Shawnee State

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Shawnee State

Post by usmcengineer »

Shawnee State has changed from the Mid-South Conference to the River State Conference. Should make for some good games.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Re: Shawnee State

Post by OSH »

About time. The RSC (formerly KIAC) always made more sense anyway.

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

O yea I agree 100% They would have to travel all the way to the GA for a game. Not to mention the 5 or 6 national rank teams they had to play against too.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

I'm sure they miss the AMC. While they weren't competitive in it in soccer, the travel and locality of it made decent sense. The history and the membership of the AMC was wild and rather nice, at the same time. Once it folded, the RSC/KIAC was always a better fit, even just competitively.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Logistically the River States Conference makes the most sense for Shawnee. While the competition in the Mid South was challenging and good for teams who wanted to compete at the top, it hurt having Rio leave as now most, if not all of your travel is a haul.

The AMC was a great Conference and sad that it dissolved, but I think Shawnee will do well in the RSC in all athletic competition. Obviously in soccer, Rio and Tech on the Men's side will be tough to over throw. Shawnee will add more diversity in the women's side as IU East, Point Park, Kokomo & Rio have all been tough teams to beat.

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

ndc soccer wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:01 am Logistically the River States Conference makes the most sense for Shawnee. While the competition in the Mid South was challenging and good for teams who wanted to compete at the top, it hurt having Rio leave as now most, if not all of your travel is a haul.

Yes makes a lot more sense for SSU to be in the River States. The competition was great in Mid South but sucks always losing to them. SSU womans team went 10-8-1 last season and if I remember correctly the loses were to all Mid South teams.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Sounds like to me they should have upgraded the out of conference schedule as it didn't prepare them for a tough conference.

3 of the 7 games were challenging..
8-0
9-1
1-0
7-0
1-1
2-1
10-1

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

ndc soccer wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:16 am Sounds like to me they should have upgraded the out of conference schedule as it didn't prepare them for a tough conference.

3 of the 7 games were challenging..
8-0
9-1
1-0
7-0
1-1
2-1
10-1
Or, get the wins when you can, because you know the conference is too challenging to get the wins right away? Or, possibly the opponents made sense since the budget probably only permits so much travel. Even if they wanted to host opponents, the stronger opponents will look to schedule stronger non-conference away as well. There's a whole load of possibilities on it.

Some of those wins were against future RSC opponents too.

Return to “Soccer”