St. Joe Flyers 09

pleasanttiger
SEO

Re: St. Joe Flyers 09

Post by pleasanttiger »

Flyers over east today 10-0 after 6 innings.

8-0! STRONG WORK FLYERS!!!Got a full slate of games this week.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Great job Flyers.......

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

pleasanttiger wrote:Flyers over east today 10-0 after 6 innings.

8-0! STRONG WORK FLYERS!!!Got a full slate of games this week.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

Don't Ironton, Rock Hill, South Point, and Fairland have teams this year? An upgrade in competition may help when tournament time rolls around.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

Fr Glockner wrote:Don't Ironton, Rock Hill, South Point, and Fairland have teams this year? An upgrade in competition may help when tournament time rolls around.

Yes they do. The schedule is basically the same as it has been the past few years (which includes 3 sectional titles and 1 district runnerup). It's not like we are D II playing down to D IV.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Fr Glockner wrote:Don't Ironton, Rock Hill, South Point, and Fairland have teams this year? An upgrade in competition may help when tournament time rolls around.

Geez. Isn't the best three-year post season stretch that St. Joe has had in 25 years, that includes three sectional titles and a district runner up, good enough for you? The schedule this year is very similar to the last three years which have produced the three sectional titles, again, the best post-season stretch in 25 years. The three losses in the district games were all competitive games and just didn't go the Flyers way. One loss was a few umpire calls away from a win to a regional finalist, another was to a buzzsaw pitcher that gave Newark Catholic all they wanted in the regionals and the last to a decent team where SJ was clearly the underdog but gave a respectable showing.

It is just kind of disappointing to see someone with a SJ username downing the Flyers. Just a shame.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

That is a good stretch in the last 3 years, but I don't think they are bashing your schedule to much. Just stating that a good team thrown into the mix could help get over that hump and get you out of districts. I understand that you guys are a very small school but playing some tough teams can help, especially a good win or good performances.

I haven't heard of a couple of the teams (Elliot County, Hannan Trace) you have played, but the ones I know don't have but a few wins combined (East no wins yet, River Valley has 1 or 2 wins, Harvest Christian no clue of record, and I believe West Union has no wins yet) . Even playing Ironton, Rock Hill, South Point, or an SOC II school just one or two games a year could help in the long run. Don't underestimate playing pretty tough competition, it could only help come tournament time!!!! Good luck to the Flyers and hopefully another good year in the tournament.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Congrats on grabbing the #5 spot in the first coaches poll.

Keep up the good work.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

bulkmove wrote:That is a good stretch in the last 3 years, but I don't think they are bashing your schedule to much. Just stating that a good team thrown into the mix could help get over that hump and get you out of districts. I understand that you guys are a very small school but playing some tough teams can help, especially a good win or good performances.

I haven't heard of a couple of the teams (Elliot County, Hannan Trace) you have played, but the ones I know don't have but a few wins combined (East no wins yet, River Valley has 1 or 2 wins, Harvest Christian no clue of record, and I believe West Union has no wins yet) . Even playing Ironton, Rock Hill, South Point, or an SOC II school just one or two games a year could help in the long run. Don't underestimate playing pretty tough competition, it could only help come tournament time!!!! Good luck to the Flyers and hopefully another good year in the tournament.

The week before the tournament we play Chesapeake, Fairview, Coal Grove and Northwest

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

XandOs wrote:It is just kind of disappointing to see someone with a SJ username downing the Flyers. Just a shame

Father Glockner would never put the Flyers down. In fact, I am a bigger fan than you could ever imagine. However, it would be nice to see SJ play some of the local teams. I'm sorry, but as a fan, mercy rule victories over Elliot County, Hannan, and West Union don't really do anything for me. Victories over East, Harvest Christian, and River Valley are nice, but why not challenge the team a little? Why not sprinkle in a tougher (more local) opponent. I'm sure a victory over South Point or Rock Hill would mean a lot more to these kids than a win over Manchester.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

Fr Glockner wrote:
XandOs wrote:It is just kind of disappointing to see someone with a SJ username downing the Flyers. Just a shame

Father Glockner would never put the Flyers down. In fact, I am a bigger fan than you could ever imagine. However, it would be nice to see SJ play some of the local teams. I'm sorry, but as a fan, mercy rule victories over Elliot County, Hannan, and West Union don't really do anything for me. Victories over East, Harvest Christian, and River Valley are nice, but why not challenge the team a little? Why not sprinkle in a tougher (more local) opponent. I'm sure a victory over South Point or Rock Hill would mean a lot more to these kids than a win over Manchester.[/quote

A win over Manchester is worth more since they are in our sectional.

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

I love to see the Flyers win as much as anyone. I guess I'm "old school". I remember the Purple and Gold playing football, basketball, and baseball in the Ohio Valley Conference. Back in those days, Manchester was a speed trap on 52 on the way to see the Cincinnati Reds.

Go Flyers! Go "Fish"!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

FlyersBaseball wrote:
bulkmove wrote:That is a good stretch in the last 3 years, but I don't think they are bashing your schedule to much. Just stating that a good team thrown into the mix could help get over that hump and get you out of districts. I understand that you guys are a very small school but playing some tough teams can help, especially a good win or good performances.

The week before the tournament we play Chesapeake, Fairview, Coal Grove and Northwest

sounds like ole GB has a plan. Congrats to the Flyers keep up the great job !

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

I don't think that FR. Glockner meant bad just expressing an opinion.

Good Luck to the Flyers this evening at Portsmouth Notre Dame. Pray the rain holds off.

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

Go Flyers! A victory over PND (in any sport) is always sweet.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

It was a sweet victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SJ 8 ND 5. Nice come from behind win.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Great job FLYERS! Keep it rollin tonight against harvest christian at home .

GO FLYERS!!!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Nice win by the Flyers tonight by a score of 10-6 over harvest christian. Off day tomorrow and play St. Patricks at home saturday at 11.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ImageImageImageImageImage

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

Good job Flyers! Where are Harvest Christian and St. Patrick's located?

Return to “Baseball”