Eastern Pike Baseball

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Eastern Pike Baseball

Post by OneBunter »

Question I have, is Coach Martin getting the job done? Does not seem to me he is, for the errors and metal mistakes the players are making, does he have them prepared?

Should he resign?

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Pike Baseball

Post by The Ripper »

Why would you post something like this? SEOP Mods need to take crap like this off the board.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

Are you serious? Stupid question.

I agree with The Ripper, take this off the board.

tigernation
Riding the Bench

Post by tigernation »

Mods please.....Don't let this become jjhuddle....

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Here is the problem I have with this. Is it the coaches fault the Outfielder doesn't catch a fly ball. Is it the coaches fault that the infielders don't field and throw the ball? How is it the Coaches fault that the team throws the ball around like a hot potatoe? This is rediculous. I say we blame the parents of Eastern Pike. How many times did you see that your son worked on Baseball this past winter or Fall? How many of your kids played Fall Ball? There were two options Rio Grande on Saturday, Chillicothe on Sunday. Heck if you were very inspired there is Columbus and Cincinnati. I know other kids in Pike County played those leagues. NO You want to come on here and blame a man who basically donates hours of his time to teach your kid the game and you drop the ball by making sure he works in the off season. Shame on you mommy and daddy.
Also If I remember right not too many people were beating on the door wanting the job. Be glad you have someone who has knowledge and love of the game that wants to be there for something other than to pad his retirement.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Very well said Bengal Fan!!!

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Post by The Ripper »

Preach it, brother!!!

jtc
Waterboy

Post by jtc »

well said!!!

E-WADE#8
Waterboy

Post by E-WADE#8 »

well i am one of coach Martins players and, all i have to say is that he is the best coach i have ever had and he will do any thing for any one to help them with their game in fact i remember alot of times i stayed after practice taking his time to get extra ground balls, fly balls , and batting practice. he knows everything about the game. and you couldnt ask for a better coach

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

OneBunter wrote:Question I have, is Coach Martin getting the job done? Does not seem to me he is, for the errors and metal mistakes the players are making, does he have them prepared?

Should he resign?

sounds to me more like the players aren't putting enough time into baseball and focusing to me. coach martin is the right guy for the eagles so leave him alone.

E-WADE#8
Waterboy

Post by E-WADE#8 »

well this is true some players arent putting fourth the effort but yet some players on the team eat, sleep, and breathe baseball but someplayers most definently need to get their heads on straight. But as far as that goes coach Martin is really in the right spot.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

onebunter--I don't know who you are and really don't care, but apparently you have no personal perspective with this team---coach Martin is one of the most dedicated coaches to a program I have ever seen and believe me I have been around this along time and in all sports--girls and boys---he is at the school and/or field practically 24/7. the boys are dedicated players to the program--the ones who weren't have proven that by not lasting til now---we have some inexperience on the team and honestly we are not like Waverly or Burg who are blessed with a plaque of talented baseball players---some of them do not understand fundamentals of the game, some are young, some have been injured, there are many reasons involved, but honestly I'm wondering if you have even been to a game--we've had a frustrating start--6 league games cancelled so far--difficulty getting on the field to practise because of weather, etc, etc, etc---THE BOTTOM LINE YOU CANNOT BLAME A COACH WHEN THE PLAYERS ARE MAKING MISTAKES ON THE FIELD---you need to back off and support this team a little or am I mistaken that you are from Eastern? Coach Martin and the assistant coaches spend excessive time instructing and working on things to improve. I really challenge you to know your facts before speaking (writing) in the future because in this case you are way off base.

Bengalfan--its really not fair to completely blame parents either, sometimes there are just other reasons that a player cannot participate in a fall program--maybe they have other sports to participate in---cannot afford the programs you speak of, have travel issues, etc---that doesn't mean they are not working on skills in other ways to improve. Most of them probably do not work in the off season, but some do and your assumptions are a little off base ----I don't think I have read on this public forum anyone scrutinizing you, your program, your players, or your parents---I'm not sure why you had reason to make referrals to how the boys play or comments about the parents---even though I do realize that you are defending the coach, BUT THANK YOU ANYWAY FOR TAKING UP FOR COACH MARTIN---none of you really know this team or what they are about so its not fair for any of you to be judging this team, their parents, and especially their coaches when you have no clue what they have or have not done to improve.

Coach Martin/Eastern baseball team---hang in there. The season is still very early, who knows what this team will do in another 4 weeks.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

OneBunter wrote:Question I have, is Coach Martin getting the job done? Does not seem to me he is, for the errors and metal mistakes the players are making, does he have them prepared?

Should he resign?

I have not seen this team play yet so I will not comment on the play or coaching. However, if we (eastern supporters) keep running down our coaches, school, community, and parents, then we will never maintain winning programs.

Onebunter should coach all of Eastern's sports so that Eastern could be undefeated in every sport every year. All he ever does is get on here and trash the school's coaches.

I've got a suggestion...if you care so much about Eastern athletics, why don't you help the programs by offering your time to assist these coaches instead of trashing them. In other words, do something to help instead of making the situation worse?

p.s. Is the Conley kid any good at baseball? I was impressed with what I seen out of him a few games this season in basketball.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

thank you eaglesnest for the support--it makes me mad for people to offer so much words of criticism to our programs, our kids, parents, and coaches, but never offer to help in any way--I'm not so sure anyway we'd want someone like onebunter 's constant negative attitude to be involved

its not fair to judge the boys so harshly at this point--they have only one four year player on the roster and due to low numbers are starting freshmen in some spots with inexperience---patience goes a long way and we need to practise some

Adam Conley had been starting at first base and coming along nicely--until he got injured--heard he was cleared yesterday to start playing again, but then also heard the team lost a senior starter and possibly a
another senior pitcher due to injury--so as all can see they've not had the best of luck so far

E-WADE---I want to tell you that you have one of the most encouraging attitudes to your team/coaches that I have seen in a long time---I hear you in the dug-out encouraging the team when you are not on the field and I read your posts on here which are supporting and positive---attitude can take us a long way in life--thank you!!!

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

martin is a good coach and good person. He cant help that 6 players didnt play due to other sports, or whatever the reason was.He has help me make myself better over the off season by spending 2 to 3 hours, 3 nights a week in the weight room and gym. Im not for sure but im thinkin he dont get paid over the offseason and dont have to do that. He has made everyone on the team not only better baseball players but better people. We are a pretty young team and can only get better. the only thing from being 5-1 or 6-0 is E's and u are going to have that with a young team
Last edited by deweese3 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E-WADE#8
Waterboy

Post by E-WADE#8 »

bystander wrote:E-WADE---I want to tell you that you have one of the most encouraging attitudes to your team/coaches that I have seen in a long time---I hear you in the dug-out encouraging the team when you are not on the field and I read your posts on here which are supporting and positive---attitude can take us a long way in life--thank you!!!

Thanks to you I try to always stay posotive and encourage every one.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

onebunter u must be retarded!!!!!!!!,,,martin is one hell of a coach,,please try to be more positive!!!!

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

Should he resign?

seems to me that sum1 is just a straight up hateful person..
i hope he read this and just laughed cause he knows that eastern couldnt ask for a better coach...
dont be writing whatever problems u have wit our schools coach cauz maybe u dont like him for sum reason..
WE DONT CARE WHAT U HAVE TO SAY!!!

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

I agree completely. Tad23....its assholes like that , who's always complaining about things....and it really t's me off that almost every1 is Anti-Eastern.......anti easter...!!!!!,,,,onebunter u really need2 appologize 2 coach martin...he doesn't deserve that kinda dis-respect!!!!!!/.....ura Hell of a coach,,,,COACH MARTIN!!!!!!!

Return to “Baseball”