Tournament Draws

big_al3564
Riding the Bench

Re: Tournament Draws

Post by big_al3564 »

Valley already beat notre dame like 10-1 so that will give valley the edge. But you never know we will see in about 3 hours.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Valley
ND
Whiteoak
?
?
Manchester

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Sectional Draws have been posted.

1. Valley
2. Notre Dame
3. Whiteoak
4. Fairfield
5. East
6. Manchester
7. Clay
8. Western
9. Eastern
10. New Boston

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I think this is the draw in the East. I could have 4 & 5 transposed but have the game correct.

1 Southern
2 Green
3 Eastern
4 Symmes Valley
5 Trimble
6 Waterford
7 St Joe
8 South Webster
9 South Gallia

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

93Bulldog wrote:Yea, the basketball thing was not cool Hopper ... I thought the three best teams all ended up in the top bracket ...

If Valley ends up getting the No. 2 - the same scenerio would play out with Southern and Valley possibly meeting up in the district championship game ... Not only that - the winner will have to face Newark Catholic/Fisher Catholic right off the rip in the regionals (which will most likely be their ace pitcher) ... The lower bracket team will play the district winner from Cambridge.
You people crack me up. In the Lucasville bracket, Notre Dame had already beaten South Webster and had the best record? Notre Dame then let a game get away that they were up 10 points in late in the second half to a senior heavy S.Gallia team that gave Southern a battle both games. Eastern Pike handled Manchester pretty easily (up 10 points or more for most of the game). Manchester had beat Southern (even though I think Southern had the better team but Southern allowed Combs and Ricketts open layups and open jumpers all game?) and South Webster (who seemed to play with no fire).

How did the best teams in end up in the same bracket if Notre Dame beat Webster and then Eastern Pike beat Mancester in the Regional semi? I think the best two teams were in the Meiggs bracket (Southern and Eastern Pike). The best team as proven on the court was Eastern Pike. Get over it!

As to baseball, good luck to the Tornadoes and Indians!

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Eaglesnest wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Yea, the basketball thing was not cool Hopper ... I thought the three best teams all ended up in the top bracket ...

If Valley ends up getting the No. 2 - the same scenerio would play out with Southern and Valley possibly meeting up in the district championship game ... Not only that - the winner will have to face Newark Catholic/Fisher Catholic right off the rip in the regionals (which will most likely be their ace pitcher) ... The lower bracket team will play the district winner from Cambridge.
You people crack me up. In the Lucasville bracket, Notre Dame had already beaten South Webster and had the best record? Notre Dame then let a game get away that they were up 10 points in late in the second half to a senior heavy S.Gallia team that gave Southern a battle both games. Eastern Pike handled Manchester pretty easily (up 10 points or more for most of the game). Manchester had beat Southern (even though I think Southern had the better team but Southern allowed Combs and Ricketts open layups and open jumpers all game?) and South Webster (who seemed to play with no fire).

How did the best teams in end up in the same bracket if Notre Dame beat Webster and then Eastern Pike beat Mancester in the Regional semi? I think the best two teams were in the Meiggs bracket (Southern and Eastern Pike). The best team as proven on the court was Eastern Pike. Get over it!

As to baseball, good luck to the Tornadoes and Indians!

Eastern Pike took care of business in the tournament but if you think going through East and South Gallia was a tougher road than going through Manchester and South Webster you apparently didn't watch much basketball last year. I don't really remember Combs and Ricketts getting too many lay ups but I do remember them shooting about 50% from behind the arch. Southern beat South Gallia by 8 and 11 points. Anytime a number 1 seed team has a tougher road than a number 2 seed that is screwing the number 1 seed, not hard to understand. Like I said I give credit to Eastern Pike they took care of business and beat the teams they had to.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Since its a baseball topic - I will make my comments short ... The four best teams IMO were Eastern Pike, South Webster, Southern & Manchester ... 3 of those teams were in the top half of the bracket ... Hence - my earlier statement.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Hopper11-Eastern Pike did beat the teams that they had to...including Manchester when Southen didn't. I still feel that Southern was better than manchester but played very poorly on the defensive end that night.

93Bulldog-I respect your work here greatly (even with your TVC bias...lol). I even agree with your above statement of the 4 best teams in D4, but your prior statement of the "3 BEST teams" were in the same bracket is what I disagreed with. You can't say the BEST teams were in that bracket when Notre Dame proved on the court to be better than S.Webster and Eastern Pike proved to be better than Manchester. None of your "3 BEST" made it to the Elite 8..>Eastern Pike did.
Manchester underachieved in the regular season. Notre Dame underachieved in the tourney.

Enough bball talk on this baseball topic from me!

Return to “Baseball”