River Valley Baseball 2011

RVer4life
Waterboy

Re: River Valley Baseball 2011

Post by RVer4life »

Redeagle, it seems like Coach Eddy is a nice guy, but I just feel like working on fundamentals is more important than running. Also, he played two freshmen on varsity all season. What about the older kids who have been there? I know the program needs rebuilt, but that doesn't mean that the freshmen have to play varsity right away. The Raiders made so many mistakes on the field that they should know better than to do. I want the the Raiders to succeed, but having a Coach with limited coaching experience is not a good step. He seems to know the game but I think he needs more experience before coaching at the varsity level. I do wish him well though, but I know some of the boys didn't care for him.

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

I went to many of the games and I saw a good looking squad. I feel that most of the mistakes were made by the older players not the freshman. I saw two freshman that I thought could hit along with Good hitting veteran players. I feel this was a successful season for rv when was the last time they have won this many games and been competitive in many others? Stay with it good things are going to come.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

RVer4life wrote:Redeagle, it seems like Coach Eddy is a nice guy, but I just feel like working on fundamentals is more important than running. Also, he played two freshmen on varsity all season. What about the older kids who have been there? I know the program needs rebuilt, but that doesn't mean that the freshmen have to play varsity right away. The Raiders made so many mistakes on the field that they should know better than to do. I want the the Raiders to succeed, but having a Coach with limited coaching experience is not a good step. He seems to know the game but I think he needs more experience before coaching at the varsity level. I do wish him well though, but I know some of the boys didn't care for him.
Ok, you have a concern of experience. Understandable from an older parent's perspective, which I assume you are due to your knowledge of practice combined with a decent amount of respect towards your coach, while still questioning playing time.

Q:Well how does one go about getting experience coaching?
A:By coaching, and I imagine you're going to fire back with he needs to be assistant first. I disagree with the amount of coaches RV has had at their school in the past 10 years, whom would he have had the chance to learn the game. How would his mindset of the game be altered by learning through 4 different HC's?
Why not hire a guy who may stick around and build a program, give the boys a consistent authoritative figure to come and learn from every day. The boys should pick up the coach's practice rountine, habits and begin to see the game as their coach does.

Q: What is all the running about?
A:It sounds like from the running, Coach Eddy is teaching the boys a little about discpline, which honestly has lacked the past few years. I've seen the Raiders the past few years throw hissy fits on field and basically give up after being down a few runs.

Q:Why are the younger boys starting?
A: Pure and simple, I imagine Coach has picked out what he thinks the best 9 players are on his ball club and is sending his best to play every night.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

Well, I hope coach has a plan for the offseason. I think he has already been hired back. I am not a parent, but I care for RV sports in general.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach was asked to resign. One reason was he apparently upset the booster president. Also, they wanted new direction and want him to focus on teaching because he teaches the behavior unit. This coming from the leaving principal, ad and the superintendent. Looks like we will have another coaching search and no offseason program. Great move! I'm sure they will have tons of applicants for the job.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Whaaaat???

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I ask a question about what's going on and kill the thread.

RVer4life
Waterboy

Post by RVer4life »

This is an interesting turn of events. I bet they just have someone else in line. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't. I wish coach Eddy the best.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So will the next coach be number 9 or 10 since the 93 season?

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

BlizzardMan wrote:Coach was asked to resign. One reason was he apparently upset the booster president. Also, they wanted new direction and want him to focus on teaching because he teaches the behavior unit. This coming from the leaving principal, ad and the superintendent. Looks like we will have another coaching search and no offseason program. Great move! I'm sure they will have tons of applicants for the job.
any updates on this situation?

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Any updates on a new coach yet?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Not that I know. Coach Eddy is not returning though.

bigfan
Waterboy

Post by bigfan »

Have heard the name Winters lately.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Hopefully he is a genuine baseball guy.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Have they hired anyone yet?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Maybe tonight. Don't know for sure.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

bigfan wrote:Have heard the name Winters lately.
WHO?

bigfan
Waterboy

Post by bigfan »

He is one of the assistant football coaches. His name just keeps coming up when the opening is mentioned.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

What's his experience?

bigfan
Waterboy

Post by bigfan »

I have no clue what his experience is. I can't even say if he has applied Nobody has mentioned interviews even starting yet.
Last edited by bigfan on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Baseball”