Eastern Reedsville v. Waterford

allaces1
Freshman Team

Eastern Reedsville v. Waterford

Post by allaces1 »

If Eastern and Waterford played tonight, who won?

InIt2WinIt
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Reedsville v. Waterford

Post by InIt2WinIt »

Waterford in 4 games Good job Wildcats

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Waterford's win over Eastern puts Waterford in first place in the TVC Hocking. What does that do to the sectional seeding? I know there are still a few games to be played before the draw on October fifth. Any thoughts?

Definetly South Webster as the #1 seed. What about two through five?

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

thoughts on seeding,,, ummm

Trimble Waterford Eastern 2 thru 4. Take your pick. I don't know what Beaver's record is. They might sneak into the mix

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

According to the OHSVCA website conference standings, Waterford is five and one in the hocking. Eastern stands at second.

Trimble is not in Division IV southeast east sectional. Nine schools:

South Webster(SOC)
Eastern Reedsville(TVC)
Eastern Beaver(SOC)
Waterford(TVC)
South Gallia(IND)
Southern(TVC)
Symmes Valley(SOC)
Miller(TVC)
Ironton St. Joe(IND)

Four teams advance to the district.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Unofficial records but found on OHSVCA.net:

South Webster(SOC) 13-1
Eastern Reedsville(TVC) 12-4
Eastern Beaver(SOC) 12-4
Waterford(TVC) 12-3
South Gallia(IND) 13-4
Southern(TVC) 6-8
Symmes Valley(SOC) ?-?
Miller(TVC) 3-11
Ironton St. Joe(IND) ?-?

Will the bracket be:

1 v. Winner of 8 v. 9
2 v. 7
3 v. 6
4 v. 5

?????

getaclue
Riding the Bench

Post by getaclue »

Well, after looking at the schedules of the teams above on the ohsvca website, South Webster and Eastern Beaver probably play the toughest schedule. S.W. plays in the bigger S.O.C. with the likes of Wheelersburg, Northwest, Valley, Waverly, Minford,etc. They are undefeated in league play and 13-1 overall.Their non-league games are Jackson, Eastern Beaver, Clay, Zane Trace,etc. Their only loss went 5 games with Jackson.
Eastern Beaver is 12-4. Their 4 loses are to South Webster in 3 games by 7, 2, and 2 points, Chillicothe (D2) who is winning the SEOAL 8-0. They went 3 games with them in a tournament- won the first and lost by 3 and 2. They lost to another D2 school, Jackson, by 5 and 3. Clay is their 4th loss and that was 4 close games. Clay is 12-3 and 10-0 in the S.O.C. Div. I and will probably be the one seed in the other branch of the sectional. They beat Dayton Carroll (D2), Paint Valley(D3)and Minford(D3).

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

St. Joseph is 5-9 with wins over Portsmouth East twice, Chesapeake, Hannan W.Va., and Fairview Ky. Does anyone know Symmes Valley or Miller's records.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

My view on how the order of seeding will fall...

South Webster
Waterford (order depends on next week's continued success)
Eastern Meigs (just got beat by Waterford)
Easern Beaver (only because there are more schools from the TVC voting, really probably the two seed)
Southern (record not as good but more TVC schools voting)
South Gallia (no quality wins for tournament time ranking)
Miller
Symmes Valley (Coach Bowling is gone, team is way down)
St Joe (no quality wins for tournament ranking)

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Back to the topic:
I watched the match last night as an Eastern fan. I saw a very good display of SEO volleyball presented by Waterford. They are fundamentally well prepared and execute with considerable skill. These girls served, passed, set and hit with very respectable results. They had Eastern scrambling all night long; leading to endless errors. Congratulations to the Waterford program for their hard work and intensity, the results are outstanding. Anybody taking this team lightly, will be badly mistaken.

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

waterford has some very nice athletes. they are also aggresive and know how to win. i think they will win a distrist championship this year if they can avoid South Webster in the draw.

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

Snowman: When you are building a program from scratch every win is a quality win. Imagine how are girls would feel if we told them that your wins are not respected by others. The problem on here is to many people look to belittle other schools to try and make their programs look even better instead of complimenting kids for the effort that they are putting forth. Again to say that St. Joseph has no quality wins is the same as telling the 100 or so girls that play for us and the teams we have beat that they are nothing. Every win is a quality win!

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Using Snowman's line of logic from the other day...
If you look at the combined record of the teams that a team has beaten, you willbe able to determine who has more quality wins...So

South Webster 75 wins 67 losses
Eastern Reedsville 73 wins 78 losses
Waterford 41 wins 84 losses
**Eastern Beaver 9 wins and 49 losses

These are the total wins and total losses OR combined record of the teams each school has beaten. These are only the results reported on OHSVCA.net It would be nice if all the schools posted results. Since all schools don't post their results these figures are not super reliable.

**Snowman maybe you could check Eastern Beaver's info. Eastern Beaver plays Symmes Valley, Notre Dame, Glenwood, Green, and Sciotoville but the records for these teams aren't complete.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Yes, Eastern Beaver has weak teams on their schedule...so does South Webster...so does Clay...so does everyone...look at Alexander...however...the loses on Eastern's schedule to teams like Jackson, South Webster, Clay, Chillicothe, etc. mean much more than a victory over weak teams and even loses to weak teams. And I would be the first one to admit Eastern's team this year is the weakest I have ever remember seeing...young, injuries, etc. However...

Eastern, for example, has been under fire. Eastern knows what good competition looks like. I would give that more credit when it comes to tournament time than ...oh I got a win...and I shuold be proud...Yes, it is good to win...but I'm talking about what is deserved and what deserves recognition come tournament time.

As for those of you who cannot stand the truth... :aaaaa22

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Can you say "back pedal"?

I don't believe anyone doubts the fact that Eastern Beaver has been "under fire". They know what it takes. People in the district have watched teams grow stronger over the years. In 2004, South Webster was an eighth seed and has made tremendous improvement since then. How long has South Webster's coach been at the helm of their program? How long has Coach Day been at Eastern Beaver? Those are definetly two programs to watch. I beleive that Coach Jeffers at Alexander took a mediocre team and built a program. Look at them now. Our district has at least three strong exellent examples to learn from.--not to mention Eastern Reedsville and Clay.

No one doubts the "truth"...only recognizes that maybe some teams are changing and it is the "truth" that they understand and are willing to face and learn from.

getaclue
Riding the Bench

Post by getaclue »

I can tell you Eastern Beaver is a much improved team since the beginning of the season when they lost some of those close non-league games. They have no seniors this year and their underclassmen struggled to find their connections this summer and have worked hard to get to the level they want to be at near the end of regular season. They know what it takes at tournament time to advance. Some of their injured players are back and stronger than ever.....Their tradition alone makes every group that moves up want the same kind of success!!!!

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Cobweb: Thanks so much. Very classy post. Waterford is very fortunate to have Coach Miller back at the helm of the volleyball program. These girls have been working so hard for him. This was a huge win for the Lady Wildcats. A lot of the girls and coach included were very emotional after the game. Hard work does pay off. I hope that the Lady Cats can stay focused for the remainder of the season. They have several league games left and anything can happen, again, I am sure Coach Miller will have them well prepared. Good Luck!!!

Eastern has a very good team. I too thought it was a very good game to watch. Good Luck to Eastern the remainder of the season.

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

snowman wrote:My view on how the order of seeding will fall...

South Webster
Waterford (order depends on next week's continued success)
Eastern Meigs (just got beat by Waterford)
Easern Beaver (only because there are more schools from the TVC voting, really probably the two seed)
Southern (record not as good but more TVC schools voting)
South Gallia (no quality wins for tournament time ranking)
Miller
Symmes Valley (Coach Bowling is gone, team is way down)
St Joe (no quality wins for tournament ranking)

i don't think you should put teams down like that snowman, south gallia is having a very good season and saying that they have no quality wins is very negative toward the lady rebels!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Return to “Volleyball”