Riding the Bench

Re: Records of Division 4 teams in Southeast District

Post by bwalker »

Whiteoak is 9-9.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

With a win Tuesday against Unioto and a loss last night to Zane Trace, Paint Valley is now 14-6.

643DP
Waterboy

Post by 643DP »

Flying Dutchman, please tell me ur not serious. Do you honestly believe SJ is the #1? Who have they played? How often do they play? PV has beaten much tougher teams this year and will have the same number of victories come draw time.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Sorry, the Unioto win made PV 14-6 and then the ZT loss makes them currently 14-7.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

While I am biased towards my Flyers, they certainly have a strong case for the #1 seed. Paint Valley is a good team that plays in a very tough league. I am not sure though that beating Eastern, Western(2), Piketon, Southeastern, West Union and Whiteoak makes up for losing 7 games. As far as how often SJ plays, they cannot control the weather and the fact that Western canceled their game with
5 hours before it was to start. SJ has also had games against Manchester and Coal Grove canceled that could not be made up due to those 2 teams needing to make up league games.

SJ has their hands full next week with games against Northwest, Peake, Fairview(ky)and CG. Anyway it should be an interesting drawing on Sunday. GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obpg
Waterboy

Post by obpg »

Just because pv has played more games does not make them the one seed. pv may play a tougher schedule, but for the most part schedules are done well before the season starts, so it is tough to predict who will be good or not.

Both teams look like they are having good seasons. Thought I read somewhere that pv lost to a winless team. Is that true 643dp?

643DP
Waterboy

Post by 643DP »

Yes PV lost to NY 4-2 in the back end of a double header, yes they were playing several JV kids and throwing there 4 and 5 pitchers, but a loss is a loss. I just think that you have to consider playing teams like Adena, ZT, Westfall, Unioto, Huntington night in and night out shows alot about a team. They took Adena into extra innings one night and lost by 1. Then were tied into the 6th with them the following night before losing by a couple runs. Only playing about 2 games a week doesnt show how you really are. I believe Harvest Christian is like 1-4. How deep is St. Joe's pitching? Have they had to use more than 2 pitchers the entire season. The SVC teams play 6 games a week usually. Some of the teams St. Joe plays on a regular basis hasn't played 6 games all year. You can't blame the weather, the teams are not that far apart. The weather is not that much different. I think either way, St. Joe and PV go 1 and 2. I think playing the teams PV does definatly helps them going into the tourney. They have faced probably the best pitching in the SE district this year in Skaggs, Barnes, and Magill.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

If most of the teams in Div would play St Joe's schedule the to would be Undefeated. I would say that if St Joe would play in the S.O.C II or the SVC they would be below 500. JMO

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

Green is now 5-5.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:While I am biased towards my Flyers, they certainly have a strong case for the #1 seed. Paint Valley is a good team that plays in a very tough league. I am not sure though that beating Eastern, Western(2), Piketon, Southeastern, West Union and Whiteoak makes up for losing 7 games. As far as how often SJ plays, they cannot control the weather and the fact that Western canceled their game with
5 hours before it was to start. SJ has also had games against Manchester and Coal Grove canceled that could not be made up due to those 2 teams needing to make up league games.

SJ has their hands full next week with games against Northwest, Peake, Fairview(ky)and CG. Anyway it should be an interesting drawing on Sunday. GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call the Piketon coach I'm sure he will play you..... :lol: We'll see if they are cupcakes!!!!! :122245

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Noone called Piketon a cupcake but they are several games under .500 . It is amazing how everyone on here wants a school with 65 students(boys & girls) to play schools with 300-400 students. St. Joe is a Div 4 team and come tourney time they only have to worry about other Div 4 teams. The drawing is tomorrow and then everyone will know when and where and it all can be settled on the field.

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

In the West:

1. St. Joe
2. Paint Valley
3. Manchester
4. Whiteoak
5. Green
6.Fairfield
7. Clay
8. Sciotoville East
9. Notre Dame
10. Western

In the East:

1.Eastern-Meigs
2.Symmes Valley
3. Southern
4. South Webster
5. Trimble
6. Eastern-Pike
7. South Gallia
8. Oak Hill
9. Miller
10. Waterford

St. Joe will play the winner of Sciotoville and Notre Dame. Sciotoville and Notre Dame play at Sciotoville on 5/11, and the winner will play St. Joe on 5/14. I'm almost sure that St. Joe will use either Coal Groves field or Irontons new field if it's ready for their home field in the sectional finals. Good luck to all teams!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

643DP wrote:Flying Dutchman, please tell me ur not serious. Do you honestly believe SJ is the #1? Who have they played? How often do they play? PV has beaten much tougher teams this year and will have the same number of victories come draw time.

I think Dutch was way serious and evidently most of the coaches agreed today at the seeding meeting. Good job Flyers! congrats on the # 1 seed. Keep'em coming one game at a time!

GO FLYERS!!!

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

crafty left-hander wrote:In the West:

1. St. Joe
2. Paint Valley
3. Manchester
4. Whiteoak
5. Green
6.Fairfield
7. Clay
8. Sciotoville East
9. Notre Dame
10. Western

In the East:

1.Eastern-Meigs
2.Symmes Valley
3. Southern
4. South Webster
5. Trimble
6. Eastern-Pike
7. South Gallia
8. Oak Hill
9. Miller
10. Waterford

St. Joe will play the winner of Sciotoville and Notre Dame. Sciotoville and Notre Dame play at Sciotoville on 5/11, and the winner will play St. Joe on 5/14. I'm almost sure that St. Joe will use either Coal Groves field or Irontons new field if it's ready for their home field in the sectional finals. Good luck to all teams!

And this also means that Paint Valley will play the winner of Clay and Western? Am I right with that?

643DP
Waterboy

Post by 643DP »

I have to believe that PV got an easier first round game than St. Joe. I have seen Notre Dame play and they are an average hitting team. Will be interesting come districts seeing some possible rematches of last years tourney. Good Luck to all the teams.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Can't believe ND's coach didn't argue for a higher seed! :roll:

643DP
Waterboy

Post by 643DP »

Have heard rumors he wasnt even there. If so, it definatly cost his team a few seeds.

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

It is true that ND's coach did not show up for the drawing.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

maybe he was at church

obpg
Waterboy

Post by obpg »

If he was "at church" why he did not make other arrangements? He could have got an assistant coach, AD, or even a trusted parent to go.

Return to “Baseball”