D2 Boys Tournament

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

D2 Boys Tournament

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Tournament time is almost upon us. What are your guys rankings for teams and who do you think will cause the most noise when sectionals start?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: D2 Boys Tournament

Post by GoAt 10 »

I think Gallia, Athens and Unioto are all capable of winning the district. Will be some really good games to see who comes out.

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

Hillsboro beats Jackson, better record, second alone in the FAC gets 9 seed and Jackson 8…makes total sense they should travel there

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Sadly, coaches don’t vote fairly. It’s hard to hold anyone accountable these days with everything being online. Hillsboro should definitely bring it up during the district meeting.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

borodad wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 pm Hillsboro beats Jackson, better record, second alone in the FAC gets 9 seed and Jackson 8…makes total sense they should travel there
Yeah….basically same record and Hillsboro with the head to head and league finish. Seeds should be reversed.

Did you guys tie once and Hillsboro win one? What was the outcome at Jackson?

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:34 pm
borodad wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 pm Hillsboro beats Jackson, better record, second alone in the FAC gets 9 seed and Jackson 8…makes total sense they should travel there
Yeah….basically same record and Hillsboro with the head to head and league finish. Seeds should be reversed.

2-2 @ Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

borodad wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:10 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:34 pm

2-2 @ Jackson
What was score at Boro? Turf favor Jackson more than the grass? I don’t know how much it matters but guessing a little.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

All the higher seeded teams win. The only 2 competitive games were the 8/9 and 7/10

Should have some good finals on Wednesday though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Seemed like Jackson had possession on Hillsboro’s end of the field for 80% of the first half

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sectional Finals

8 Jackson (6-9-3) at 1 Athens (13-1-3)
5 Fairfield Union (10-5-3) at 4 Marietta (12-2-3)
6 Alexander (8-5-3) at 3 Unioto (16-1)
7 Zane Trace (14-4) at 2 Gallia Academy (15-1-2)

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Marietta 4, Fairfield Union 0 at half

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 3, Alexander 0

Gallia Academy 2, Zane Trace 0

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Marietta 5, Fairfield Union 0

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Athens 1, Jackson 0

southeohsports
Waterboy

Post by southeohsports »

Marietta has a pretty good shot to upset Athens in my opinion. Gallia and Unioto will be a good game. Whoever wins the Gallia and Unioto game should be the winner of the district

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Athens beat Marietta at the beginning of the season, 2-1. The Tigers have posted 4 straight shutouts and have a better defense, so they’ll definitely have a good shot to win.

Gallia and Unioto appear to be similar teams, multiple weapons, but one really stands out for both. Plus, good defenses. Unioto has given up a number of PK’s late in the year, so that may be something to keep an eye on as well.

southeohsports
Waterboy

Post by southeohsports »

Unioto has the best player coming into districts as the Haynes kid has over 100 goals as a Junior. But to me it all comes down to defenses. Marietta has the best defense coming into the Districts in my opinion but sometimes lose the ball in the back in danger zones but are pretty good at defending. Unioto has the Thompson kid as probably the best defender in the district so you have trust in the back with him. Gallia has a solid defense with a pretty good fast centerback but cannot possess the ball. Athens has the weakest defense in my opinion with no standouts but they can possess the ball the best. I think the district is Uniotos to lose as they have the best attack and strong defense.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

It's tournament time and anything can happen. Athens beat Marietta, Unioto and Gallia in the regular season, with that weakest defense giving up exactly one goal to each of them. Again, it's tournament time so this doesn't mean anything. Four very, very solid teams left and each with an even chance to win the district. Just unfortunate that the southeast only gets one team to regionals this year, with east getting 2 (they both have 17 teams). Would love to have a repeat of the Athens/Unioto regional final from last year. Good luck and good health to all 4 teams.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

southeohsports wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:55 pm Unioto has the best player coming into districts as the Haynes kid has over 100 goals as a Junior. But to me it all comes down to defenses. Marietta has the best defense coming into the Districts in my opinion but sometimes lose the ball in the back in danger zones but are pretty good at defending. Unioto has the Thompson kid as probably the best defender in the district so you have trust in the back with him. Gallia has a solid defense with a pretty good fast centerback but cannot possess the ball. Athens has the weakest defense in my opinion with no standouts but they can possess the ball the best. I think the district is Uniotos to lose as they have the best attack and strong defense.
I beg to differ. 100 goals is awesome but there certainly is much more to soccer. If you have seen Keagen Daniels of Gallia play, you'd be hard pressed to say any other kid in the district can do what he can. He's incredible!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

southeohsports wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:37 am Marietta has a pretty good shot to upset Athens in my opinion. Gallia and Unioto will be a good game. Whoever wins the Gallia and Unioto game should be the winner of the district
Marietta is fire right now. I think they have a date with destiny and make it to the finals.

Return to “Soccer”