Eastern Pike Baseball

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Eastern Pike Baseball

Post by OneBunter »

What's up with the baseball field? Drove passed it last week and was shocked in how it looked!!!

Primetime
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Pike Baseball

Post by Primetime »

heard martin got resigned after his release?

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

Primetime:

Regarding your post. If Martin resigned then he did not get released. If he got released he would not resign.

Primetime
Waterboy

Post by Primetime »

just sayin he was gone now he's back? anyway thats irrelivent..glad he is back good coach, if he gets ahold of some talent and boys that will listen and dedicate themselfs should be a great program in years to come.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

PrimeTime wrote:just sayin he was gone now he's back? anyway thats irrelivent..glad he is back good coach, if he gets ahold of some talent and boys that will listen and dedicate themselfs should be a great program in years to come.
Is martin back?

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

PrimeTime wrote:just sayin he was gone now he's back? anyway thats irrelivent..glad he is back good coach, if he gets ahold of some talent and boys that will listen and dedicate themselfs should be a great program in years to come.

PrimeTime:

Martin is not back coaching baseball at Eastern. Do not know where you got your info, but he will not be the baseball coach in 2011. The new coach is Mr. Stephan.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

PrimeTime:

Though I said earlier Martin is not the coach doesn't mean I agree with the decision that was made. I think Martin should still be Coaching at Eastern. How can a Administration and Board not renew a coach that went from having 10-15 kids playing to having between 30-40 playing baseball. Also he had the little league kids excited. There is no doubt in my mind that he was building a program and still should be building that program.
I just hope the new coach dedicates himself and continues what Martin had started.

Primetime
Waterboy

Post by Primetime »

this was just what I heard from some players..but yes i do agree that stephan should continue with martins program

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Agree Onebunter. But, I guess what is done is done. Best of luck to the new coach and the Eagles next season!

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

We sure do miss Coach Martin, already, and the season hasnt even started yet.....

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

Toro Loco:

I understand your post about missing Coach Martin and it is not even baseball season as you stated.

I must say i have heard many grumblings about him not being renewed, but we all have heard the old saying we do not know what we had until it is gone!!!

I think people are realizing what Eastern had in Coach Martin, but I said months ago if we were going to keep him we better rally behind him! As usual no one stood up to the Board and we lost another good coach that was taking the baseball program in the right direction.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

My question is does anyone truly know what happened regarding Coach Martin not being renewed?

meathead
Waterboy

Post by meathead »

yeah he spoke his mind about some things that was going on . he stood up for things he believed in as usual the board didnt like it same old same old at eastern theres to many dumba$$ on the board to worried about there self

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

I agree, the board hasnt changed, Coach Martin was, and still is a great coach, and a great person. He has a strong passion for the game of baseball, and I think he still would be the best Canidate for the job at Eastern, good job Eastern school board, you let a great coach/person, and teacher of the game of baseball up........

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Eastern was scheduled to play at Oak Hill today but cancelled due to not having enough players. What is going on?

Flatlander
Waterboy

Post by Flatlander »

Eastern has a game tonite at the VA. Had a couple of kids step up and decide to play. Was not the coaches fault but they were tired from basketball. Yes we will all miss coach Martin but what is done is done so we probably aought to get behind Stephan and go with it. For those of you that do not know Stephan he play baseball at Marshall. My guess is that he has baseball knowledge as well. Let play ball and have a good year. Go Eagles kick some A--

Return to “Baseball”