Will Tim Martin Leave Minford?

oldcoachb
JV Team

Will Tim Martin Leave Minford?

Post by oldcoachb »

I know as one of my best friends, he's really frustrated with the way things are going. This would kill the Minford program. I feel if a good baseball school came calling, he will be gone. :122247

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Will Tim Martin Leave Minford?

Post by bengalfan76 »

I think he will be there 4/5 more years

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bengalfan76 wrote:I think he will be there 4/5 more years

Lets hope so.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i just hope he stays in this area, he makes the entire league beter

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Yes he does. He really does a lot for all the kids around here. Great guy.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

oldcoachb wrote:I know as one of my best friends, he's really frustrated with the way things are going. This would kill the Minford program. I feel if a good baseball school came calling, he will be gone. :122247

Can you give a little more detail on why he is frustrated? Is it the players, parents, school, funding or something totally different?

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

He is not going anywhere, why start that crap!!!!!

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

Little doggy is right, he isn't going anywhere, and this topic shouldn't have started. He will be there for at least another 4 years, and i honestly think he'll stay longer than that.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

We would take him at Portsmouth in a heartbeat!........going to have a brand new baseball field to play on.....come on down!

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

stay away p-town!!!! Tobias may want the same thing you do.

I hope Tim stays another 10+ years.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

minford was very young last year. one SR.. pappy will be in minford ... next year.....

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

little doggy wrote:He is not going anywhere, why start that crap!!!!!

When you get more Burg kids than Minford kids showing up for his camps, then there is a real lack of desire to succeed here. The man is a winner and wants to win!Either the kids will show up and work hard, or he will be somewhere where they do.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

oldcoachb wrote:

When you get more Burg kids than Minford kids showing up for his camps, then there is a real lack of desire to succeed here. The man is a winner and wants to win!Either the kids will show up and work hard, or he will be somewhere where they do.

That is a very justified statement. Coach Martin doesnt take kindly to kids who do not want to be there giving 100%. Now there is a huge aura around Minford football, and even though that is great, some kids dont want to practice or be as competitive in baseball.

In the past few years Martin has had a good amount of kids that he has been working with from Burg, Valley, heck even as far away as Ironton. But there doesnt seem to be as many kids from Minford putting in the time as there should be. Martin is a resource that other schools seem to be tapping into rather than the kids at Minford.

I am sure that he doesnt want to be anywhere else but Minford, but Martin is a winner, and he will win at Minford or somewhere else.

Minford parents- get your kids focused on the baseball program in the winter time and take advantage of one of the best coaches in southern Ohio while you kid has the opportunity.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

oldcoachb wrote:

I don't remember hearing about any camps? When were they? Was this for HS only or the young kids like 4,5,6th graders?

luv of the game
Waterboy

Post by luv of the game »

Tim's "camps" are through the winter months into February. All Kids that pitch or want batting practice can come. Tim works with the pitchers and Valley's coach, Dean, works mainly with batting. My son has been there for the last 3 yrs. and it's been worth every penny spent! Just get in touch with one of them and they will schedule you a time slot. They live in the field house at Minford.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

My son has also been with Dean every winter since he was 10 yrs old. He is now 13 and what a difference Dean has made with him.

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

Minford just wouldnt be the same without him....he isnt going any where!!!!!.....he helps kids throughout the area cuz when a person has potential to play at the next level it doesnt matter to him what school they are from!!......he will remain at Minford for years to come

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

coach Martin and coach Schuler are both class acts. They both have worked with my son for several years now and he would not be where he is today without their knowledge and instruction. Our area is truely blessed to have these guys available to develope the baseball skills in our kids. It would be a shame to lose such an asset to the school and community.

Tigerfan31
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigerfan31 »

Well put Buldog

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

luv of the game wrote:Tim's "camps" are through the winter months into February. All Kids that pitch or want batting practice can come. Tim works with the pitchers and Valley's coach, Dean, works mainly with batting. My son has been there for the last 3 yrs. and it's been worth every penny spent! Just get in touch with one of them and they will schedule you a time slot. They live in the field house at Minford.

How much do they charge? I had no idea this was going on in the winter it must be word of mouth.

Return to “Baseball”