All/SEOAL

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

All/SEOAL

Post by noreply66 »

NORTH DIV.

Logan..........Kayla Sowers..........MVP-N.DIV.
Logan..........Erin DeLong
Marietta.......Tiffany Schob
Marietta.......Ali Summers
Warren.........Hannah McMichael
Warren.........Brenna Gosthel
Zanesville.......Michele Twiggs
Zanesville.......Katie Lianez
Zanesville's Sue Loader and Marietta's Ron Kidder--COY

SOUTH DIV.

Chillicothe.......Hannah Day..........MVP-S. DIV.
Chillicothe.......Haley Pittenger
Chillicothe.......Meghan Martin
Gallipolis.........Kaci Shoemaker
Gallipolis.........Alexis Geiger
Jackson..........Sharissa Cooper
Jackson..........Morgan Mullins
Portsmouth......Emily Hopkins
Ironton...........Cinnamon Fletcher
Chillicothe's Bret Wrightsel-COY

As per LDN

ironman02
SEOP

Re: All/SEOAL

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to Jackson's Sharissa Cooper and Morgan Mullins...well-deserved honor for both.

Question for some of the more knowledgeable Jackson volleyball fans. I think I remember Cooper making All-SEOAL as a sophomore. Did she also make it last year as a junior? If so, that's a VERY impressive run.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Come on Ironman02, you have to know the answer. Don't you remember working on the Jackson volleyball history book with me? The 1980s were a great time for Jackson volleyball.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

LOL. Sure thing, Do-Your-Job. I guess it must have just slipped my mind.

I'm sure you have the answer I'm looking for, don't you?

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Congrats to Alexis and Kaci from Gallia Academy.

k k ann
Waterboy

Post by k k ann »

Congrats to Hannah McMichael and Brenna Goethel from Warren,
you are both included in a great group of ladies!!!

k k ann
Waterboy

Post by k k ann »

I am a bit curious how a team that had so few wins could have a MVP, she must really be exceptional! I hope she's thinking of college ball. The coaches who voted for her must think that too!!! Best of Luck!

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Since you can't vote for your own players then the rest of the coaches must have thought enough to give her some votes.

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

those coaches are right, a mvp could be from a team that won, one game? must be a first, i hope she plays div. 1!

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Not sure she is even looking to play vball in college, but Congrats anyway. Good Luck to her and all the girls in the SEOAL.

devilsadvocate
Waterboy

Post by devilsadvocate »

falcon, you seem knowledgeable in this area so can you remember the last time the MVP came off a team other than 1st place or even 2nd place team? How coudl this have happened? And why do people think she would be playing div. 1 just because she is the leagues MVP?

roundhouse
Waterboy

Post by roundhouse »

I saw her play and she could be a DS on a good Div I school. There are good Div I schools and bad ones so that's not really a measure of the athlete. Look at the difference in quality from first place to say, 10th place in the rankings. Unless it's a weird day for Penn State or Nebraska very few teams, even in the top 25, are going to hang with them. So to say Div I is a broad statement. Wittenberg would beat alot of Div I schools. This girl is good and deserved the honor of MVP. We all know what MVP stands for and let me tell you that describes this girl perfectly. I doubt Logan would have won a single match in or out of league play without her. BTW I'm not from Logan. lol

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

My knowledge only goes back around 10yrs in the SEOAL. I am not sure I know Athens and Warren dominated the past decade in volleyball and it seems that the MVP came off one of those teams, I may be wrong, it just seems I remember those schools getting a bunch.

As far as her playing D1 well the best judge of that would be the D1 coaches, of which I doubt any of us are. I have seen alot of volleyball from DI to DIII and there are good players in each. There are kids playing DIII that were never found or simply wanted to go play in a less stressful environment. D1 is quite a commitment and not everyone wants or can go thru it and get the school work done.

I know up at Muskingum College they got a girl that played D1 in Northen Ohio and after one year came back and played vball and bball and was very successful at both.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Falcon is right, D1 is not for everyone.

You can hear about it and think that would be great but many girls do one year and say "wow" not what I thought. No matter your sport be it volleyball, basketball, football etc they require alot from athletes as far as your time. Since this is a volleyball forum I will lay out a season for you. Many schools start early August, often two or three weeks before classes start and those are full days of practice. Then in the fall they travel during the week and weekends missing alot of class (the main reason they are there). The free time they have is making up labs or working on papers or studying. Once Spring semester comes then comes the off season workouts. The NCAA allows a certain amount of time for coaches to work with athletes and they take advantage of it. They basically practice from Jan to end of April then out for summer early May. Often the athletes will stay and work camps or work on their own. All this and they are expected to keep grades up. It can be quite over welming to certain kids.

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

congrats to Tiffany Shob!

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

i don't think the MVP came off of the first or second place team last year. the Dey girl from Chilly won this award last year & gallia was first, warren second.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

lefty wrote:i don't think the MVP came off of the first or second place team last year. the Dey girl from Chilly won this award last year & gallia was first, warren second.

The Chilly girl may have been MVP of the south. Since the formation of the new SEOAL there is an MVP from the South Division and an MVP from the North Division. In the previous post I was referring to Zanesvilles played being overlooked for another player. A girl from the last place team in the North got it. Not saying she wasn't deserving just wondering about how it took place. My guess was some coaches tried to get their player as the MVP and the voting back fired.

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

Wow! Just realized that Chillicothe had 3 All SEOAL players and COY! Bret is a class act and the best thing to happen to CHS volleyball in a long time. Martin and Day are just true athletes in every sense of the word. Pittenger is a nice player and should have a great senior year. These girls set a fine example for all of our other players.

k k ann
Waterboy

Post by k k ann »

fighting_falcon
The Chilly girl may have been MVP of the south. Since the formation of the new SEOAL there is an MVP from the South Division and an MVP from the North Division. In the previous post I was referring to Zanesvilles played being overlooked for another player. A girl from the last place team in the North got it. Not saying she wasn't deserving just wondering about how it took place. My guess was some coaches tried to get their player as the MVP and the voting back fired

no kidding, someone really needs to tell the real story behind this one....

cobweb
JV Team

Re: All/SEOAL & TVC Hocking

Post by cobweb »

I hope that a change in league is not too far off topic.

I thought the choice in the TVC Hocking Div. was just as curious. The MVP was shared by teammates from Federal Hocking. The Fed-Hock team did not have much success in the league, likely last place or next to it. Is it not odd that an noncompetitive team had the two most valuable players in the league? To make it even stranger, one of the MVPs was unfortunately injured and did not play for most of the season.

Return to “Volleyball”