Re: Who will win the SOC 1 in 2010

Who will win the SOC 1 in 2010

Total votes: 0

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Re: Who will win the SOC 1 in 2010

Post by PopCorn »

Have to go with the Vikings in 2010. Should be very solid in every position provided no injuries.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Re: SOC1 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by bulkmove »

I think the league will come down to Symmes Valley and N.D. again

Clay- should be better and they have some kids who really enjoy the game, new coach I believe.

East- Have some athletic kids in the school, but nobody wants to play baseball. They have a coach who knows the game.

Western- not sure about what they have

Eastern- think they lost some pitching, coach is trying to build a program!!! Should compete

Green- heard they may have a new coach this year. To much drama with parents, coaches, board, etc... Not sure if support is there.

New Boston- are they having a team? Heard a rumor that they were just going to drop the sport at the school.

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

I know Symmes Valley lost a good number of seniors last year, they usually don't have a problem with refueling. Can someone update us on who they have coming up this year?

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

I hear that Eastern will be rebuilding this year. Lost a couple players to the family moving and a few to tranferring. They have only two players returning; one junior and one sophomore. Heard Anthony Edler and Kole Wheeler are planning on playing this year. Also heard that there were approximately 30 kids sign up. Hope they all come out, this would be a big boost for the Eagle's baseball program. We might be young and inexperienced, but it looks as if we have some decent talent in this years freshman class and coming up over the next few years.
Looking forward to this season, and I believe Coach Martin will put together a competitive team and have them ready when it is time to play.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

OneBunter wrote:I hear that Eastern will be rebuilding this year. Lost a couple players to the family moving and a few to tranferring. They have only two players returning; one junior and one sophomore. Heard Anthony Edler and Kole Wheeler are planning on playing this year. Also heard that there were approximately 30 kids sign up. Hope they all come out, this would be a big boost for the Eagle's baseball program. We might be young and inexperienced, but it looks as if we have some decent talent in this years freshman class and coming up over the next few years.
Looking forward to this season, and I believe Coach Martin will put together a competitive team and have them ready when it is time to play.

Onebunter must be turning over a new leaf? Did you just give martin some credit?

I wish the Eagles well next season. The loss of DeWeese will set next years team back there is no doubt about that. The team will be young and inexperienced. When is the last time Wheeler and Edler played baseball? I hope they can help the team.

Catcher_09
Waterboy

Post by Catcher_09 »

Anthony Edler hasn't played since his sophomore year. He quit his Junior year to run track. Kole Wheeler hasn't played any High School ball. I would not hold me breathe on Kole or some others who say they will come out considering their was 28 kids that signed up last year and we began the season with 16 I believe and ended with 10. I hope Eastern does have a very young team becuase of the simple fact if Coach Martin gets a young team he will be able to do wonders with them if they pay attention and listen. They need to show heart out on the field.

Primetime
Waterboy

Post by Primetime »

from what I hear Coach Martin is impressed with kole wheeler's arm even though he hasnt pitched in a few years...

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Green's new head Baseball coach is Dan McDaivd, Dan
will do a good job coached Green to a State Final 4 in
Class A in 1986. I think we will bring it back to the top
teams in SOC I. Good Luck to the Cats.

Eagles8
Waterboy

Post by Eagles8 »

From what I hear Eastern is going to be a very young team... but the talent is there for them to go far they just gotta work hard at it. I hear there is around 25 kids that signed up and approximately 10-13 play basketball and there are about 5 that show up to pracitce on a regular basis. what is going on with the rest of the team? If they want to do something this year then the rest of the team has to get out and work just as hard as the rest!! but to the 5 that do show up congrats way to show dedication. KEEP IT UP AND YOU WILL SEE GREAT IMPROVEMENTS!!!

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

Eastern looks "promising" every year, always some "new talent", should be able to "compete"

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Clay is going to have a solid team this year. The team is already lifting everyday and hitting. There doing everything you can think of im excited for this season!!!

scarlet and grey
Waterboy

Post by scarlet and grey »

Symmes Valley will be very good this year and will have more depth on the bench than the past two years

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Notre Dame will be returning 7 starters, and adding to its already bench depth
will be the addition of several freshmen capable of winning a starting position.

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

scarlet and grey wrote:Symmes Valley will be very good this year and will have more depth on the bench than the past two years

How is that true? Who do they have coming up? They lost seven seniors. Are you dense?

Fighting Falcon
Waterboy

Post by Fighting Falcon »

bulkmove wrote:I think the league will come down to Symmes Valley and N.D. again

Clay- should be better and they have some kids who really enjoy the game, new coach I believe.

East- Have some athletic kids in the school, but nobody wants to play baseball. They have a coach who knows the game.

Western- not sure about what they have

Eastern- think they lost some pitching, coach is trying to build a program!!! Should compete

Green- heard they may have a new coach this year. To much drama with parents, coaches, board, etc... Not sure if support is there.

New Boston- are they having a team? Heard a rumor that they were just going to drop the sport at the school.

No New Boston Isn't Having A Team This Year, But I Haven't Heard Anything About Dropping The Sport From Their School. Some Of The Kid's That Play Tennis Need To Get Out And Play Baseball As Well. It Isn't Far To Some Of The Kids That Want To Play Baseball But Don't Get The Chance Because No One Wants To Play.

Brooks Hatlen
Waterboy

Post by Brooks Hatlen »

Heard that Symmes graduated 7 or 8 starters, any truth to this? If so, I know they still always field a strong team every year, but how can you consider them complete favorites with that many new starters coming in?
The new coach at Clay will be fine, have heard he really knows his stuff. Have heard that Clay now has around 6-7 players showing up everyday after school to lift. Hopefully this will pay off for them when the season rolls around.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Clay has all there players in lifting right now. Only one player isnt making it "Burchett" because he is in basketball right now.

foot123ball
Waterboy

Post by foot123ball »

Symmes

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

foot123ball wrote:Symmes

Symmes, huh.
Now where did I see foot123ball post before?

scarlet and grey
Waterboy

Post by scarlet and grey »

Symmes Valley has a lot of new faces this year, many of whom have not played baseball in several years but they are exceptional athletes who will catch on very quickly. I am not saying that the nine starters will be better than last year's nine but the team as a whole will be more athletic and will have more depth.

Return to “Baseball”