Best Student Sections??

ryder cup champs
Waterboy

Best Student Sections??

Post by ryder cup champs »

I think Southern has the best student section. It keeps the girls into the game and makes the other team :oops: ... Also they always get yelled at by the refs and there is atleast on fan from each school that yells at the AD after the game.. BUT THOUGHTS

rebel_gurl09
Riding the Bench

Re: Best Student Sections??

Post by rebel_gurl09 »

i agree that i like to be cheered on, but sometimes, student sections have gone too far as to what they yell or chant.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Ironton St. Joe. Loud fans in a small gym. They really cheer their team on.

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

This would definitely go to Eastern Eagles of Pike County hands down. They seem to always have a good crowd even when games are far away and the students really get into it! If you don't trust me just come out and watch a game.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Warren seems to have a good crowd

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Alexander can be rowdy.

Mr. Whipple
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Whipple »

Saw something interesting (and rather sad) at the Valley/S. Webster district game last night. During one of the sets (maybe 3rd or 4th) Valley's student section decided to vacate their side of the gym and take up residence in front of the S. Webster fans. Some of the parents told them to move but they stayed put, making sure that they were in good position to distract Webster's players (although it didn't have much impact). After several minutes one of the deputies came over and told them all to go back over to their side.

Now, I have no ties to either team. I was there to watch the earlier game and stuck around to watch the next. But I have to admit I thought it was pretty disrespectful of not only the kids (hey, they are kids) but the parents who were sitting there watching them do this, not to mention the coaching staff of Valley. I also noticed that there were even stat keepers for Valley in the mix. Am I asking too much for parents/coaches to keep tabs on their kids and keep them from being rude and disrespectfull when representing their school?

I think it's great that kids travel to support their classmates but somewhere along the way a lot of kids tend to cross the line.

Just my observation....

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Alexander always has the best student sections for every sport!

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

Eastern Pike for sure! :mrgreen:

Spring_Fever
Waterboy

Post by Spring_Fever »

I have definitely seen some crazy games at Valley...school spirit is good as long as they try to keep it respectable...burg and west football always have some pretty spirited fans...it's hard to say -- oak hill seems to get pretty nuts for their basketball teams also -- usually depends on the sport and how well the teams are doing...i'd say over all southern ohio has some great fans!

Return to “Volleyball”