All Conference

Re: Lucasville Valley @ Piketon

Post by crazymidgets »

lol grammar nazi no periods for you 3yrs

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

Sounds to me that, Valley can't take a loss... First when the lost to Portsmouth in the District Finals, they got in trouble for using racial jokes and calling them, inappropriate words... Now a fight because they lost again?? Grow up, your going to lose. Stop stirring up stuff because your a sore loser. That's pathetic.. Very disappointed in Valley.

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

crazymidgets wrote:lol grammar nazi no periods for you 3yrs
I Love it !! Now that is funny. Only a true Seinfeld fan would enjoy the humor in that!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

TheUltimateWeapon wrote:Sounds to me that, Valley can't take a loss... First when the lost to Portsmouth in the District Finals, they got in trouble for using racial jokes and calling them, inappropriate words... Now a fight because they lost again?? Grow up, your going to lose. Stop stirring up stuff because your a sore loser. That's pathetic.. Very disappointed in Valley.
I dont believe this, to be honest....Apparently the "chants" were going on DURING the game, in which Valley led most of, and this game this ugly instance happened after a balk to win the game, so lets not act like if Valley loses, bad things happen.

I'm not condoning any of this...it's embarassing, but lets not make it look like what it's not.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Glad that the game isn't being talked about at all. Seems like parents are what high school sports should be about!

This might get me banned, but, from hearing about the games, it sounded like 2 good games between 2 good teams. Should be great years for both schools on the diamond. Okay, now that that is out of the way, back to talking about the real players...the fans!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

It was 2 very well played games DaniC had some awesome pitching from both teams and excellent defense. Bang bang play at the plate in the first inning Piketon player got gunned at the plate, then the balk in the 8th was about as close to scoring as either team had all game. 2nd game again great pitching from both teams, and lots of defense. Both teams showed they had great depth at the 1 spot and solid defense. Both teams should make noise in their respective leagues and once tourney play starts could go deep.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

The thing I hate most about this is there were 2 BIG TIME SCOUTS from Cincy and Cbus come to watch and got to see this mess ! From what I seen both sides shared in the guilt and should evaluate there actions so this does'nt happen again ! Farmer and Dwyer both pitched a hell of a game so the scouts were'nt cheated from seeing that . This game being lost on a balk did not do justice but honestly I was not in a position to see if the right call was made but it doesnt matter thats why we have the UMP's there and we must respect there call !

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

A good ole fashion pitchers duel, with great defense played by both teams. It is a shame either had to lose that first game and I think losing it on a balk call is a sad way to lose, but I think the umpire got the call correct. It was a great 1st & 3rd play by Piketon, perfect timing. Game 2 was almost as good with great pitching and defense by both teams. I think both teams (coaches and players) should be commended for there play and overcoming what was a very bad situation off the field.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

chicken_coop wrote:
TheUltimateWeapon wrote:Sounds to me that, Valley can't take a loss... First when the lost to Portsmouth in the District Finals, they got in trouble for using racial jokes and calling them, inappropriate words... Now a fight because they lost again?? Grow up, your going to lose. Stop stirring up stuff because your a sore loser. That's pathetic.. Very disappointed in Valley.
I dont believe this, to be honest....Apparently the "chants" were going on DURING the game, in which Valley led most of, and this game this ugly instance happened after a balk to win the game, so lets not act like if Valley loses, bad things happen.

I'm not condoning any of this...it's embarassing, but lets not make it look like what it's not.
Valley led most of the game? Wasn't the game tied at 0 at the time? At what point did Valley lead? It was an unfortunate incident by ONE Valley parent. It's amazing how much damage one person can do to a community....or a few immature students at a basketball game.
Good luck to both teams. I look forward to following their success.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BillyHoyle42 wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

Valley led most of the game? Wasn't the game tied at 0 at the time? At what point did Valley lead? It was an unfortunate incident by ONE Valley parent. It's amazing how much damage one person can do to a community....or a few immature students at a basketball game.
Good luck to both teams. I look forward to following their success.
I was referring to the basketball game, as a direct response to the District game mentioned by Ultimate weapon. I agree it is a shame that a small isolated incident can reflect on an entire community, especially baseball, when the total attendance was probably 50 people..

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Its over.... move on. this should be about the kids not the actions of adults.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Wow, crazy parents!! Imagine that?

But, losing on a balk would be tough. However, I believe 3 years ago Cal State Fullerton lost in a Regional or Super Regional game by balking in the winning run. It happens, it's a part of the game. Both these teams will have exceptional years and hopefully the parents will settle down.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SOCMAN05 wrote:The thing I hate most about this is there were 2 BIG TIME SCOUTS from Cincy and Cbus come to watch and got to see this mess ! From what I seen both sides shared in the guilt and should evaluate there actions so this does'nt happen again ! Farmer and Dwyer both pitched a hell of a game so the scouts were'nt cheated from seeing that . This game being lost on a balk did not do justice but honestly I was not in a position to see if the right call was made but it doesnt matter thats why we have the UMP's there and we must respect there call !
Maybe if they didnt find the baseball talent they were looking for, they found a couple of boxing talents? Sorry, couldnt resist.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

From what I heard, it sounded like both sides were at fault. Loud and obnoxious all game long. Are the schools doing anything to punish the parents involved?
If I was an administrator or AD, I certainly wouldn't be too happy about what took place and how the situation was handled.
Its a shame that incident had to overshaddow a great game, by two great baseball teams.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

B RED....... Both starters for GAME#1 hit 88mph on the gun ! I'd say the scouts got there moneys worth, a no hitter for Piketon and a 1 hitter for Valley ! See ya 3/30 @ 5pm Valley @ Minford !!!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^
Piketon had 4 hits but Both Valley Pitchers were very good.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

SOCMAN05 wrote:B RED....... Both starters for GAME#1 hit 88mph on the gun ! I'd say the scouts got there moneys worth, a no hitter for Piketon and a 1 hitter for Valley ! See ya 3/30 @ 5pm Valley @ Minford !!!!!!
i think if i was a scout, i'd be lookiing at the guy that got the only hit in the game.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Piketon had 4 hits in first game. Not that it matters.

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Post by NTHZONE »

Not That it matters either but the starters in the 1st game gave up none and one before being removed I think thats what man05 was implying .

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Wait. At which point did the hockey game break out? :shock:

Return to “Baseball”