River Valley needs coach

hound dog
Waterboy

River Valley needs coach

Post by hound dog »

The position for Varsity Baseball Coach has been posted. Anyone interested needs to send a letter of interest to Principal Halley ASAP.
They have a pretty good group of boys just need someone who knows the game to step up and coach them.

hound dog
Waterboy

Re: River Valley needs coach

Post by hound dog »

I agree that statement comes from ignorance. Anyone who knows the game and has a love for it could coach these boys. Win or loose know that with respect for the kids and the game they have accomplished something posative in these boys lives. Thats the problem today, its win or nothing and to hell with the lessons learned thats why so many kids after hitting junior high give up on sports.

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

I correct myself aswell, the Rebels were 9-7 last year.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

DASANI wrote:That is just stupid. Look what happened at South Galiia the past three years. They went from winning 4 games a year to 11-2 and beating the #1 team in the state in ironton st joe. So with a little hard work and will and love for the game anything can happen.

St. Joe may have been ranked by the Coaches as #1, due to a VERY, VERY weak schedule, but I knew South Gallia would win one of the games against the Flyers. ISJ didn't make it out of Districts remember!? I think that showed how tough a team they were.

However South Gallia's program IS on the upswing! No reason why River Valley shouldn't be as well.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

redeagle wrote:
DASANI wrote:That is just stupid. Look what happened at South Galiia the past three years. They went from winning 4 games a year to 11-2 and beating the #1 team in the state in ironton st joe. So with a little hard work and will and love for the game anything can happen.

St. Joe may have been ranked by the Coaches as #1, due to a VERY, VERY weak schedule, but I knew South Gallia would win one of the games against the Flyers. ISJ didn't make it out of Districts remember!? I think that showed how tough a team they were.

However South Gallia's program IS on the upswing! No reason why River Valley shouldn't be as well.

I dont know why you think putting St Joe down is going to make you feel better, but it must. And no I am not from St Joe either!

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Bleeding Red wrote:
redeagle wrote:

I dont know why you think putting St Joe down is going to make you feel better, but it must. And no I am not from St Joe either!

If you have ever read any of my posts I never put the St. Joe program down. All I simply did was state facts. If any of their boys took it that way I apologize, they won what 14 in a row, they beat whoever their A.D. put them on the field against until South Gallia late in the season. However South Gallia is no powerhouse (on the upswing) but still no powerhouse program.

I am just disappointed in the fact they can't get any games against teams with better programs. I think this would help them for tournament by getting AB's from better pitching, and getting themself into defensive situations they may not be put into all season.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I thought that I understood that the coach from last year would be there again. He was the best that they have had in my memory. If he is returning and can get the boys out, I think that he will see steady improvement.

BOHICA
All Conference

Post by BOHICA »

sandman wrote:I thought that I understood that the coach from last year would be there again. He was the best that they have had in my memory. If he is returning and can get the boys out, I think that he will see steady improvement.

Sandman,

I agree he really seemed to want to improve the program. I know they were young last season but they didn't beat themselves with errors like they did in the past. It takes time and consistancy to build a program hopefully they can find a coach that will invest that time.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

It can be done at RV. At one time they were in the middle of the pack in the SEOAL with a victory over a Jackson team that was at the time ranked #4.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Must have killed this topic. :122246

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Who si the principal at RV?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i did a stint at rvhs we competed in the seoal.jus didnt have the pitching to put us over the top. the culture may have changed but they dont support baseball an definitally your salary is way under market value for the position. i send my good luck to the men i seen where they hired 2 same guys for varsity and jv maybe a misprint. river valley has some good fans. :mrgreen:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Where did these guys come from?

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

River Valley need coaches in everything.

Return to “Baseball”