ALEXANDER VOLLEYBALL

vballguy12
Waterboy

ALEXANDER VOLLEYBALL

Post by vballguy12 »

They are doing pretty good this year... Have beat a couple good teams.. Thoughts? (Lets keep this possitive there is no need to put down 15-17 year old girls) In my opinion i believe they'll get far in the tournament run!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ALEXANDER VOLLEYBALL

Post by Ironman92 »

They are impressive girls! Just seemed to never be out of position and they don't let up. Great defense....another nice tourney run I'll assume.

vballguy12
Waterboy

Post by vballguy12 »

113 views yet only two people have something to say?!?!? Come on Alexander is one of the best teams in the state! Lets give them some support people! I keep hearing about all of these other schools but we know Alexander is a power house around here! I wanna hear some talk come on lets go...

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

okay, I'll bite. I have only seen them play once and that was against Athens. I was very impressed. However, not knowing much about volleyball I have a question for those of you that do. Alexander is not very tall, do you have to have tall girls to be a great volleyball team? If so then I think that is a concern for them but they seem to play good defense.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Being tall comes in handy, with blocks and getting above the net, but if you have a good defense, you can make hay without, just like the Spartans have done this season. Julie Els is getting at least 10 kills a game and she is only around 5'6'' or 5'8''.

Just like in basketball, you don't need tall people. Sure it comes in handy, but if you play defense and box out, you can eliminate that factor.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Without a doubt, Alexander is one of the best, if not the best, southeastern Ohio volleyball squad. They as disciplined and fundamentally sound. We all know defense wins games. Not only do they possess the above qualities, they also are unified in their goals and work ethic which is evident everytime you see them take the court. I think the only time they will struggle is when they meet up with a team that is also fundamentally sound, amazing at defense and "tall". Then and only then, do I see them as the underdog.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Els girl hits as good as anyone and is one of the most impressive jumpers I've seen in a long time.....mixed with the quickness of an extremely athletic 5'3 girl.

Pirate4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Pirate4Life »

What teams are playing on 10/9 at Alexander? I have seen a couple of different schedules with multiple different teams.

vballguy12
Waterboy

Post by vballguy12 »

Today Alexander beat Bishop Ready which ranked 8th in the state currently... They played probabally the best ball i have seen out of them thus far! Congrats...

fballfan08
Waterboy

Post by fballfan08 »

Seems to me like they are going to be quite the team come tournament time. Another championship perhaps? Now not to get carried away, but a defensively sound team always does well. Defense wins championships. Experience does hurt either. The Els girl is by far one of the best athletes around. This group of girls seem to know what they are doing. And I wish them the best of luck! Bring more respect to southern ohio volleyball like you've been doing for the past couple of years. Go Spartans.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Beat Athens tonight in 4 sets 23-25, 25-20, 25-18, 28-26.

Unofficially Julie Els had 18 kills and Amber McLaughlin had 16. Kayla Radekin dished out 34 assists.

Now stand at 13-0!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Great team. Great defense and passing. STupid chant from students "Where's your pressbox?" Classless , but not surprising.

eddienbuddy
Waterboy

Post by eddienbuddy »

those stats are so overblown and inaccurate. It simply amazes me and I dont see the purpose behind it.yes, they are good. but come on now.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

I was at the game, recorded kill for kill. They are not overblown and accurate within a kill or two

eddienbuddy
Waterboy

Post by eddienbuddy »

so was I. and and just because the ball was hit or tipped that many times, unless it scores a point it does not count and those two did not have a combined total of 34 points from kills.

vballguy12
Waterboy

Post by vballguy12 »

eddienbuddy- Chill.. Julie had 16 Kills Amber had 12 or 13 Kayla Radekin had 30 Assists... Way to go spartans keep it up!

eddienbuddy
Waterboy

Post by eddienbuddy »

oh i am chill. i'm not here to argue. well aware of the way things go in this area and the politics of it all. i've been around a long time.I actually have alot of issues with the coaching staff at athens high school too.He has a team of very talented girls also.He seems to have no faith in his team therefore, the girls feed off his lack of faith and enthusiam and the team suffers.He plays girls, especially in the back row that do not belong there but for some reason feel a personal obligation to have them there regardless of mistake after mistake after mistake.Had it not been for the repetitive mistakes/errors in the back row, athens may have very well had that game.Alex just has solid back row defense.athens is strong up front.very weak in the back and that hurts them.but the athens coach lacks insight , love for his team and the game and it is just is heartbreaking to watch.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

eddienbuddy, you have alot of issues with the coaching staff at Athens too. So whats you issue with Alexander? If you want to bash your Bulldog program, have at it, but leave the Spartans out of it. All the girls get along and we don't need people like you trying to change that. The last time I checked, coaching contracts are signed for one year. Maybe you should make a difference and apply next year.

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

I don't know eddienbuddy, I believe Alex handled Athens up front and back row. For a team with such a lack of height as Alexander, Athens should have totally dominated up front but from my seat I did not see that happening. It was a great night of volleyball. Maybe it's true, heart and determination sometimes trumps athletic ability.
Last edited by interception on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Alexander is the real deal. They always are. It's gonna be tough for anyone in SE Ohio to knock them off, let alone in the TVC-Ohio. I'll be pulling for the Buckeyes to accomplish this task tomorrow night. It'll be an uphill battle, that's for sure, but I'm hoping for a competitive game. (And I'll be rooting the Spartans on from there on out H&T lol)

Return to “Volleyball”