Pike County Tournament April 11

soccerfix
Varsity

Pike County Tournament April 11

Post by soccerfix »

Western @ Waverly
Eastern @ Piketon
Games start at 11:00 AM

With the weather this week it appears that all the arms will be ready if it clears up.

Who's the pick?

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Re: Pike County Tournament April 11

Post by OneBunter »

Waverly will be the team to beat.

I wonder how the teams are paired? It always seems that Eastern plays Piketon and Waverly plays Western?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Last year I was told Piketon played Western first
Next year Piketon and Eastern will host with the championship being at Eastern.
We will discuss the matchups later

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

For what its worth Piketon did actually play Eastern last year in the first round and Waverly/Western. The second round games did not play because of rain.

I believe two years ago Western and Piketon played the first round, and I think 3 years ago the same because Eastern beat Waverly in the first round.

Thats great to see the county tournament moving around to some other fields now.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Waverly beats Western in the first game, not for sure about the Piketon/Eastern game.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Waverly wins the tournament.
Run rule both games, Tigers bats are starting to come alive. Martin & Roback both with HR's.

E-WADE#8
Waterboy

Post by E-WADE#8 »

Eastern lost to piketon 12-7 and then Eastern run ruled western :lol:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Piketon actually beat Eastern 12-9
Lost in the championship game to Waverly
13-2 Game was much closer than the score.
Actually 4-2 ball game in the 3rd and Waverly capitalized on miscues and broke the game open in the 4th.
Waverly has a very nice club. There are no easy outs in the line up. Luke Teeters pitch a great game getting out of bases loaded jam in the 2nd when it looked as though Piketon may due some damage.
Field conditions were subpar but both team played in the mess. Waverly made plays Piketon did not.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

I am glad to see the tournament being moved around and to make match ups fair they should be doing pre-tournament drawings to see who plays who.

Congrats to Waverly for winning the tournament--you have a very good team this year.

Very disappointed in the unsportsmanship conduct and total lack of courtesy to the Eastern team for not being notified of game time changes this morning. Piketon and Western were notified timely---curious why Eastern wasn't?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Bystander
I called your coach at 8:45 :roll:
We made the decision at 8:30
It is not my fault. The game was to be played at 11:00
You have a 15 min. bus ride. If 2:15 min. is not enough time
Then someone has a problem. :lol:
Ask your coach.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

It didnt bug me any we got to go to mcdonalds and eat before the game lol

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

I understood that the decision was made at Waverly well in advance to notify everyone timely, by the time the phone call was made to whomever the boys were already in route to load the bus and too late to make calls to them for the delay. Bengelfan if you are a coach then you should understand this better than anyone---and even though its a 15 minute drive thats irrelevent to the point--you don't have your boys gathering at 10:30 to get to an 11:00 game---you make sure you're there in plenty of time. Yes it was an inconvenience--are they worse off for it---NO--like DeWeese said they got breakfast at McDonalds out of it---my point is its all about courtesy to the opposing teams who have to travel the furthest.

Another reason why moving the tournament around will be advantageous for all---everyone will have say in whats going on--not just basically one school--after all it is a county tournament.

Move on with a better subject--this one isn't worth arguing about--sounds like someones toes got stepped on.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^
No My toes did not get stepped on.
However, I was part of the discussion and decision making. My field was not playable at 8:30 when Jeff and I talked. I told him back it up to 12:30. Called coach Martin at 8:45. This is baseball you have to be flexible. Sounds like someone has an axe to grind with the Waverly coach.lol I don't understand the discontent in Pike County...... WE get no respect outside the county and we do this to each other........

You are correct time to move on. Next year Piketon and Eastern will host with the finals being played at Eastern.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

so what finally came about for the tournament to start playing all fields in the future????

not sure what you're referring to in grinding axes with Waverly coach---I know nothing about that. Maybe you didn't read my earlier post when I praised the Waverly club---they have and deserve respect for being a very good team this year--hope to see them win the SOC. Also I don't think you heard any of the Eastern team or coaches complaining---they showed up as requested--when requested and ready to play, I think Eastern was very flexible in this case.

Good luck to you coach.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

"I understood that the decision was made at Waverly well in advance to notify everyone timely"

This sounds like an axe to grind.

Never mentioned the Eastern Staff. Just your insinuation that Coach Nobel informed everyone but coach Martin in a timely manner. I am telling you I did call in a timely manner. Ask him.

I am done with the subject. The reason it is being moved is Coach Nobel asked me to do the schedule this year and suggested we move the Finals next year. I sent out an e-mail that Next year the final will be at Eastern 2010 and 2011 finals in Piketon.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

This will be my last post on the matter. Season too short to worry about the past.
I checked my cell and I guess I alone dropped the ball and didn't call Coach Martin until
9:15 which would have been too late to call and stop the kids. We all had a long day as my
kids were there at 9:00 also. Good luck to all involved. Time to focus on league now.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Sounds like WWE to me. :lol: Cant we all just get along? :roll:

Glad everyone had a good day after all was said and done. See you soon bengalfan.

Return to “Baseball”