SVC...2012 who wins it?

Main Man
Freshman Team

SVC...2012 who wins it?

Post by Main Man »

What's it look like for the SVC in 2012?

2EZ
Waterboy

Re: SVC...2012 who wins it?

Post by 2EZ »

Please list the teams...

Thanks!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

In no order

Adena
Huntington
Westfall
Zane Trace
Unioto
SouthEastern
Piketon
Paint Valley

Jerry Newman
Waterboy

Post by Jerry Newman »

I predict Adena.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Interesting question sent to SVCsportszone.com on 2012 league...http://www.svcsportszone.com/volleyballinbox.html

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

Wow, that is a great article and very informative. The author (whoever it is), is very knwledgable about local volleyball.

I have to agree that it will be Adena's to lose. With a program like theirs, they will reload and be good even in "down" years (not to say this will be a "down" year for them). Adena, Huntington, then Unioto/Westfall...

Let's see how it turns out! Season is right around the corner.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Five returning letterman for Adena will NOT be back. Didn't see that mentioned in the piece. My bet is the league is wide open again, with ZT as a solid dark horse. Huntington and Adena are my picks, though.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

miggyt wrote:Five returning letterman for Adena will NOT be back. Didn't see that mentioned in the piece. My bet is the league is wide open again, with ZT as a solid dark horse. Huntington and Adena are my picks, though.
What do you mean by "Five returning lettermen will not be back.". Are there 5 girls still eligable to play that are not returning and if so were any of them starters?

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

Five returning varsity players, which all saw significant playing time decided they didn't want to play volleyball anymore.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

DadPaul08 wrote:Five returning varsity players, which all saw significant playing time decided they didn't want to play volleyball anymore.
Now that's hard to recover from. It's one thing to lose your leaders to graduation but to lose five additional quality players, ouch. Not to mention those five were being groomed to lead the team and now they will enter the season with a really green group! Good luck Adena!

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

Four seniors and a sophomore. One of the seniors has been playing varsity since she was a frosh. The other was one of their top backrow players from last year, while two other seniors equally split time on the front row. The sophomore was a backrow player last year, that played 3/4ths of the season as varsity. Must have been bored with winning all the time?

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Adena should win the conference, but they will be well challenged by Huntington, Westfall, Zane Trace and Unioto.

Southeastern, Piketon and Paint Valley are in no contention for the title this season.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Did the Adena situation get any better yet? Did anymore kids come out or leave? They've been a great SVC school that has given the conference a good name. I hate to see them struggle like this with players.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Ok here is my official pre-season list

1-Westfall. Cob will lead the way to an out right title for the Mustangs.

2- Huntington. Kellough will push for player of the year honors. Lytle will earn top defensive player honors.

3- Unioto and Adena. Both will struggle out of the gate but by seasons end will be playing as good if not better then Westfall and Huntington.

5- Zane Trace. If this team starts the season out with strong chemistry they will challenge
For the league title.

6-Southeastern. Talented group that is capable of knocking off anyone but can they stay consistent?

7- Piketon. Very good coach just lacks the horses to make the pay window this season.

8- Paint Valley. Another very good coach looking to build a solid program. I look for Paint Valley to surprise a few of the top tier teams this season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Southeastern wins more than those on here expect.

4th or 5th

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Ironman92 wrote:I think Southeastern wins more than those on here expect.

4th or 5th
Come on Ironman no easy outs here. Give us your SVC list from top to bottom :122249

I did it and I'm sure to have a few helpings of crow over it by seasons end :mrgreen:

The SVC is tough when it comes to volleyball. Piketon and Paintvalley will probably both have winning records when it comes to non-league play. And like with Southeastern being a mid-PAC SVC team, they would be at the top in most of the other southern Ohio leagues.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Keep a close eye on Zane Trace, they are gonna smack you right in the mouth if you are not ready. Got a good mix of athletes and size, speed, passing and hitting from Carle, Spetnangle, Strausbaugh and the Chaffin kid is a sleeper or diamond in the rough as they say. I will go out on the limb and say Westfall and ZT play for title with Huntington if they play consistantly will battle Adena for 3rd. The " U " and SE next with PV and Piketon working hard for 7th. SVC is a fun league to watch and there are usually some surprizes in season in the mid pack, just known that Adena has been at the top so long that it has been easy to pick a winner. 2012 seems to be shaping up to be a little different. Good luck to all teams and enjoy your season.

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

The SVC is Westfall's to win, with Huntington, Zane Trace, Adena and Unioto battling for second...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Xtoxxviii wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:I think Southeastern wins more than those on here expect.

4th or 5th
Come on Ironman no easy outs here. Give us your SVC list from top to bottom :122249

I did it and I'm sure to have a few helpings of crow over it by seasons end :mrgreen:

The SVC is tough when it comes to volleyball. Piketon and Paintvalley will probably both have winning records when it comes to non-league play. And like with Southeastern being a mid-PAC SVC team, they would be at the top in most of the other southern Ohio leagues.
Since my last post I've seen SE multiple times and they don't seem quite as sharp...but the potential to upset some of the upper tier teams is definitely there.

I'll guess

1. Westfall
T-2 Adena
T-2 Unioto
4. Huntington
5. Zane Trace
6. Southeastern
7. Piketon
8. Paint Valley

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Observations from the SVC PreView

1- Adena is very strong when it comes to fundamentals. If they don't win the league I can't see them finishing any lower then 2nd.

2- Westfall needs Curry back ASAP if they are going to make  a league title run. Passing needs to improve.

3-Huntington looked the most impressive. If they can play at this level all season they will win the league.

4- Unioto will run hot and then cold this year. At times they have six sophomores on the floor and the inexperience will cause them some early season miss steps. Again I say by tourney time this group will be playing as good as anybody

5-SouthEastern a lot like Unioto in that they are counting on a lot of underclass men to play big roles for them this year. They looked a lot better tonight then they did this summer.

6-Zane Trace from top to bottom of roster is the most athletic in the league. It just depends how well they gel this season. Not sure we seen their exact rotation tonight.

7- PaintValley has some nice size and  coach Whittle will use it to her advantage this season.

8- Piketon. Pelphrey is one of the top players the league has to offer.

I think the top six in the SVC is pretty clear. And any of the six could be contenders. I just feel  Adena and their strong fundamental play is the only sure bet to finish in the top two of the league this year. Should be a great season of SVC Volleyball

Return to “Volleyball”