Freshman Team

Re: Logan Baseball

Post by Late 70s Logan grad »

Bravo, Logangrad, bravo!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You guys have not not been around other schools and programs, hopefully we will start to correct some of our problems. Oh by the way good job baseball team for your 1st win and hope there are more!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

And to further prove the point, I see where Moonschein, youre on the Logan Football thread talking about "major changes" if Logan has a bad season. Once again, speculation. And negative speculation at that. You dont know what will happen so stop spewing that garbage. All I see is you trying to get some reaction out of people and for the most part, run coaches out of their jobs. You were all over the former basketball coach, now with this baseball "tough question" and football all at the same time. Just stop. It appears youre either really bored, or bitter about something within Logan. Wow with "supporters" like you, who needs a rival?? :(

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:And to further prove the point, I see where Moonschein, youre on the Logan Football thread talking about "major changes" if Logan has a bad season. Once again, speculation. And negative speculation at that. You dont know what will happen so stop spewing that garbage. All I see is you trying to get some reaction out of people and for the most part, run coaches out of their jobs. You were all over the former basketball coach, now with this baseball "tough question" and football all at the same time. Just stop. It appears youre either really bored, or bitter about something within Logan. Wow with "supporters" like you, who needs a rival?? :(

One question, If you fail to achive sucess and grade out a winner in your job, would your employer keep you and praise your performance or terminate you? It looks like all you guys can not handle the truth! With our level of talent we should never finish below .500 in any sport. EXPECT GREATNESS!!!!!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

And my boss would realize that I have been on the job a short time and not be so critical. So with your logic, then we should be asking the school board to end girls track, volleyball, girls and boys soccer, baseball, boys and grils cross country, possibly firing the football coach (based on comments on another thread) and really end the boys basketball program because they were below .500 last year.....

Coaches this year:

Baseball- 1st season
Volleyball- 1 season
Football- 1 season
Basketball- 1 season
Girls track- 1st season
Wrestling- 1st season

I see a trend here.......Maybe you need to be more supportive and less critical and cut these coaches a break. Its a new era at Logan and its going to take time to build programs. The Gassers, Kempers, Conrads and Katie Smiths of the world arent at Logan any more. We have great kids, support the ones we do have and stop trying to stir up stuff and bash the coaches for doing what they love to do.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

You need strong youth programs, you need strong summer programs, you need a committed and strong coaching staff, and you need TIME. You can't tell me with the athletic talent I've seen down there over the past several years in OTHER sports that you can't develop at least a competitive baseball program. But having seen some Logan baseball teams in recent years, you can tell they don't get enough quality experience OUTSIDE of the program, both before and during their time there. More than anything, you're going to need time and patience and some quality coaches/volunteers to help build that program. It will not happen overnight (yeah, maybe you'll see an occasional blip of success when an athletic group comes through, but kids with solid fundamentals are the core of any decent baseball program). If they're not getting that instruction when they're kids, and if they are not getting it in the summer, it's going to be very difficult to improve.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Was Portsmouth-Logan baseball game postponed Wednesday? Thanks.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:You need strong youth programs, you need strong summer programs, you need a committed and strong coaching staff, and you need TIME. You can't tell me with the athletic talent I've seen down there over the past several years in OTHER sports that you can't develop at least a competitive baseball program. But having seen some Logan baseball teams in recent years, you can tell they don't get enough quality experience OUTSIDE of the program, both before and during their time there. More than anything, you're going to need time and patience and some quality coaches/volunteers to help build that program. It will not happen overnight (yeah, maybe you'll see an occasional blip of success when an athletic group comes through, but kids with solid fundamentals are the core of any decent baseball program). If they're not getting that instruction when they're kids, and if they are not getting it in the summer, it's going to be very difficult to improve.
Thank You! You made my point very well. We have talent to be at least around a .500 baseball team. Yes we do need a strong youth program also. Again, thank you Zanes-Vegas!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

IM WITH YA GRAD. the coach is very commited! he wants his kids to get better and they will. moon, i think you should start getting de-caf in the mornings at L&J's. :lol:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I have returned! Watch for my Theory for a Succesful High School Sports!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

See where Logan beat Jackson 8-1 this evening and moved out of last place, dropping Chillicothe into the basement.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Progress is good, keep it up! Now we need to keep these kids in summer ball along with keeping the head coach and we hope the budget and support will remain. In regards to the article in today's paper, My opinion we need to start charging a parking fee for all events at the school. I would rather pay to park than have a tax levy. Futhermore I would support the defeat any type of school tax increase.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Yes the chiefs went down last night to Mt Vernon 11-0, but some progress was made this year. Summer baseball must happen and we need to bring back the coach for a second year. He needs to recriut some kids who are walking the halls. Keep stressing the basics and they will improve. Now on to football! Oh by the way, we will be having an end of the year committee meeting concerning the state of our sports programs soon. Stay tune for updates!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Are any Logan players on any American Legion teams! What a good source of developing skills!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Is Logan baseball going to have a summer camp and have a Fall team?

Return to “Baseball”