River Valley Baseball 2011

RVer4life
Waterboy

River Valley Baseball 2011

Post by RVer4life »

What about the RV squad? Hear they have a new coach? Does anybody know about this guy or know what key players are back this season? Sure hope they can put together a decent year.

BlizzardMan
S

Re: River Valley Baseball 2011

Post by BlizzardMan »

Seniors Cody Wimmer and Jacob Brown should lead the Raiders this year. Both will be key both at the plate. Brown should be the ace ob the mound. I'm hoping for a great season with some solid wins for the Raiders.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

So................ I guess nobody really knows anything? What about the coach? Who is it and where did he come from?

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

I think you will see a new RV this year. Their coach is a former RV player and looks to be the coach for many years. Also many of the players have been meeting and preparing for the up coming season. It sounds like RV has new passion for the game and will be trying to turn things around from the past. Remember the TVC is coming up in a few years and RV wants to be ready.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

Nice to hear that someone with ties to the school will be taking over. What is his name? I haven't heard this yet. I still thought that Coach Mellor and Coach Mazza were still coaching again this year.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

The Raiders will also be led by young talent this year. This could be a big step to building for the future.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Boys are looking good. It looks like we will have 23 boys out by Monday.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

When does RV open and who do they play? Where is the preview at in the tribune?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Raiders lost their opener to Point on Thursday, then split with GAHS Saturday, losing 6-5, then winning the nightcap, 10-9.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

Wow!!!!!!! Has RV ever beat Gallia in baseball!!!! Either Gallia is down or RV has improved. Did they play good or did the Devils play bad?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Both were a litttle shakey today. Raiders had some good defensive plays. GAHS' pitching was smacked hard by Raiders in both games. Gallipolis has six or seven lettermen back from last year's SEOAL second place finish. However, one of the regulars, third baseman and pitcher Brandon Taylor missed Friday's game at Logan and Saturday's twinbill. He was taking part in some wrestling tournament somewhere in Ohio over the weekend.

I'd say RVHS has a good chance of winning several games this spring.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

I hope. But I hear the coach likes to run them too much in practice. He also takes too many risks on the bases.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

RV finished with 5 wins. Would anyone say this was a success? I don't think Coach Eddy is the right man to turn this program around. They should have won more games this year with their talent. I say they still need a good veteran coach next year, or at least one who knows how to win.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Give Coach a chance! Yes RV has beaten Gallia Academy before in baseball.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Give Coach a chance! Yes RV has beaten Gallia Academy before in baseball.
That's the problem. It's always about giving chances at RV until coaches leave having had little success. The Raiders need somebody who can get it done now. In all sports.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

What ever. A veteran coach with a good record is not going to touch RV-sorry.

Two or three years is not giving a coach a chance to build a program. But what every you say. What is the longest any baseball coach has ever lasted at RV? Heck there have been so many baseball coaches at RV can anyone even name them all?

Just a question-What was Coach Brent Saunder's record his first year at Gallia Academy as head football coach?

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

I don't know his record. I just want RV to be successful. So mtswngrvsg, do you think 5 wins this year was a success? Do you think if a veteran coach got into the district that they should get the job? I just dont think coach Eddy is the guy.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Five wins is not a good season but it was the coaches first year. It would depend on the veteran coach to be honest. I also would like to see RV have success. I can not really say about the wins because it has been a very long time since I have seen RV play anything outside of basketball, saw sectional and GA games this past year. I just can not see a lot of veteran coaches taking the baseball job at RV. I could be wrong but it would surprise me. Heck I believe the last time a Gallia County Local School won a baseball sectional was 1992-the spring before RV.

You mentioned that you hear the coach ran the team too much. Heck when I was pitching in college I thought I was on the track team. Heck RV is the only place I know where coaches have been called into the office for working the kids too hard.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

if you look at the history 5 wins is a good year at river valley

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

I know Coach Eddy personally and think he is the right man for the job. RV has never had much success on the diamond, and 5 wins is not a bad season. If you look @ most of the successful programs in the area they all have one thing in common. A consistent HC! Athens-Gibbs, Fed Hock-Brunty, Southern-Lemley, Gallia-Corvin, Eastern-Bowen. I'm thinking there may be something to that. So coming on here and questioning a coach you may be able to keep is just plain DUMB!

Coach Eddy is a graduate of RV and cares for his alma mater, so I hope I don't have to read any more negative comments about him.

The RV squad I saw this year was the best in awhile, hands down. The boys stayed focused the entire game, which has not been the case the past few years. (Not that I blame that on the former coaching staff at all)

As far as the running comment goes, it's baseball & when you throw you build up lactic acid in your muscles. When this occurs there is one quick fix, RUN, RUN & then RUN some more.

Return to “Baseball”