10-9 Burg with 2 outs.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs. St. Clairsville-Regional Final

Post by piratepride05 »

Final 10-9 Burg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

piratepride05 wrote:10-9 Burg with 2 outs.
come on burg hold em

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Congratulations Pirates!!!!

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

How did St. Clairsville get the 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Pirates!!

Another trip to the Final 4!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the win.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

The Pirates will play either against Fredericktown or Hamilton Badin next Thursday at 10 am at Huntington park.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

According to the state website the next game is 10am on June 1st and that would be Friday.

Have they changed it?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I think Drrabbit you are correct but it could have been changed already lol

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

The announcer at the game said Thursday but he could have been mistaken.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Well they keep changing EVERY game's time this tournament (five for five so far) and I just CAN'T keep up! Luckily, I took both days off next week just in case. But Thursday would be better for me as I will be covering the state track meet on Friday also. Oh well, I have done this juggle before. :) Actually more times than not the last five years...

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Pirates! I also was stuck at work with no radio to keep up. I had planned for the 5:00 game and that I could have made. My son and grandson had to keep me updated.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Too bad for St. Clairsville. Red Devils have had such a successful sports years I just wanted to see them continue another leg of the journey.
Football playoffs, basketball state final, and a tough 10-9 loss in Regional final.

Vincenzo had pitched last 2 St. Clairsville playoff games and struck out 15 each time. Never heard of tournament teams playing on consecutive days, but oh well. A lot of the Red Devils are back next season.

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

piratepride05 wrote:Wheelersburg is up 2-0 in the bottom of the 1st. Boyer hit an inside the park home run.
actually it was Arnold who had the inside the park in the first.

Congratulations Pirates!!!!!!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

surfsider wrote:Too bad for St. Clairsville. Red Devils have had such a successful sports years I just wanted to see them continue another leg of the journey.
Football playoffs, basketball state final, and a tough 10-9 loss in Regional final.

Vincenzo had pitched last 2 St. Clairsville playoff games and struck out 15 each time. Never heard of tournament teams playing on consecutive days, but oh well. A lot of the Red Devils are back next season.
The Regionals are always back to back.
As far as having a lot of Red Devisl back. Look at the Rosters of 2 of the other three teams in Regional....
Great season to St. Clairsville.
Congrats to Wheelersburg. Now all of SE Ohio needs to get behind them next week...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to Coach Estep and the Pirates. Great job!!!

Time to get that state title and I think this years team can do it. They have both solid hitting and great pitching.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Burg on winning the Regional Championship and good luck against either Fredericktown or Hamilton Badin in the State Semi Finals.

Bring another State Championship home to Southeastern Ohio.

Go Pirates.......

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

bengalfan76 wrote:
surfsider wrote:Too bad for St. Clairsville. Red Devils have had such a successful sports years I just wanted to see them continue another leg of the journey.

The Regionals are always back to back.
As far as having a lot of Red Devisl back. Look at the Rosters of 2 of the other three teams in Regional....
Great season to St. Clairsville.
Congrats to Wheelersburg. Now all of SE Ohio needs to get behind them next week...

The state finals are back to back as well. They play Friday in the semis and then the finals Saturday.

jason bourne
Waterboy

Post by jason bourne »

Congrats to the pirates and Coach Estep going to back,to back,to back final fours., what an accomplishment for him and his coaching staff. IMHO probably the best staff in the region. Didn't get to see the game thursday but heard it was quite a pitching clinic by Zach Farmer and Derek Moore. Quite honestly the best 2 junior pitchers at least south of columbus. I did talk to a guy from the VA and he said of Moore's 72 pitches only 12 were balls, now thats impressive, wish I could have seen that.
Now to today, i did get to see this one and let me tell you what a team effort this was, from Austin Boyer not quite having his best stuff but an error didnt help his situation out any, to him not hanging his head when coach took him out, he make great defensive plays at third and did a good job at the plate. To Wade Martin coming in and bailing out the pirates with what I thought wasnt his best stuff either but he threw strikes and they played defense behind him, to Derek Moore coming in and closing things out, with not his best stuff either, but throwing 72 pitches yesterday probably had a litte to do with that. But he battled through it all and got the job done. Now what a yeomans job by Dylan Miller behind the plate with the injury to Hall, outstanding. Ben Arnold pulling through being a hitting machine right now, and also Wade Martin as well, all they do is hit. I thought Derek Arthur played an outstanding RF as did Clay Massie in CF, and as usual Brett Hood , Alex Shears and Moore always solid in the field , and had some key AB's as well. I thought it was a total team effort today and i believe that is what it will take to win it all. Great Pitching, great defense and timely hitting, and of course a little luck wouldnt hurt. Good Luck on Friday Pirates

Return to “Baseball”