It is a shame you choose to disrespect these kids. Maybe in a couple weeks they will earn your respect. I hope so.

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

Anybody seeing any crazy upsets due to particular match up issues?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Panther,

You listed 4 scrimmages that St. Joe won. If that’s truly the case you my as well not show up and play in the tournament because you got beat 8-0 in a scrimmage at Shawnee state against Minford on August 6th… that’s 5 scrimmages which is illegal. Not to mention you got thumped 8-0 and your best player was on the field the entire game. Sorry, not sorry. You all should have been 8th or 9th seed and that’s the facts. The top 3 teams in SOC 2 crushed valley this year for a combined 10-0 score. It’s not even close to the same level my friend. That same valley team beat north adams 4-0, get them the heck outta the top 8 as well.

Glad that’s off my chest. Best of luck to my soc2 schools in the tournament.

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:41 pm Panther,

You listed 4 scrimmages that St. Joe won. If that’s truly the case you my as well not show up and play in the tournament because you got beat 8-0 in a scrimmage at Shawnee state against Minford on August 6th… that’s 5 scrimmages which is illegal. Not to mention you got thumped 8-0 and your best player was on the field the entire game. Sorry, not sorry. You all should have been 8th or 9th seed and that’s the facts. The top 3 teams in SOC 2 crushed valley this year for a combined 10-0 score. It’s not even close to the same level my friend. That same valley team beat north adams 4-0, get them the heck outta the top 8 as well.

I think he is talking about the Shawnee state shootout they do every July. I did not mean to downplay any team but in my opinion the SOC2 is the strongest boys conference(at least for primarily D3 conferences) in SE Ohio, followed by the SHAC then SOC1 and the OVC closely behind this season. This is just a general statement going off strength of teams in each conference. IMO teams like Eastern Brown, Fayetteville, and Fairfield easily beat NB, Clay, and Western 9/10 times. Ripley and West Union just never get many numbers in their programs due to a lack of community support honestly.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

GoAt 10 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:41 pm Panther,

Ouch! Thanks for reminding me about that Minford scrimmage (or whatever it should be called)! LOL. No doubt the top 4 schools in SOC 2 are very very good. We all have our own opinions about the bracket seeding. I do think Lynchburg Clay and South Webster were voted lower than they should have been in my opinion. There are a lot of pretty even teams in this bracket from the 4 through 12 seeds. I'm excited for the tournament. There should be a lot of good games. Good luck to all the teams in the tournament! Hopefully the weather is good and nobody suffers an injury.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall 2, Eastern Brown 1

Westfall wins their first ever home tournament game. Also, with their 8th win, they have set a new program high for wins in a season.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

10/18
Belpre 6 New Boston Glenwood 3

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

What happened in the New Boston vs Belpre game? Hearing all kinds of craziness.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Soccer wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:10 am What happened in the New Boston vs Belpre game? Hearing all kinds of craziness.
I don't know the details, but I have been told there was a fight involving multiple players from both teams.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Soccer”