TVC

interception
Waterboy

TVC

Post by interception »

Who looks like their going to have the strongest Varsity and JV teams this year in the TVC?

spartacat
Freshman Team

Re: TVC

Post by spartacat »

I will say that Alexander will take the TVC - Ohio title again this year. They only lost 2 of the 2007 Division III state runner up team. The Spartans still have 4 year starter Whitney Smith along with Laureen Raines, Betsy Irwin, Megan McCoy and Sarah Radekin who are all seniors. The younger ladies will contribute good minutes as well.

Look for the league to be:
1. Alex
2. VC
3. Athens
4. Meigs
5. Ny
6. Belpre
7 Wellston

Meigs and NY will battle for 4th with Belpre and Wellston going for last.

Good luck to all TVC teams this coming season (of course except when you play the Spartans!) :)

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

TVC - OHIO
Alex
Athens
Meigs
Vinton County
Nelsonville-York
Wellston
Belpre

TVC - Hocking
Trimble
Fed Hock
Eastern
Southern
Waterford
Miller

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Alexander should go undefeated in league play, and possibly undefeated on the season. They are that good.

NY has had some strong volleyball teams in recent years, so it will be interesting to see how strong NY will be this year after last years graduation losses.

Hornet & Card Fan
Waterboy

Post by Hornet & Card Fan »

Wellston has a new coach this year and since she's my sister I gotta pull for her and the Lady Golden Rockets! :122245

WCatFan
Waterboy

Post by WCatFan »

Waterford is not looking too bad this year. Coach Miller returns with a lot of experience and quite a bit of talent. I hear the Dailey girl is pretty awesome at setting! They also have some power hitters. They may be the surprise of the season.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Wellston will get their wins just give them time with the new coach and let them build a winning progam........................

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Eastern at Belpre last night, Eastern JV in 2 and the varsity in 3 quick ones.

HE_HATE_ME10
Waterboy

Post by HE_HATE_ME10 »

This is a no brainer every year Alex will go undefeated in league play and probably make a good run in the tournament

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs 25 25 25
Wellston 13 9 3

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

As seen in another thread, the Eastern Eagles had another good night last night at South Gallia, JV in 2 and Varsity in 3; 25-17, 25-11 and 25-10. The SG volleyball program needs to figure out how to put line judges on the floor. The Eastern dads volunteered after watching the first game played with no line judges but were turned away by the referee. I've never seen a non-scrimmage high school match played without line judges. Line judges do compliment the officiating as witnessed last night by several poor line calls and missed tips by the judges. This could have been much more of an issue if the match's would have been more competitive. My schedule showed the game at 6:00 PM and for some reason they decided to start the JV way before six, causing most of the Eastern fans to miss much of the JV match.

Congratulations to the Maurauders on the impressive victory against Wellston! Meigs looked very good in the preview at Eastern, beating the Eagles convincingly in two 21 point scrimmages. They play the game fundamentally well with exceptional serve, passing and serve return skills. It is hard to score if you can't get the ball on the floor on the other team's side of the net.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

According to OHSAA schedule and the SG schedule. The game was to start at 5:30.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs 25 25 25
River Valley 15 23 13

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Alexander is the cream of the crop here. They haven't lost a league match in something like 4 or 5 years. Their goals involve doing well at the state tournament, so the TVC should come easy. Pretty tough for any other TVC-Ohio teams to even win a set, let alone 3 out of 5 sets against them.

And Eastern has some kind of ridiculous streak of TVC-Hocking titles, 12 in a row? So until someone ends that, the Eagles would be a good pick.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Alexander now 5-1(3-0 TVC) on the season with a win over Nelsonville-York in straight sets.

25-19
25-9
25-5

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Alexander runs away with the league, AGAIN. I would like to see us petition to play outside the TVC. We need more competition than what is in that league. Though I know it will never happen.

DawgDave
Waterboy

Post by DawgDave »

To answer the second part of the question, on the JV side
look for the Athens JV team to remain undefeated in TVC play.

I saw them at the Athens invitational and they are as good as most
school's varsity teams....and they've been raided to prop up holes
in the varsity squad.

Athens also has a bunch of very good players on a freshman team that
should have been placed on JV. These were the girls that hadn't lost a game
in either 7th or 8th grade.

It's a bright future IF the Bulldogs play their hand right - a BIGGGGG IF :lol:

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

I was able to go to the Athens game last night against Warren and while I was not impressed with the varsity squad I was impressed with the JV squad. Why oh why is your middle hitter on the JV team not the middle on your varsity? I have absolutely, thank goodness, no ties to the Athens team but it seems silly to have a better quality player on your JV squad than on your varsity. The one team I have seen a lot is Alexander and Athens best have their AAAAA game on to beat that varsity squad!

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

undefeated meigs goes to Alexander tonight

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Anybody know who won the Alex-Meigs game? I'm going to guess Meigs isn't undefeated anymore at this point.

Return to “Volleyball”