Warren Warriors 09-10

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: Warren Warriors 09-10

Post by soccerfix »

JohnKnight wrote:rule 1.4.3....no players on the same team shall wear identical numbers.

Why did Warren have Two players wearing #13 ?

Does anybody have an answer for this? Next step what is the penalty?

Farr
Riding the Bench

Post by Farr »

Not that this needs to be answered but since you are pressing. Waverlys Coach and his staff were made aware of this before hand and they had absolutely no problem with it. Our double numbers (we had three of them) are fresh/sophs who have been moved up at some point during the season. We have ONLY one senior and a limited number of uniforms. Maybe you forgot that this was high school baseball and a good game at that. We did have our names on the back of our unis so it is very unlikely that we could "sneak" a guy in there if that is what you are insinuating. Our lineup consisted of one senior, 4 juniors and 4 sophs. Our entire outfield were sophomores, as is our catcher. I hope that answers your question. Last I looked, this game is about the kids and to continue to bring up the uniforms only takes away from a game that was played well by both teams.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

soccerfix wrote:
JohnKnight wrote:rule 1.4.3....no players on the same team shall wear identical numbers.

The umpires didn't have a problem with it so there will be no penalty! It is baseball!! Who cares about the numbers on the uni??

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

How's THAT for an answer? The truth is, both these boys like the # because they were both born on the 13th day of the month on the 13th month of the year!! In the same county of OHIO. On a Thursday!! See Ya...................

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

Im confused.... :122248 Does that mean it was leap year :lol:........I know ..... the rest of the team didn't get the memo that it was DAVE CONCEPCION DAY. :razz:

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Orange and Brown wrote:
soccerfix wrote:

The umpires didn't have a problem with it so there will be no penalty! It is baseball!! Who cares about the numbers on the uni??

So the local umpires don't have a problem with it. You might not be so lucky playing in a state organized tournament with umpires that have a problem with it. There is a rule that states it is illegal. Which makes it illegal. So maybe the smart attitude might need to be polished with umpires that adhere to the rule book.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Watch...I'll make you a bet that the Warren coaches are well aware of this and aren't going to take the whole JV team to Chillicothe.

I don't know why everyone is suddenly hating on Big Blue....just because we're winning good games?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Stay focused blue and keep playing as ONE.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Good luck tomorrow nite against Circleville. All of WARRIOR NATION is behind u. I believe the local radio station will have the Warriors on the AIR for the supporters who can't make the trip. Stay focused BIG BLUE and play a strong game.
We luv ya, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If the coaches agree, then two players can share the same uniform #. It's just listed on the lineup card as 13a and 13b. I've just never seen it in a tournament game, usually it's a doubleheader or non league game.

I would say that at the district, regional, or state level that the actual rule would be enforced, as an official book is kept(not by the home team)

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

Thank you dani.....Does that spoonful of sugar help the medicine go down Soccer fix or are you still eating sour grapes? :mrgreen: -----The Warren coaches are aware of the rules as is our walking rule book that is in the dugout. The attitudes that need polished are only keeping the thread fun. Soooooo go get them BIG BLUE MACHINE. Hey you might want to wear your wet suits today. Keep us posted on the game being rained out so we dont make the long trip for nothing. :(

mtiger24
Waterboy

Post by mtiger24 »

heard warren lost 10-8....any truth to this?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

sounds about right ... but I have no proof of it ... they were down 10-1 early - came back to make it 10-4 ... but I don't kow what happned after that.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Congrats on a great season Warriors. Next season should be as good or better. Work hard on your game over the summer. Goodluck Zach Heath, you have been a pleasure to watch play the game.

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

YES the warriors did fall 7 to 10 . Circleville has a very nice team, but we didn't help ourselves with 5 errors and some mental lapses. I think only 3 or 4 of Circleville's runs were earned, but thats part of the game. The WARRIORS kept pecking away at the lead but could not get that big hit with runners in scoring position. VERY GOOD SEASON WARRIORS keep playing thru the summer and be ready to roll next year. :122245 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa21
ITS BEEN FUN WATCHING YOU GUYS PLAY AS A TEAM :aaaaa59

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Warriorfan79...

Since the Warriors season is over, I'll finish my final SEOAL standings.

Return to “Baseball”