SVC 2019

KRS
JV Team

Re: SVC 2019

Post by KRS »

How many games did you go to today? I watched two of the three. Spot on with SE assessment, they looked good. Unioto and Vinton was a good match up with the more athletic team pulling out the W. Best of luck to the remaining SVC schools, should continue to have a few teams make a good run.

cactus
Waterboy

Post by cactus »

Hotdog, I agree, Adena did look strong today. I think they can at least make a regional appearance. What was the problem with Unioto this year? I’ve heard coaching was the main issue, but I didn’t see them enough to comment on that.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

cactus wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:22 am What was the problem with Unioto this year? I’ve heard coaching was the main issue, but I didn’t see them enough to comment on that.
:shock:

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm
redchair wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:06 am
HotDogSoftball wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Mostly from what I can tell Adena must have some turmoil as well as Unioto. Did Adena really not play their one and only Senior on senior night?

Saw Unioto play Piketon. From what I could tell, they have 4 or 5 seniors that are really good and then it falls off from an athletic standpoint. I think they actually played 11 or 12 kids each game. Pinkerton playing all around? I would think build your team around the best defender in the league. You then only have to coach 5 other players. Cottril is solid all around player. So now you only have to coach 4 other players.

Piketon will be a team to reckon with next year. The coach there is “coaching” and she will get the program in the right direction. They won tonight’s sectional game also. Was good game.

Got to see Westfall play Piketon also and Westfall has Phillips and Williams doing a great job. Only thing is Phillips is one dimensional and great hitter, but not so much passer/defense back row.

Congrats to Paint Valley for winning their Sectional Game Last night.

Piketon will play Adena next. Hope Adena lets their one and only Senior play at least a few minutes.
Thoughts on this season and looking to next season:
Westfall was the class of the league this year. Kristen Phillips is clearly the most dominant player at the net. Even with Williams graduating, they should still be the favorite next season.

I don't think Adena has turmoil just because they didn't play a senior on senior night. They finished 2nd in a tough league this year. The only team they didn't beat was Unioto, who was pretty loaded and underachieved. I look for them to be a top team in the league again next season.

I don't know when you watched Unioto, but I thought they had some good underclassmen. The seniors on that team didn't look as good as I thought they looked last season when I saw them. They have the potential to be a good team next year.

Huntington will still have Megan Steele and Bayse next year, but the loss of Alyssa Steele will hurt more than people may realize. Who will set for them next year?

Zane Trace doesn't graduate anyone so they should continue to improve. They don't really have any standout players, though, just a lot of good players.

Southeastern loses Hice which will obviously hurt, a lot. However, they did play a lot of sophomores this season so I don't see them dropping off too much.

Paint Valley played a lot of young players. I see them winning 5-7 games next season in the league. I know they have been toward the bottom every year, but with Smith, Brumfield, McFadden and other young players getting older, they can be decent.

Piketon may be better, but I don't see them being a team to be reckoned with next year. I still think they'll be at the bottom.
Vinton County over Unioto today in 5.
Let’s just say the seniors for Unioto were not the reason for the loss.

SouthEastern looked real good today. Adena handled the Streaks with ease today. Adena looked strong.
:|

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Big Win for Huntington over Westfall.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Great Tourney run for the SVC. 5 Teams in District Championships and 2 moving to Regionals out of a possible 3. Would love to see a Adena/Huntington Regional Championship. Good Luck to Adena vs Wheelersburg and Huntington vs Berlin Hiland.

Return to “Volleyball”