MARIETTA VARSITY VOLLEYBALL COACH RESIGNS AT SEASON END

Stopsign
Waterboy

MARIETTA VARSITY VOLLEYBALL COACH RESIGNS AT SEASON END

Post by Stopsign »

Sorry to hear that Coach Kidder resigned as head varsity volleyball at Marietta High. I understand that he was so disappointed after the lost to Warren Saturday. There is so much pressure to win at the varisty level that fans do not understand how it feels to lose against a team you coached for many years. It has been mentioned that he may return to Warren and coach Freshman team next year. We would welcome Coach Kidder a spot in the program if he pleases to come back. We really love him very much and our arms are wide open for his return. :(

OUBobcat
Riding the Bench

Re: MARIETTA VARSITY VOLLEYBALL COACH RESIGNS AT SEASON END

Post by OUBobcat »

i hope that is not true...kidder resigning...from everything i have heard he has been good for marietta...

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

Hey stopsign...I so appreciate all the love you have for Coach Kidder and your generous offer to take him back...so it pains me to inform you that his resignation letter was given to the AD and administration on 10/12, effective after the last game of the season. I honestly think he'll be okay after that loss to Warren (lol). It happens...he knows it, he's been doing this for a long time...that's why we play the games. Just wish you could be as classy as he has been!

I also might mention that his team beat that same team he coached for many years not once, but twice this year...and the funny thing is...there wasn't a single post on the Warren thread either time from Warriiorfan, Cap n Scoop, warrior2012, WHSwarrior, etc. No one even acknowledged it until they finally beat the Tigers a few weeks ago. NOW, we wanna be cocky!! Imagine that?!

Now, that being said...I would like to wish Warren GOOD LUCK tonight in the District Semis. There's a freight train getting ready to roll into Southeastern HS tonight and the conductor is one Paige Penrod. I am hoping Warren can be the team to at least slow her down &
de-rail the train!!

(OU...thanks for the comment...you're right...he has been very good for Marietta! I think he leaves the program in great shape!!) :)

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

Heard Marietta forced his resignation. Anybody else hear this? You know how those Marietta parents are.

Stopsign
Waterboy

Post by Stopsign »

Hey backinblack, I understand you frustration that you have lost someone that has ties to Warren. I really having a tough time with people that don't realize what a coach does. Now let's talk about what needs to happen and not. All that I was offering coach Kiddder was a chance to help in a program that wins the game that's counts (Marietta). If it was Athens, Gallia, Belpre or Morgan it doesn't matter as much just Marietta. Why? You know why. :lol: :lol:

Stopsign
Waterboy

Post by Stopsign »

Tigerland, I didn't want to get into what or what not had happened. But I did hear that coach Kidder was talked to about putting one player agianst the other. Remember all school district coaches evaluation are taxpayers business. You can go and ask to look at any teacher, coach or adminstrators evaluation. If they refuse then all you have to call the State Attorney General office and file a formal complaint. Usually the school district has no problem with your request. You can go to the High School office at Warren and ask to see Mr. Pifer and ask to see Mr. Kidder evaluations while he coached at Warren. The school district has nothing to hide from their taxpayers. :12223 :-D

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

How many league titles did coach kidder win while he was head coach at Warren? Life as a head coach, you can't please everyone.As a long time Tiger sports fan,we could not compete in volleyball untill Coach Kidder took over our program.All high school coaches know to be successful you must have athletes.You try to lead them the best you can.The Warren girls deserve a big congratulations! They got better and peaked at the right time.Don't take anything away from our lady tigers,they were the North champions and had a great season.Lets stop the negative assault on Coach K.The guy knows the game. Hey it's hoop season. Good luck to all.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

sounds like ol stopsign has some serious case of Kidder envy.

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

Bitterness and jealousy makes people do and say crazy things, but there really is something that can help with that...it's called THERAPY!!! Stopsign's sole reason for posting is to bash Coach Kidder in some way, which, hey...if that's what floats your boat...then so be it. But the funny thing is...every time you sit down at your keyboard, you embarrass yourself & your program.

My question is...why would anyone want to see the evaluations? :roll: That's comical!!! Nobody really cares, but I'm sure if you contacted Pifer (aka "CHIEF!!") you'd find him more than willing to comply. What's an AD gonna say negatively about a coach who guided his teams to 8 league championships in 11 years??? I'm also quite sure Marietta's AD would help out, too. lol

Tigerland...feel free to enlighten us with any other things you might "hear" along the way. It provides us with some much needed humor!!! :lol:

TigerPaw22...thank you for the nice comments!!

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

My kids have played for Coach K. As a parent I can tell you he took a real interest in making them better volleyball players. My daughter was a member of some of those championship teams at Warren in fact they never lost an SEOAL game during her three varsity years.

I can't understand why anyone at Warren wants to bash him or the program he had at Warren or the program he has helped bring to Marietta unless you are one of those people who were mad that he left while your daughter played or never got to play for him. Can you tell how the volleyball program was at Warren before coach K got there?

He has left the program at Marietta in good shape, they were North Champions and return alot of players with some nice young talent comnig up. I am one that thinks if things work out for him you could see him on the sideline again real soon.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

All I can say is WOW!!! I am sorry to hear this. Kidder is one of the best. I bet it won't be long and he will be at the on to his next mission. What a great guy and a great family.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

Yes, kidder was a great coach at warren.
But, despite what so many people thought, We
did not fall when he left, yes he tought most of the
girls, but he left them. Coach fisher did an amazing job
taking over and what can i say, you cant stop a winning
team. Now mariietta people, take a chill pill. you'll find
a nother coach, like warren proves coach k isnt the whole
volleyball program.

nice job to the lady warriors.
they deffintley deserve this.

Stopsign
Waterboy

Post by Stopsign »

I'm not bashing coach Kidder or Marietta program. I really don't care how many championship a person wins as long as 'no head games are played" buy coaches. My daughter would never play for any coach that puts one athletic against another. See some parents live their dreams through their children, I don't. I live my dreams when I see our student athletics have fun on the court/field and are smiling when leaving the playing area. Some of you folks have no clue when it comes to a "excellent program". If Warren or any other team wins another game, the most important thing is they are having fun.

ENOUGH SAID. :lol: :lol:

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Sorry to hear that Kidder's leaving...He did a lot for Marietta's program, and it's better for Warren to have good competition from the Tigers, it prepares us well for tournament play and creates a great atmosphere for games.

Coach Kidder really is a nice guy, certainly a great strategist, hope he finds success in his future endeavors.

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

:-D

blueonefan
Waterboy

Post by blueonefan »

stopsign i do agree with you that he does play mind game with the girls, and i don't think that warren would not welcome a trader back with open arms.
i think his next endeavor he should do well at scrubbing toliets for mhs

OUBobcat
Riding the Bench

Post by OUBobcat »

if there is an coaching opening and the school wants to improve their volleyball team...i would definitely give coach kidder an opportunity...

roundhouse
Waterboy

Post by roundhouse »

I really wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't right back at Marietta next year. I mean he still has 3 of his 5 six footers coming back plus the freshman setter. I don't think they would run off someone who has turned the program around like he has but man it seems strange to leave that talent now. Next year I wouldn't have been suprised because those girls are graduating, but stranger things have happened. I have heard Marietta is a tough place to coach and I have heard that they have run off successful bball coaches before. I'm not trying to stir anything up it just seems strange. Like OU said, if someone is looking to turn their program aroung I'm sure they will give him a call.....I would.

P.S. If the AD or whoever ran off this coach what does that say about Marietta.

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Sometimes you need to play the wait and see game and see how things play out.Maybe Coach K has an issue that has nothing to do with coaching that he is working on.Not all coaches are so-called run out of their position.Who knows?Lots of tiger talent coming back next year. Three big time hitters,a solid soph. libero and some solid sophs and frosh.IMO When its all said and done Coach K will be back on the sideline.I may be off track on this one, but my opinion.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Coach Kidder wasn't run off by parents or administration. There was another factor involved in his resignation...and depending on how things go for him over the next few months, it's not impossible to say he could return to Marietta if the job were to still be open.

Best of luck.

Return to “Volleyball”