One week left in Scioto Valley Conference

warningtrackpower
All Conference

One week left in Scioto Valley Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Below is a description of this week’s podcast show (SVC Sports Talk) followed by a link to the show. Just click link, hit play arrow, and listen for free.

This week is a great week on the Cardo’s Family Fun Center SVC Sports Talk podcast show as SVCsportszone.com’s Shayne Combs and Matt Combs apologize for putting the official jinx on the SVC baseball and softball races. Show 26 also discusses the new bat requirements in high school baseball as Huntington’s Chad Carroll and Zane Trace’s Ron Allen talk about the changes they see as well as how it could change the game moving forward. There is also plenty of softball to discuss as Jeremy Ward helps describe a crazy week that completely shook up the SVC softball standings. The baseball and softball discussion is capped off by another version of Extra Innings as Shayne and Jeremy talk best weekly performance, nicest field, strikeouts, and tournament draw.

The show then turns to track as names like Ross, Stout, and other SVC stars are continuing to post incredible times and rewriting record books in the process. This week’s track coverage also includes another Photo Finish as Shayne and Matt talk coaching strategies, SVC records that could be in trouble, and the top contenders for meet medalist at this year’s conference championships.

Fans, please remember you can always be a part of the show by calling 740-569-3254 to leave your comment/question for next week’s show.

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk042912

nice guy
Varsity

Re: One week left in Scioto Valley Conference

Post by nice guy »

huntington knocked off unioto last night.
westfall beat adena.
piketon beat zt in extra innings. great game but, an ugly situation.
Last edited by nice guy on Tue May 01, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Two games left:

Adena 10-2, 16-5
Zane Trace 8-4, 14-6
Piketon 8-4, 18-6
Westfall 7-5, 10-11
Unioto 6-6, 10-6
Huntngton 5-7, 6-11
Paint Valley 3-9, 11-12
Southeastern 1-11, 3-15

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Adena has to beat either ZT or Huntington to win it outright. Congrats to the Warriors on another SVC title.

You know it's a tough league when the 7th place team gets a 5 seed in the sectional. Still would have liked to see Huntington get onto the 6 line to get a chance to knock off Lynchburg again. Coach Carroll has his Huntsmen rolling at the right time.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Adena 12-2, 18-5
Piketon 9-5, 19-8
Zane Trace 9-5, 15-7
Westfall 9-5, 12-12
Unioto 8-6, 12-6
Huntington 5-9, 6-13
Paint Valley 3-11, 11-14
Southeastern 1-13, 3-18
Last edited by nice guy on Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

judge judy
Riding the Bench

Post by judge judy »

crack wrote:huntington knocked off unioto last night.
westfall beat adena.
piketon beat zt in extra innings. great game but, an ugly situation.

ugly situation?? how?

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

ignorant ZT people...

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

it was pretty nasty, umpire threw one zt fan out probably should have tossed a couple more, one parent wanted to beat up the kids from piketon, and he tried to start a fight with piketon coach, also he is the same individual tossed from the zt - piketon basketball game by a ref., lets see a. d. had to bring the sherriff in yada,yada,yada. just glad the kids got out of there safe just stupid stupid behavior. other than that great ball game by both teams.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

I thought the umpire had no control of the game either.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Hmm wasnt meaning I thought he let the game get out of control totally, maybe he should have acted a little sooner and maybe should have tossed a couple more and he was as upset as I have ever seen an umpire get in a high school game (I think he wanted to whip a few of them himself). For the game with the way the parents were acting directly behind him i would have probably thrown the whole group out but thats me. He got in contact with the A.D. had him come down and then had them call a sherriff in so I thought he did ok. Its a tough situation for an umpire, probably not what he was expecting from a group of parents when he left to do the game.

Return to “Baseball”