Piketon 0.. vs Wheelersburg 10... Regional final

reliob
Freshman Team

Piketon 0.. vs Wheelersburg 10... Regional final

Post by reliob »

Wow who would have thought Piketon would have gotten this far ? They seem to be on a roll. Can they be the third Piketon team in the last three years to make it to the final four? [boys basketball, girls softball, now boys baseball] or is this where the streak ends. I kinda like their chances. what do you think?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Piketon vs Wheelersburg Regional final

Post by danicalifornia »

This will be their toughest test by far, but if they can manage the game through 4 innings(much like against Portsmouth) and possibly bring Farmer back, they have a shot.

Good luck to Coach Bum and the rest of the Streaks.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Fri May 27, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

it does not surprise me that they have went this far. piketon has the most dominate pitcher in southern ohio and they usually scrap a few runs out.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

crack wrote:it does not surprise me that they have went this far. piketon has the most dominate pitcher in southern ohio and they usually scrap a few runs out.
Agreed. They are extremely aggresive on the basepaths to go along with their very good team speed and that will get you at least 1 or 2 extra runs per game. Very excited to see how this team matures over the next couple of years.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

the streaks can be suspect on defense, but if farmer has 15 strikeouts, how much defense do you have to play?

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Congratulations to Coach Bumgardner and the Streaks!

Oh how I want to go on a rant right now about how this man should have been given other opportunities at coaching but I will follow the lead of Coach Gene and stay on the high road.

Very impressive and classy pre-game interview Gene gave wkkj, where he gave credit to his players and the influence of the other varsity coaches @ Piketon for the success of this squad.

KEEP-N THE FAITH BROTHER!

X

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef knows even less about baseball than basketball but The Chef is enjoying The Streaks success. The Chef loves going to Athens in baseball or basketball because it means The Streaks are doing well. The only thing The Chef likes better than going to Athens is going to Columbus. One more boys and we all get a day off work to goto the game. Go Streaks!

X: Down here in The Village we all know you have a soft spot in your "lion" heart for The Streaks.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Can Ferguson keep them in it until farmer can pitch his three innings ? The Burg have some very good bats. I think he can , Piketon has a nice team. Loved the pick off play Gene. Kid from Portsmouth hit one of the longest homers ive ever seen . Piketon showed against St. Claireville they can swing the bats too. I 'd love to see u guys beat the Burg. They were very cocky at va last Saturday. Good Luck !
Last edited by CharlieHustle on Sat May 28, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

charliehustle wrote:. I 'd love to see u guys beat the Burg. They were very cocky at va last Saturday. Good Luck !
perhaps if YOUR team had some of that confidence they'd still be playing today too. :oops:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

i'd throw farmer the FIRST three innings and keep w'burg down and get their dabber (confidence) down. once they get up they will be hard to catch with their pitching and defense no matter who is pitching for the opposition then.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

charliehustle wrote:Can Ferguson keep them in it untill farmer can pitch his three innings ?
i didn't think he could. he is a very good pitcher but those bats just kept hummin'.
mercy ruled in 4 1/3 innings.
piketon has a great bunch of boys but it was gonna take farmer to hold those bats quiet although the streaks weren't able to score against the w'burg pitcher anyway.
piketon had 2 errors in the game with the 2nd one allowing the winning 10th run but other than that they played a nice game.
w'burg had 7 straight hits in the 3rd inning and that was the streaks undoing.

i still believe i would have started farmer and took my chances.......

two great teams playing their hearts out. nice job boys.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

KVDW wrote:
charliehustle wrote:. I 'd love to see u guys beat the Burg. They were very cocky at va last Saturday. Good Luck !
perhaps if YOUR team had some of that confidence they'd still be playing today too. :oops:

Whatever dude ,i'm from Adena . I promise you haven't heard the last of Piketon . They only have one senior on the team this year . Piketon and Adena will both make some tournament noise next year. So enjoy your season this year because next year might be different . Bet you don't win it all.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

My hats off the the Wheelersburg Pirates
They were the better team today. They fielded
Everything we hit at them. No problem with their swagger they have earned it on the field. Good luck to burg kids and coach Estep and staff. Bring home state.

I am very proud of my team and only senior Jared Vulgamore. We have work to do and unfinished business

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

charliehustle wrote:
KVDW wrote:

Whatever dude ,i'm from Adena . I promise you haven't heard the last of Piketon . They only have one senior on the team this year . So enjoy your season this year because next year might be different . Bet you don't win it all.
1. lol... i don't even have a local team to follow. i just like baseball.
2. i ain't a "dude".
3. i hope we haven't heard the last of ANY high school baseball teams.
4. you're the one who started the BS so there's no need for you to get cute now.....DUDE.
[color=#BF0000I 'd love to see u guys beat the Burg. They were very cocky at va last Saturday][/color]

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

bengalfan76 wrote:My hats off the the Wheelersburg Pirates
Everything we hit at them. No problem with their swagger they have earned it on the field. Good luck to burg kids and coach Estep and staff. Bring home state.

I am very proud of my team and only senior Jared Vulgamore. We have work to do and unfinished business
nice post. maybe you could learn a little good sportsmanship from this poster, charliehustler. :mrgreen:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

charliehustle wrote:. Bet you don't win it all.
it's for dang sure adena ain't going to, huh ?

(sorry..... but it was MY turn ). :oops:

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

KVDW wrote:

Why are you so bent out of shape? I'm not even sure who is left in D3 , probably Hamilton Baden , whoever it is i hope beats you . You say you dont have a team but you are all upset because i said the burg was cocky i guess. can't figure you out .

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

charliehustle wrote:
KVDW wrote:

Why are you so bent out of shape? I'm not even sure who is left in D3 , probably Hamilton Baden , whoever it is i hope beats you . You say you dont have a team but you are all upset because i said the burg was cocky i guess. can't figure you out .
i think cincy madeira is still in it...
and i ain't bent out of shape, i just don't like to hear (see) people putting kids down, ESPECIALLY when you didn't (and don't) even have a dog in the fight.
you didn't even play w'burg this year did you? why the hate?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

bengalfan76 wrote:My hats off the the Wheelersburg Pirates

Awesome post! You show a lot of class, something that others posting don't have. Thanks for the compliments and Good Luck to the Red Streaks next year!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

charliehustle wrote:
KVDW wrote:

Whatever dude ,i'm from Adena . I promise you haven't heard the last of Piketon . They only have one senior on the team this year . Piketon and Adena will both make some tournament noise next year. So enjoy your season this year because next year might be different . Bet you don't win it all.
The Wheelersburg Pirates represent not only their school and community. They also represent the Southern Ohio Conference, the Southeast District and the Region and that includes your home school of Adena. Why can't you compliment the Pirates and wish them well. Good Luck Pirates vs. Cin. Madeira!

Return to “Baseball”