D2 Boys Tournament

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: D2 Boys Tournament

Post by GoAt 10 »

Unlike football threads, I feel MOST, not all, soccer posters come from past/present coaches, officials, and true soccer fans.

Not many people will disagree that Coach Diki is an embarrassment to the school district, the boys soccer program and the SE district. I’m sure he is a good soccer coach and knowledgeable but his actions are consistently poor. Athens has been a strong soccer program since before and I’m sure they would continue after if a coaching change was made.

Best of Luck to coach Camden and his GA blue devils in the regionals. Make SE district proud.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

GoAt 10 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:38 am Unlike football threads, I feel MOST, not all, soccer posters come from past/present coaches, officials, and true soccer fans.

Not many people will disagree that Coach Diki is an embarrassment to the school district, the boys soccer program and the SE district. I’m sure he is a good soccer coach and knowledgeable but his actions are consistently poor. Athens has been a strong soccer program since before and I’m sure they would continue after if a coaching change was made.

Best of Luck to coach Camden and his GA blue devils in the regionals. Make SE district proud.
Gallia has always been a class act, even when they were losing. It would be great if they went to the Championship games.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If Gallia can beat Bexley, which is a huge task, they’ll be a big favorite to win on Saturday against the East

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:07 pm If Gallia can beat Bexley, which is a huge task, they’ll be a big favorite to win on Saturday against the East
True. It isn't impossible. Bexley is a public High School, unlike St. Francis de Sales in Columbus, which is able to draw on a much larger pool of players. If Gallia wins, it would be amazing.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

AthensSoccerFan wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:18 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:07 pm If Gallia can beat Bexley, which is a huge task, they’ll be a big favorite to win on Saturday against the East
True. It isn't impossible. Bexley is a public High School, unlike St. Francis de Sales in Columbus, which is able to draw on a much larger pool of players. If Gallia wins, it would be amazing.
Yep. Gallia has a nice team whose attack isn’t one dimensional, which will give them a chance. A nice defense as well.

Good luck to the Blue Devils tonight

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Gallia Academy v Bexley will be on NFHS Network ($) for anyone interested. (Nov 2 @6:30p)

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/loga ... 5b8cd97cab

Bexley still leads 1-0 with 25min left in the 2nd half

1-0 Bexley == 14min remaining in regulation

Bexley over Gallia 1-0 Final.

Post by BlizzardMan »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:14 pm Bexley over Gallia 1-0 Final.
What a great game and a great effort from the Blue Devils! Simply, the better team won. Bexley was just better in all facets. They didn't make mistakes. Congrats to the Lions. And congrats to our Blue Devils on a fantastic season!

Return to “Soccer”