Why don't we...

h2o
Riding the Bench

Re: Why don't we...

Post by h2o »

i agree with cobweb...the huntington club appears to do a good job. club volleyball gets expensive and travel is a big expense. sounds like huntington/marshall would be a good choice with limited information. the age and seriousness of the athlete also helps with decision making. learn fundamentals at the early ages. if athletes develop serious interests and exceptional talent then the decisions get harder.

best of luck

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

what about trimble?
How are they?

DawgDave
Waterboy

Post by DawgDave »

It's nice to see that we have so many options.
If some one in the know can list the clubs in the area and approximate cost ?
maybe even a rating?

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Just some of the area clubs...

Aleta (Athens area)
SOVC (Chillicothe area)
Waverly
South Webster
Huntington, WV
Matchpoint

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Thanks for the info. If I can find information on the Marshall Club Ball, I will post it.
Could someone post info on the South Webster area club ball?

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

I thimk the club at MU is River City. You can search them up on internet.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

SW's club is Ladies of Southern Ohio. They practice at SWHS usually twice a week; once on Sunday afternoon (after church) and once during the week.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

h2o wrote:you are comparing the lowest ranking Aleta team to the highest matchpoint team. compare the other agegroups or an average and see where they stand.......you will find out that they are not even close.many of the matchpoint teams finished dead last in several tournaments. that is hard to do.

You are talking about matchpoint SEO which is basicially the Athens girls and some others from the area. Matchpoint has several satellite clubs around Ohio some better some worse. I know the ones in Columbus are usually pretty good. You can see from their website all the players that have went on to play in college, those are from the Columbus Club.

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

you are correct falcon. Matchpoint SEO is the club i was referring to. Many of the matchpoint teams in the columbus area are well trained and very competitive.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

waverly hs has club volleyball and they travel to 4 to 5 tourneys in ohio within 2 1/2 hours of waverly tryouts in november i think practices throughout feb til may when last tourney is my daughter loves it

Return to “Volleyball”