Green Bobcats

Bobcatbeliever
Riding the Bench

Green Bobcats

Post by Bobcatbeliever »

Who is # 10 and # 12 for green because when i watched the clay game they killed the ball but was batting #8 and #9 anyone know why?

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Re: Green Bobcats

Post by catscoachmac »

#10 is Tyler Hughes and #12 is Mike Avery.

When coaches determine a lineup one of the things they have to think about is the kind of pitches players will receive according to where they are hitting in the lineup--and figure out how to make them successful. For example, your 3 and 4 hitters will of course get most of a pitchers attention and see every different pitch he can throw; whereas, 8-9 guys will mainly see only fastballs. These 2 were struggling with off speed pitches in BP during early practices so they were put in a spot to be successful. Because they are good players they have since adjusted and 1 of them has moved up in lineup since Clay and another has expressed that he is most comfortable hitting where he was, so he has remained there trying not to mess with his hot streak.

Very, very valid question though Bobcatbeliever. Keep coming to watch and supporting the Cats!

Bobcatbeliever
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobcatbeliever »

Well with them batting well wouldn't you want to give them a chance to produce runs?

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

With them hitting well and being on base for the top of the order when the lineup turns over, they are producing runs. Again, I think you're making a great argument. Something I should've added when you asked who the 2 are is that they are respectively a freshman and a sophomore. Lineups are a fluid thing throughout the course of a season, and we're only 5 games in. They could very well be hitting closer to the top after getting more varsity experience.

Bobcatbeliever
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobcatbeliever »

oh well if they are young then i understand why they are that far down gaining them experince.
Good Move coach

Return to “Baseball”