Congrats to Ironton St Joe!!!

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Re: Congrats to Ironton St Joe!!!

Post by Frank Reagan »

Fr Glockner wrote:As far as the schedule goes, let's support these kids. They have no control over that.

And neither do you.

The more I think of it, Father, you sound like an old talking horse I remember from TV.

p.s. Stop by the game, that is, if Wilbur lets you out.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

My bad, My bad.
Sorry to rain on your parade.

Good luck to St. Joe the rest of the season, and good luck against Harvest Christian tonight. :122249

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

congrats to the flyers...keep it rolling!

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

Another good win for the Flyers tonight against Harvest Christian. Now 12-0! Big game tomorrow evening against River Valley. Hope we can keep the perfect record rolling!

play ball
Waterboy

Post by play ball »

I don't care what anyone says, Harvest Christian is a very good ball club. Historically maybe they've been weak but their top 4 or 5 batters are solid hitters and they have a short stop that doesn't miss much at all. All around excellent fielding. Tonight was a hard fought come from beind win and nothing to be ashamed of by St. Joe.

Go Flyers next stop River Valley.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Just wondering if we could get a copy of they're schedule up on this page?...Obviously the boys have done all they can do so you can't put them down..Congrats on 12-0

But if River Valley is a big game then you aren't going to make it out of Districts..Take it to the bank..

Why not try to schedule some tough teams & get the boys ready for the post-season???!!!..Strength of schedule has always been horrible to St. Joe..Am I wrong?..

But why not play some big schools w/a decent program?..You'll only benefit even if you do lose..

You'll more than likely see good pitching like you do in Districts & beyond & you challenge your boys to step up & field the ball off of better bats..

But hey if just getting ranked is all you want you got it..

But all of the BS aside the boys have stepped up to every challenge & won everything so far. So Congrats!..

I Hope you are deserving & didn't just put a target on your back!!!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Good job by Coach Bryant and the Flyers. Play them one at a time and don't let the naysayers get to you.

I have a St Joe schedule and I did a check on the number of boys attending these schools and there isn't one school on the St Joe schedule smaller than them. The boy total ranges from 35 at Harvest Christian to 192 at Northwest. The St Joe total in case anyone is interested is 16. You can find all of the Ohio totals at the OHSAA website.

For all you real baseball fans, like me ;-) , I still have my copy of the St Joe schedule from the Sunday March 29th Ironton paper. It had all of the local team's rosters and schedules. Good Luck to the Flyers, their coaches and fans, the rest of the season.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

redeagle wrote:Just wondering if we could get a copy of they're schedule up on this page?...Obviously the boys have done all they can do so you can't put them down..Congrats on 12-0

But if River Valley is a big game then you aren't going to make it out of Districts..Take it to the bank..

Why not try to schedule some tough teams & get the boys ready for the post-season???!!!..Strength of schedule has always been horrible to St. Joe..Am I wrong?..

But why not play some big schools w/a decent program?..You'll only benefit even if you do lose..

You'll more than likely see good pitching like you do in Districts & beyond & you challenge your boys to step up & field the ball off of better bats..

But hey if just getting ranked is all you want you got it..

But all of the BS aside the boys have stepped up to every challenge & won everything so far. So Congrats!..

I Hope you are deserving & didn't just put a target on your back!!!

Great, we can put all the equipment up til next year. :122245

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

If River Valley is a big game, then I am King of, wait I already am. :122249

My thinking is, if you know you are going to have a good team back from the previous year, then you should schedule 4-5 really tough games to see where you are and challenge your team a little. Just thinking. I could care less about numbers in schools, that never tells me anything. I have seen some pretty bad D1 schools before. With this schedule, Sectionals and Districts will be a very tough thing for this team. Webster and Paint Valley, in my honest opinion, is better.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

Regulator wrote:If River Valley is a big game, then I am King of, wait I already am. :122249

My thinking is, if you know you are going to have a good team back from the previous year, then you should schedule 4-5 really tough games to see where you are and challenge your team a little. Just thinking. I could care less about numbers in schools, that never tells me anything. I have seen some pretty bad D1 schools before. With this schedule, Sectionals and Districts will be a very tough thing for this team. Webster and Paint Valley, in my honest opinion, is better.

ok, thank you (on one knee with head bowed)

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

FlyersBaseball it is really hard for some to just say congrats and good luck. Hang in there and keep playing well. Again Good Luck Flyers and congrats on your season so far.

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

XandOs wrote:And neither do you.
Why so sensitive? No one criticized the team. No one criticized the coaching. Just stated that some local flavoring to the schedule would be nice. I think you've got something special going on there ... why not let the other Lawrence County teams get a first hand taste of "FlyersBaseball" (pun intended)? I would love to see you load up the St. Joe baseball team on the fire truck in June and ride around town with a big old state championship trophy.

Fr Glockner wrote:"Wake up the echoes".
Sorry about the Notre Dame reference. I thought that was sort of common knowledege to mean "stir up the alumni, something special is going on at the old alma mater". In particular, I thought that would have special meaning to the St. Joe crowd.

At the end of the day, we're all on the same page. We want to see the purple and gold successful. Go Flyers!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Bleeding Red started a thread that says,"Congrats to Ironton St Joe!!!" stay on topic!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Great job Greg and all the boys at St Joe. heres to a long long post season run this year!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RiverRatRay wrote:Bleeding Red started a thread that says,"Congrats to Ironton St Joe!!!" stay on topic!

It never fails that some people like Regulator and FrGlockner are know all end alls that cant just say a simple "congrats". Truth be told, they probably never swung a bat of wore a glove a day in their lives and just cant stand the thought of a local team doing well, if it is not their team (which I believe the one of them has very close ties to St. Joe :roll: .

Good job Flyers. All you can do is play the schedule in front of you and win, which you have done and hopefully will continue to do.

And for the scheduling naysayers, it is hard to schedule many local teams when they are all responsible for getting in conference games. Many times they are scheduled, but do to rain makeups, they have to cancel their non conference games to get in conference games. So I completely understand why the AD doesnt go after more local teams on the schedule. It would leave many games on their schedule in limbo, after they had already allocated those times to fill their schedule, and are responsible for the limited number of umpires in our area to work those games. I also know first hand that the AD has approached a couple schools, one with a very solid track record in the baseball program for added games this year, but due to conference requirements on their part, it couldnt happen.

So before you bite off more than you can chew, you should know the people and the effort behind leading ANY team to a 12-0 start to the year and a early season #1 state ranking in ANY division.

I am not even from Lawrence Co and I get it. Start getting behind the local teams. It is quite and accomplishment and I can assure you that Coach Bryant and team are looking at bigger things this year than a 12-0 start.

Good work to the boys and coaches. Keep it up.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

:122245 Win number 13 is officially on the books. On to East tomorrow and South Gallia on Thursday.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Flyers go to 13-0 with a 13-6 win at river valley tonight. Good job FLYERS! keep the "average" wins coming. :roll: LOL

GO FLYERS!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

#1.............

Way to go Flyers, keep up the hard work.

gaylord focker
Waterboy

Post by gaylord focker »

Keep it up guys wins are wins and nothing else matters! GO JOE!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

tabasco wrote::122245 Win number 13 is officially on the books. On to East tomorrow and South Gallia on Thursday.

Well i heard The Joe moved to 14-0 with a mercy rule win in 5 innings at east last evening. Play at south gallia tonight-weather permitting. Game with south gallia at home was a 1 run ball game.I'm hopeing that the Flyers can go to mercerville and get a big win.

GP FLYERS!!!

Return to “Baseball”