TVC-Ohio 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

bengalfan76
SE

Re: TVC-Ohio 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^^^
sorry with the players coming through the system right now. Athens will control the league

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Orange and Brown wrote:
1. Athens
2. Alexander
3. Meigs
4. Nelsonville-York
5. Vinton County
6.Belpre
7.Wellston

Wellston last? are you dumb? they're loaded with talent again this yr. and will win the tvc.
heres how i see it
1. Wellston
2. Athens
3. Alexander
4. Meigs
5. Belpre
6. Vinton County
7. NY

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

goldenboy wrote:Orange and Brown wrote:
1. Athens
2. Alexander
3. Meigs
4. Nelsonville-York
5. Vinton County
6.Belpre
7.Wellston

Wellston last? are you dumb? they're loaded with talent again this yr. and will win the tvc.
heres how i see it
1. Wellston
2. Athens
3. Alexander
4. Meigs
5. Belpre
6. Vinton County
7. NY

Are you 12?

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

No actually im 18....and umm if you think ny has a chance at beating wellston this yr. ur wrong!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston and Athens will battle this out on the diamond .

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Belpre returns all their key guys from last year. The only kids that made an impact for Wellsont last year was Lockard and Cailles(speling) and if im correct they are both gone. They do have a couple of other nice plyers as well as a great coach. Ahthens lost CLine which if it wasnt for him Belpre would have beaten them twice. Athens as well has a great coach and play great fundamental ball. ITs anyones game this year.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

what will determine this championship is pitching,which athens has plenty of. baseball is getting closer and closer!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It's almost time!! I can here the ping of the bats now!!!!!!

captin midnight
Waterboy

Post by captin midnight »

Crazy Legs wrote:
Keyser_soze78 wrote:Wellston will not finish last in the TVC Ohio in 2010.

I guarantee it.

Maybe not but as long as the :122248 "Head Coach" :122248 is there they will not be much above last place.

I believe that the "Head Coach" played collegiate baseball at Rio Grande, so to imply that he doesn't know how to coach, that just shows your lack of intelligence. His record is far above average, and to say Wellston does not have talent, you’re wrong. Wellston always has talent in baseball and will continue to have talent. For you to say these statements "Crazy Legs", it shows your ignorance and nescience. Wait, do you know what that means or will you Google it right now; should I explain that to you, because it sounds like your lacking intelligence!

Oh yeah, Go Rockets, bring the TVC title Home

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

you must be saxocolous. oh are you going to go google that? cause i think you lacking intelligence. anyone can play the big word game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC has a few good pitchers back and coming up...I dont think they have what it takes to win th league, but I do see them knocking off a couple of the top teams. This will be an interesting year on the diamond!

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Can't wait to start play and see my many friends around the area.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In High School Baseball ... You can win a league championship if you have a descent team - equipped with one outstanding pitcher.

Athens has one awesome hurler (Dean Maffin) and another who really came on during legion ball last summer (Colton Noftz). Those two alone would keep an o.k. baseball team in the race ... but when you consider Athens losses ONE STARTER FROM A TEAM THAT WENT 12-0 IN THE LEAGUE ... the TVC-OHIO better come up with something special if there going to beat the Bulldogs on the baseball diamond.

PATCH - is one of the best CF and leadoff hitters in the entire area ... DOUGLAS CHAPMAN looks like a 230 LB monster after he bulked up for this past football season ... MAFFIN is equipped with a special arm, throws heat and threw some pitches last season that had me believing he might just be the best pitcher Athens has had since Corey Corrigan in the late 80's ... The Bulldogs also bring back a very important position player in (catcher KYLE DEAN) - He was an ALL-LEAGUE selection, and just like Noftz, really developed during Legion ball ... I know he spent some time down around Cincinnati playing for a traveling team so baseball is definitly his strong suit ... With him possibly in the 3-spot and Chapman hitting clean-up ... Ouch, that's a tough combo.

Although baseball is a funny sport where anything can happen on a given day, I would be very surprised if Athens losses a single league game this year - there that good. They might even be as good as the 2003 team that featured Grant Gregory & Chris Hewitt ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Uhhhhhhh .... Sorry Gibby .... I keep adding more & more pressure to your season and you haven't even hit the field yet ... lol

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Dundas wrote:VC has a few good pitchers back and coming up...I dont think they have what it takes to win th league, but I do see them knocking off a couple of the top teams. This will be an interesting year on the diamond!

I agree. I dont see VC being a threat to win the league, but I think they will be vastly improved.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Wellston will win the league this yr! This week started prac. and Wellston already looks to be firing on all cylenders with jeff matteson and ryan darnell both looking very good and they have cody wilkett coming back after taking a yr. off for track adds just another great athlete to the team also watch out for jake arthur and at 1st base dont think he had 1 error all last yr. and derrick loudermilk will give them a good bat in the middle of the line up!
Go Rockets!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Be careful there golden , there are some good teams in the league . This looks to be another in a long history of good baseball for Wellston . I caution you not to set yourself or the team up for a fall. Remember its just the first week of practice and with the tragic accident accuring with Grant (who was a big part of this team) there is alot of baseball t be played . I think the Rockets can win the league ,but this will not be a easy task especially with Athens and their resources in the league. They have talent as they always do . I think the whole league is pretty good this year top to bottom.
Good Luck to the Rockets!

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Believe me Boiler I know what your saying but wellston appears to be on a mission this year. Yes Grant will be a hard player to replace but from what I have saw it seems that some more young players are stepping up to the challenge and with a leader like Ryan Darnell and Cody Wilkett on that team they should be the fav. to win the league at least in my eyes!

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

What about Belpre? They are returning a lot of good players, including solid pitching.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

goldenboy ... I don't doubt Wellston will have a good team - but favored? Athens was 12-0 last year in the league and lost one starter ... JARED CLINE was one heck of a player and will be missed - but Athens IMO will be a better team this year than last ... TREY HARRIS could have started at shortstop on a lot of other teams last season - but had to sit behind Cline unless Jared was pitching. DEAN MAFFIN was the Bulldogs 1A starting pitcher last year - and some could even say Athens was better with him on the mound and Cline at short. MAFFIN is still only a junior, but after seeing pitch all spring and summer - the kid is as good as any pitcher in Southeastern Ohio ... Coming from a former catcher (I caught from the time I was 10 years old till I was 18) the stuff Maffin can throw is pretty impressive ... I always watch games from behind the backstop and his breaking stuff and change-up are just wicked for a high school pitcher ... Not sure how is fastball looks this spring, but most kids really develope arm strength around the ages of 14, 15 and 16 - which tells me he probably added a few MPH to the heater.

Depending on weather, Wellston will have to face Athens twice during different parts of the season ... So most likely, if the Golden Rockets want to win the TVC-Ohio, there going to have to beat Maffin twice - and do it with their bats cause the kid throws strikes and doesn't walk a lot of batters.

2010 should be an exciting & fun season that's for sure - but - nobody can really predict who will win the league or do well in the tournament, we will all just have to wait and see.

Return to “Baseball”