JV Team

Re: Belpre Soccer

Post by meatswinger »

Wow what a thing to say on your way out the door

SoccerDad
Waterboy

Post by SoccerDad »

Is this program remaining co-ed for the foreseeable future? It's hard to believe they don't have enough interest for two teams, considering Belpre is home to the largest youth rec league in the area

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I can see the very small schools like New Boston or Clay being coed, but there is no reason for it anywhere else. Even Valley and South Webster SHOULD have girls teams, but nobody is making a push for it. Probably the same thing at Belpre.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:48 pm I can see the very small schools like New Boston or Clay being coed, but there is no reason for it anywhere else. Even Valley and South Webster SHOULD have girls teams, but nobody is making a push for it. Probably the same thing at Belpre.
They should be all girls teams at those schools that have football including Belpre. Might have a better chance at fielding good football teams that way. The other option is to move soccer to the spring. Also the football coach should be able to pick any soccer player to be a kicker for the football team. Yeah I said it. I know I'm an old goat but I say whatever I want and don't care what anyones feelings feel like.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
SoccerDad
Waterboy

Post by SoccerDad »

Old Shorts wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:01 pm
4thgoal wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:48 pm I can see the very small schools like New Boston or Clay being coed, but there is no reason for it anywhere else. Even Valley and South Webster SHOULD have girls teams, but nobody is making a push for it. Probably the same thing at Belpre.
They should be all girls teams at those schools that have football including Belpre. Might have a better chance at fielding good football teams that way. The other option is to move soccer to the spring.
High School Soccer is played in the Spring in part of the country. I prefer it in the fall so it doesn't compete with Track and Field, which from my experience has more overlapping athletes with soccer than Football+Volleyball do. It's also tough to have healthy grass fields if they get heavy use in the Spring.

Return to “Soccer”