D2 Boys Tournament

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: D2 Boys Tournament

Post by danicalifornia »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:16 am
southeohsports wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:55 pm Unioto has the best player coming into districts as the Haynes kid has over 100 goals as a Junior. But to me it all comes down to defenses. Marietta has the best defense coming into the Districts in my opinion but sometimes lose the ball in the back in danger zones but are pretty good at defending. Unioto has the Thompson kid as probably the best defender in the district so you have trust in the back with him. Gallia has a solid defense with a pretty good fast centerback but cannot possess the ball. Athens has the weakest defense in my opinion with no standouts but they can possess the ball the best. I think the district is Uniotos to lose as they have the best attack and strong defense.
I beg to differ. 100 goals is awesome but there certainly is much more to soccer. If you have seen Keagen Daniels of Gallia play, you'd be hard pressed to say any other kid in the district can do what he can. He's incredible!
Have you seen Hanes play? Yeah, he’s over 100 career goals, but is also Unioto’s All-Time Assist leader too, which is passing a guy who started at a D1 for 4 years. So, he’s a pretty solid all around player too.

Keagan is outstanding too, but to assume he’s a better player because he’s a midfielder and not a forward is crazy.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:24 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:16 am
southeohsports wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:55 pm Unioto has the best player coming into districts as the Haynes kid has over 100 goals as a Junior. But to me it all comes down to defenses. Marietta has the best defense coming into the Districts in my opinion but sometimes lose the ball in the back in danger zones but are pretty good at defending. Unioto has the Thompson kid as probably the best defender in the district so you have trust in the back with him. Gallia has a solid defense with a pretty good fast centerback but cannot possess the ball. Athens has the weakest defense in my opinion with no standouts but they can possess the ball the best. I think the district is Uniotos to lose as they have the best attack and strong defense.
I beg to differ. 100 goals is awesome but there certainly is much more to soccer. If you have seen Keagen Daniels of Gallia play, you'd be hard pressed to say any other kid in the district can do what he can. He's incredible!
Have you seen Hanes play? Yeah, he’s over 100 career goals, but is also Unioto’s All-Time Assist leader too, which is passing a guy who started at a D1 for 4 years. So, he’s a pretty solid all around player too.

Keagan is outstanding too, but to assume he’s a better player because he’s a midfielder and not a forward is crazy.
I'm sure they both have very bright futures. I have seen both play. I think each of them have strengths the other doesn't have. I guess my point was its hard to really just anoint him the best player in the district, especially because they play different positions on teams with different attacks.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Athens and their weakest defense beat Marietta and their best defense 4-2. Controlled the game throughout. Go Bulldogs

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:57 pm Athens and their weakest defense beat Marietta and their best defense 4-2. Controlled the game throughout. Go Bulldogs
Is this a result post? What’s happening…

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

Does anyone know the results of the Unioto vs. Gallia game? Athens versus Marietta is already posted on the OHSAA tournament bracket and it was Athens 4 Marietta 2.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Yes, it's a result. Just poking at a certain poster or two.

Athens 4
Marietta 2

Gallia 3
Unioto 2
2OT

Athens/Gallia in the District Final

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Gotcha! Congrats to Athens & Gallia!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Top 2 seeds advance, well done by both teams

Saturday should be a dogfight

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

6-4-3=2o wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:51 pm Yes, it's a result. Just poking at a certain poster or two.

Athens 4
Marietta 2

Gallia 3
Unioto 2
2OT

Thank you. Should be a very competitive match. I am disappointed that the brackets have changed back to what it was in previous years and the winner of the district will likely face Bexley. The past two contests, won by Alexander and Unioto, were true regional matches. The current contest is not. Good luck to the district winner, and fingers crossed that they beat Bexley.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

AthensSoccerFan wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:24 pm
6-4-3=2o wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:51 pm Yes, it's a result. Just poking at a certain poster or two.

Athens 4
Marietta 2

Gallia 3
Unioto 2
2OT

Thank you. Should be a very competitive match. I am disappointed that the brackets have changed back to what it was in previous years and the winner of the district will likely face Bexley. The past two contests, won by Alexander and Unioto, were true regional matches. The current contest is not. Good luck to the district winner, and fingers crossed that they beat Bexley.

Can you explain to me how this is not a true district bracket? It’s all about number Of teams and a a blind draw. Want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

I didn't say it wasn't a true district bracket. I said it was more difficult regional bracket.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Seriously, Barlow. He made no mention of anything of the sort that it wasn't a true district bracket. Quit making crap up then try to call people out on it. :roll:

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I second that “raise the Bar-low”. Enough of your shenanigans.

1coldplayer
Waterboy

Post by 1coldplayer »

Gallia up 2-0

Athens playing with 10

1coldplayer
Waterboy

Post by 1coldplayer »

32 min left

1coldplayer
Waterboy

Post by 1coldplayer »

Gallia 5
Athens 0

Final

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

1coldplayer wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:58 pm Gallia 5
Athens 0

Final
Sheeeeeeesh

Congrats to Gallia!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 pm
Athens 0

Final
Sheeeeeeesh

Congrats to Gallia!
Athens was in the game and completely self-destructed. Coach reflects very poor behavior and his players showed it as well.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:07 pm
Athens 0

Final
Sheeeeeeesh

Congrats to Gallia!
Athens was in the game and completely self-destructed. Coach reflects very poor behavior and his players showed it as well.
Not surprised by this result. Gallia is an unbelievable team. Well done! As far as Athens goes… they threw class/respect out the window years ago IMO

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

jazzfingers888 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:47 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Sheeeeeeesh

Congrats to Gallia!
Not surprised by this result. Gallia is an unbelievable team. Well done! As far as Athens goes… they threw class/respect out the window years ago IMO
I do think Gallia is the better team, but if these teams played 10 times, they may very well split 5-5. This blowout however was due to a complete lack of discipline, initiated by a coach who is constantly looking to bend rules and influence calls in his favor. Coach Diki has been an embarrassment on the two occasions I have seen him coach this season. I wouldn't want him representing my program if I were them. This program can win without him.

Anyway, it was a great District tournament and although Gallia was rolling yesterday, it's a shame the number 1 seed essentially self-destructed themselves out of even habing a chance. Keagen Daniels also proved in this tournament he is the BEST player in the District. Maddux Camden proved he is the MOST VALUABLE player in the disrtrict. Now on to Bexley at Logan on Wednesday!

Return to “Soccer”