warren volleyball

bubbles
Riding the Bench

warren volleyball

Post by bubbles »

working hard today for our tour to athens!!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: warren volleyball

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Goodluck Warriors!

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

did u win? :12223

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

lost the first to the awesome Bishop Ready team, nice girls who play very well, I expect to see them at state. won the next two, did not rank well and didn't play all that well either. We struggled. Thanks for asking!!!

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

way to gooo Warriors! 5-1 :-D

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

We need to remember there is only one game, the next one. We need to keep our heads in that game alone.
There has been a change in the next couple of games vs/ Marietta.
Monday, Sept. 15 is @Warren and the 25th is @ Marietta, due to a scheduling issue at Marietta. c u 2 nite @ Athens!!!! we love our lady warriors!!!

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

Lady Warriors beat a very spirited Athens in four close matches.
I did notice they had a different libero.
They are always good competition and have some very devoted fans.
Any other results from last nights games?

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

Another mark in the "W" column for the lady Warriors versus Zanesville tonight. It took 4 games against a good hitting Blue Devil squad. 3 wins in 3 nights for the Warriors, now one night off to cheer on the football team versus Marietta, then on to Maysville Saturday.

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

Good week for the Lady Warriors. The Maysville Quad will be a real test for the team and they will have to be ready to play. Meadowbrook is 6-2, Maysville is 5-1, Monroe Central is 7-0 and Warren is 7-1. Good Luck Blue.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

:122246 Wow great competition! Good preparation for the rest of league play & the tourney trail! Good luck Ladies!

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

Anyone hear how the girls did today?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The Warriors beat an undefeated Monroe Central squad in straight sets then fell to Meadowbrook and Maysville in good matches. They played some of these games without Fisher due to injury. I did not see much of the varsity because I was watching the JV's, who also won once and lost twice. The JV's have a lot of talent and with the underclassmen (women) on the varsity I think Warren volleyball is going to be just fine for quite a few years.

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

Farley and Cochran filled in for Fisher later in the day and did a nice job on the court. The team didn't seem to play their normal game, (they kind of acted like they played 4 of the last 5 days).
A day of rest today, then get ready for the tigers to come to Vincent on Monday night. This should be a better game then the last one, it would be nice to see the crowd big enough that the opposite bleachers have to be pulled out!

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

I'm not sure everyone knows its been moved to WArren. The announcer at the football game Friday said it was at Marietta. Good Luck.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

BEAT Marietta!
NOT in our HOUSE!

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

Looking forward to a rematch!! We have got to be playing our A game against Marietta tonight. Let's all be adults and respect the other team as we would like to be respected, and have fun watching these talented volleyball players!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Goodluck to both schools. This should be very intense but keep it clean: players, coaches AND fans. Hoping for a Warren victory.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

A Warrior sweep! Freshman in 2, JV's in 2 and the varsity in 4. Varsity was very intense and close. Marietta has a lot of height and is improving. Warren is very athletic and that seemed to be the difference.

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

I agree with scoop, very intense. The freshman and Jv continue to improve. The varsity continues it's winning ways scrappy defense and solid offense. They play with no big standouts, just solid team play, (good coaching on all three levels!). Farley came off the bench and again played hard. Marietta is a much improved team, better back row coverage than the first game, should be interesting on the 25th at their place.
On another note, the Jr. High team showed up at the game and I thought I heard they won last night also.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Yes, both the 7th and 8th grade teams defeated Waterford last night. Very cool of them to support the Varsity.

Return to “Volleyball”