Who will be the next coach at Unioto?

Xtoxxviii
All State

Who will be the next coach at Unioto?

Post by Xtoxxviii »

http://www.sohiosa.com/2019/12/02/natal ... all-coach/

2 league titles in 3 years is going to be hard to replace.
Here is 3 Unioto teachers I know of with volleyball experience:

- Jackie Kellough, reserve coach under Stulley. Star player at Huntington. Played for OUC,
Unioto Teacher.

- Logan Goebel, Star at Southeastern, not sure if she played in college but was good enough to do so.
Now teaching at Unioto.

-Miranda Rinehart, former star for Unioto.
I believe played college ball and is a teacher at Unioto.

se-alum
All Conference

Re: Who will be the next coach at Unioto?

Post by se-alum »

Should be interesting. Many believe this team underachieved the last 3 years in the tourney, and it's attributed to a locker room that was not cohesive.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hutton leave SE for Unioto.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Hutton already left SE, It was posted on WKKJ right after the tourney loss. If you want to make any noise in the tourney the SE job is the one to go after. Some good hitters returning and with the Unioto and SE coaching change , maybe even get more help. I would imagine the job would be Kellough's if she wanted it.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

se-alum wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 pm Should be interesting. Many believe this team underachieved the last 3 years in the tourney, and it's attributed to a locker room that was not cohesive.

2 of the 3 year tenure (2017 and 2018) were players that played under the previous coach (20-2 and 20-3) at Unioto. Unioto fired that coach along with Cindy Davis in 2017. So the Gold Ball season and Co-Champ Season I have been told she walked into a Gold Mine of talent. 2019 Unioto lost 8 games including a forfeit loss, more games lost than previous 3 years combined) Along with over 30 Sets lost (more than 4 years combined)

Hutton from what I figured was just ready for a change. I have not heard any other reason or if he is interested in Unioto or not. Jimmy is a really competitive coach and after Hice and Skeens I think there is a drought of talent coming and Jimmy saw that he would need to invest a lot of time in hopes that 3-4 years from now the talent was there.

Don’t know anything about Jackson.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:29 pm
se-alum wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 pm Should be interesting. Many believe this team underachieved the last 3 years in the tourney, and it's attributed to a locker room that was not cohesive.

2 of the 3 year tenure (2017 and 2018) were players that played under the previous coach (20-2 and 20-3) at Unioto. Unioto fired that coach along with Cindy Davis in 2017. So the Gold Ball season and Co-Champ Season I have been told she walked into a Gold Mine of talent. 2019 Unioto lost 8 games including a forfeit loss, more games lost than previous 3 years combined) Along with over 30 Sets lost (more than 4 years combined)

Hutton from what I figured was just ready for a change. I have not heard any other reason or if he is interested in Unioto or not. Jimmy is a really competitive coach and after Hice and Skeens I think there is a drought of talent coming and Jimmy saw that he would need to invest a lot of time in hopes that 3-4 years from now the talent was there.

Don’t know anything about Jackson.
I Think that could be said about both coaches- walked into a Gold mine and stepped away when the nuggets were becoming harder to find. Both done a nice job. Obviously, didn't reach all their goals but done a nice job with the talent they had. Best of luck to the next coach. It will be a thankless job.

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

The three mentioned by XTO..... would be nice to have on staff, I feel Jackie would best be suited as a head coach at this time. Demeanor, knowledge, competitiveness and youth are all positives she could bring to the program. Is Karee Neff anywhere in the mix X? 😀 I don’t feel Natalie walked into talent, if you look at Unioto Volleyball they have been relevant for 3 decades going back to Coach Kelly Wells, then Pam Doughty, Ridenou and then Stulley. All had success at the U and all believed in as many kids as they could get interested in Club ball in the winter and spring to help their program. When you look at the success of the SVC and Chillicothe, Waverly, Beaver Eastern, Washington Court House all have believed in and bettered programs due to club ball being available SOVC, Spiketown, Roundtown and Columbus clubs have Helped better these programs due to coaches getting involved. Talent chaser no, Nick Workman, Bethany Dix, Lauren White, Katelyn Jinks, Maddie Davis, Karee Neff, Danielle Speakman, Natalie Stulley, all names going back to late 90s. Just my opinion. Happy Holidays 😎

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Bret Wrightsel wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:34 am The three mentioned by XTO..... would be nice to have on staff, I feel Jackie would best be suited as a head coach at this time. Demeanor, knowledge, competitiveness and youth are all positives she could bring to the program. Is Karee Neff anywhere in the mix X? 😀 I don’t feel Natalie walked into talent, if you look at Unioto Volleyball they have been relevant for 3 decades going back to Coach Kelly Wells, then Pam Doughty, Ridenou and then Stulley. All had success at the U and all believed in as many kids as they could get interested in Club ball in the winter and spring to help their program. When you look at the success of the SVC and Chillicothe, Waverly, Beaver Eastern, Washington Court House all have believed in and bettered programs due to club ball being available SOVC, Spiketown, Roundtown and Columbus clubs have Helped better these programs due to coaches getting involved. Talent chaser no, Nick Workman, Bethany Dix, Lauren White, Katelyn Jinks, Maddie Davis, Karee Neff, Danielle Speakman, Natalie Stulley, all names going back to late 90s. Just my opinion. Happy Holidays 😎
Bret you are selling yourself short on those who played vital roles in the past successes of Unioto volleyball, some of us don’t forget.
If the powers at be look out side of the school system your phone should get the first ring.

I don’t see the new Mrs. Driggs leaving the Circleville School system, Thanks for the kind words.

I’m with you on Jackie, I think she would make an outstanding coach for this storied program.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Sounds like Kellough got the job.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

It’s official Jackie Kellough will be the next head coach.
Congrats Jackie.

With Lytle at Piketon and Kellough at Unioto, is the Township the new cradle of volleyball coaching in the SVC?

http://www.sohiosa.com/2019/12/10/uniot ... all-coach/

Return to “Volleyball”