D3 Boys Tournament

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: D3 Boys Tournament

Post by 4thgoal »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:11 am
Soccer wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:10 am What happened in the New Boston vs Belpre game? Hearing all kinds of craziness.
I don't know the details, but I have been told there was a fight involving multiple players from both teams.
I saw on Twitter there were 2 red cards for NB and 1 for Belpre and all the spectators were removed.

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

Not a great look for southern Ohio soccer

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Not all of southern Ohio acts like that.

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

Agree, but to a team outside of the area like Belpre, it'll sure leave a sour taste coming to scioto county

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Was New Boston the aggressor? I wasn't there, so I don't know. I see they had 2 of the red cards, but someone at the game would have to tell us if it was New Boston acting up or if it was Belpre. But I agree, not a good look.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Didn’t a New Boston player get into a fight during a preseason scrimmage this year and the referees called the match early. I wonder if the same kid received one of the red cards last night.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Would anyone be surprised if so?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

A red card for fighting now carries a 4 game suspension during the season. How much of that will be carried over to basketball or any other sport the card recipients happen to play? I am not sure how that works

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Not sure if it’s true or not but I remember hearing a NB player got a red against Clay in their second league meeting of the season. Seems to be a trend almost. Like I said. Only rumors because I was not at that particular game.

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

SoccerGuy22 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:10 pm Not sure if it’s true or not but I remember hearing a NB player got a red against Clay in their second league meeting of the season. Seems to be a trend almost. Like I said. Only rumors because I was not at that particular game.
I was at that match and yes a player from each school received a red card for fighting with around 2 minutes left in the match.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:58 pm A red card for fighting now carries a 4 game suspension during the season. How much of that will be carried over to basketball or any other sport the card recipients happen to play? I am not sure how that works
I could have sworn it did carry over. However, I just found the rules online and unless I'm overlooking something --- it looks like the individual will not be suspended from the next upcoming sport.

If that truly is the rule then I whole-heartedly disagree with it. It basically tells students "if you lose your tournament game, act a fool and fight, because no punishment will be given since the season is over."

Hopefully I'm overlooking a key component and punishments will be handed down. I will say, the Superintendent at New Boston isn't known for being a slouch. I respect her. If there's a punishment that can be handed out, she will hand it out. She is definitely not a push over.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I was thinking it carried over as well, but maybe it doesn't. But i'm with you, i thought it did too.

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

I was at the game the other night and the officials lost control of the game let both sides talk back and forth to each other the whole game . The incident took place at the 32:28 mark of the second half and it did get crazy fans should have not came out of the stands that is for sure. I agree with all the red cards except one the kid that received one was on the bottom of the pile had nothing to do with except standing near the spot where punches started and the official when asked about it said he may have got the numbers mixed up but had to stay with his call. Unfortunately there is probably nothing that can be done about it but the official dropped the ball on this one and got the wrong kid. But it was not a good night for our community that is for sure we have to do better as adults and stop letting our emotions get the best of us and let the officials do their job.
Last edited by Coach93 on Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

If there is video evidence of this it can be submitted to the state and the officials can make an adjustment to the ruling. As far as the rules for suspension, this gets tricky. In the past it would carry over to other sports. However, now it states that the suspension is sport specific so... I don't know what will happen here.

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Any predictions for the games tonight? Or any upsets that could potentially happen?

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

South Point at South Webster is an interesting match-up. I'm not sure what to think it. South Point gets beat at Minford then ties burg.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Read in the paper that a different goalie had the shutout for Webster the other night. Did Lower get the night off or is he still playing keeper?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

transplant wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:28 pm Read in the paper that a different goalie had the shutout for Webster the other night. Did Lower get the night off or is he still playing keeper?
Must have been just a night off or second half substitution. He’s still their keeper

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

South Webster 2, South Point 0
North Adams 3, Rock Hill 1

Both finals.