warren volleyball

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Re: warren volleyball

Post by sports_nut »

Good luck to the Lady WArriors tomorrow night vs Zanesville. I'm sure it will be a great senior night. I think Warren is the much better team player for player and will be more prepared with their coaching staff. I know you can't underestimate any opponent but I think our girls want it more. I wouldn't want to be Zanesville and have to play us on senior night. Hope the fans show up to support us as we prepare to win the north division of the league.

Go Blue!

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Warren has to travel to Jackson for the first round of the tourney. A #6 seed??? They are getting no respect from the other coaches in the southeast.

Was really expecting to host a first round game.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

we're going to jackson?

man, a 14-5 team on the cusp of a division (and hopefully, a league) title is a 6 seed?

oh well, bring it!

Good luck against Z-ville, ladies!

side_out
Waterboy

Post by side_out »

And Athens is the #4 seed with 8 losses and Warren beat them twice. How did that happen?

Good Luck Lady Warriors

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

zanesville wins the north with a win over the warriors at warren.

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

Zanesville is a much improved team, great passing and an awesome setter. The Lady Warriors played hard taking Zanesville to 5 games before going down. We will play Jackson for 3rd on Saturday then again next week in the first round. As far as their seeding and respect, anyone who has seen these ladies play, with what they were expected to have in the pre-season, has nothing but good to say about their record and solid team play!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

couldn't agree more.

Go Warriors!

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

run521, everyone talks like the preseason expectations were really low. i will tell you that the team did not feel that way and after tryouts it was clear that warren was a force to be reckoned with. the underclassmen went to club vball off season, increased their abilities, and the seniors came ready to dominate the court with their leadership! both seniors have improved their game. the setter hannah is one of the best in the league if not the best, the libero brenna after playing all last season with a torn acl, surgery and was not able to play club came back to dominate the back row. tell me who in the league is better than either senior?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Hopefully everyone can come out and support the Lady Warriors against Jackson on Saturday night as they play to wrap up 3rd place in the league.

JV starts at 5 at the Warriordome, Varsity at 6ish

Go Blue!

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

bubbles, no disrespect towards your warriors. Anytime a team loses most of their players to graduation the next year usually means a rebuilding year. This Warren team has came togeather and played above expectations with mostly underclassmen to support a few seniors. But I stand behind my statements on Zanesville, the other night they played a very good game and made few mistakes.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Goodluck Lady Warriors!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren wins in 3. Way to go Ladies. Play with the same intensity this week and take care of business. The Jv's also took 2 of 3 from Jackson.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Good job. Warriors!!
What happened in the other match, Zanesville or Chillicothe?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

The JV girls impressed/surprised me.

Very proud of this whole team--i think they've really come together and meshed over the season's course.

Best of luck to make it 2 in a row over Jackson on Wed. night!

Go Blue!

devilsadvocate
Waterboy

Post by devilsadvocate »

run521, everyone talks like the preseason expectations were really low. i will tell you that the team did not feel that way and after tryouts it was clear that warren was a force to be reckoned with. the underclassmen went to club vball off season, increased their abilities, and the seniors came ready to dominate the court with their leadership! both seniors have improved their game. the setter hannah is one of the best in the league if not the best, the libero brenna after playing all last season with a torn acl, surgery and was not able to play club came back to dominate the back row. tell me who in the league is better than either senior?

I hate to burst your bubbles but from what I hear the two top players on the warren squad this year are the Fisher girl and the junior middle hitter (not sure of her name) and there are a list of other impressive players in the league as well.

Warriors1234
Waterboy

Post by Warriors1234 »

hahaha well i hate to burst YOUR bubble devilsadvocate, but I'm pretty sure if you look at the stats senior LIBERO Brenna Goethel has better hitting stats than Fisher.

warren09
Waterboy

Post by warren09 »

I might have to agree with you on that one Warriors1234.

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

we probably should not trash talk the players. the warriors are a great team. each seems to stand out in their own way each game.

devilsadvocate
Waterboy

Post by devilsadvocate »

No trash talking here just relaying what I was told from your corner of the world but if what you say is true 1234 then it sounds like your LIBERO with better stats than your outside hitter should be the MVP of the league. Good luck.

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

zanesville beat chilly, 1st and 2nd, warren beat jackson, 3rd and 4th

Return to “Volleyball”